Perth: City of Culture 2021

Well, that's just incorrect. Perth has an excellent midwife led maternity ward. If there are any complications then they have to go to dundee.

Perth is a great place, I've lived there for 15 years and have no intention of changing that.

Oh bugger off with your facts and truth. That's no way to respond to a deliberate attempt to fish for a response from the fermers.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perth's really nowhere near as bad as some people are making out. Pretty boring, it's true, but in terms of places in Scotland to live/grow up it compares favourably with most similarly sized towns. Miles better than shiteholes such as Greenock or Paisley, for example.

It has more good areas than bad, as well as quite a few nice villages on the outskirts. Kinnoull, Gannochy, Oakbank, Viewlands, Western Edge, Craigie are all pretty decent places to live. Then you've got Letham, Muirton and Tulloch which are a bit shiter.

The town centre's in need of some regeneration but some of the blame for that can be laid at the council's door. As has already been mentioned there's a fair number of decent restaurants and pubs but the town does definitely suffer from losing a large number of young people who leave for uni and never return.

6 minutes ago, Pete Rockwell said:

Love it when people from Perth say it's reasonable because places outside of it that aren't Perth are good. 

#Perthshire

FWIW I regularly almost f**k that hashtag up due to "r" and "t" being next to each other on the keyboard...

My serious reaction to Perth is meh s'arite. There is no actual reason to go there, I mean not one.

But at the same time there is not much wrong with it.

It's obviously not Dundee, Glasgow or Edinburgh, probably on a par with Aberdeen for interest.

Obviously better than like a Falkirk or Paisley.

The centre is uninspiring but a wander round the North Inch then over to Branklyn Gardens is pleasant.  A trek up Kinnoul is also worth it, an enjoyable walk and stunning scenery over the Tay.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Correct. Although Kinnoul is not in Perth and the views are of Carse of Gowrie and Fife. They can't have it.

Whit you on about ya Kinross junkie?

Kinnoull is part of perth and always will. 

I seem to have misquoted TSAC.  I'm the fringe excuse my pishead. 

Kinnoull is part of Perth, saying otherwise is madness, its about two minutes from the city centre FFS

The view from the top, looking over the city itself, is also beautiful.

kinnoull-hill.jpg

Archived