Perth: City of Culture 2021

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinnoull is part of Perth, saying otherwise is madness, its about two minutes from the city centre FFS

The view from the top, looking over the city itself, is also beautiful.

kinnoull-hill.jpg

That's pretty shite, tbh.

I don't think anyone's denying Perth is quite boring. The walks up Kinnoull Hill are beautiful, however. 

Here's some facts for you to ponder: 

Economy    

The area’s economic activity rate outperforms the Scottish average. The current unemployment rate for Perth and Kinross is 2.4%, (Scottish average 4.1%), and its five-year business survival rate is higher than both the Scottish and UK averages.
Here, 6,255 businesses turn over almost a third more than the average Scottish local authority area business base (£9.99bn compared to £7.62bn). 

Skilled workforce

Among Scotland’s seven cities Perth shares top position for the percentage of its residents qualified to graduate level (61.5%); and is second only to Aberdeen in terms of the percentage of residents who work in the private sector. 

Quality of life

The Perth City region offers an exceptional quality of life for business owners, their workforce and their families. A rich heritage, a thriving arts and cultural scene, a vibrant evening economy centred on some of the best restaurants in Scotland and immediate access to one of the finest natural environments in Europe: all this combines to deliver a truly welcoming and exciting place in which to live and work.

Visit

Perthshire attracts close to 2 million visitors each year, drawn by the region’s stunning natural environment, diverse wildlife, history, heritage and culture.

Dundee, on the other hand, has one of the highest unemployment rates in the UK, one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates, and an old ship.

10 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I don't think anyone's denying Perth is quite boring. The walks up Kinnoull Hill are beautiful, however. 

Here's some facts for you to ponder: 

Economy    

The area’s economic activity rate outperforms the Scottish average. The current unemployment rate for Perth and Kinross is 2.4%, (Scottish average 4.1%), and its five-year business survival rate is higher than both the Scottish and UK averages.
Here, 6,255 businesses turn over almost a third more than the average Scottish local authority area business base (£9.99bn compared to £7.62bn). 

Skilled workforce

Among Scotland’s seven cities Perth shares top position for the percentage of its residents qualified to graduate level (61.5%); and is second only to Aberdeen in terms of the percentage of residents who work in the private sector. 

Quality of life

The Perth City region offers an exceptional quality of life for business owners, their workforce and their families. A rich heritage, a thriving arts and cultural scene, a vibrant evening economy centred on some of the best restaurants in Scotland and immediate access to one of the finest natural environments in Europe: all this combines to deliver a truly welcoming and exciting place in which to live and work.

Visit

Perthshire attracts close to 2 million visitors each year, drawn by the region’s stunning natural environment, diverse wildlife, history, heritage and culture.

Dundee, on the other hand, has one of the highest unemployment rates in the UK, one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates, and an old ship.

I think it says it all about the city of Perth that no one can make a convincing case that it isn't some soul sucking purgatorial meh fest without having to venture out of town to try and claim the whole county.

Anyway. Here is view of the Carse of Gowrie bit of Kinnoull which I think we can all agree shits on the Perth view.

Kinnoull-Hill-and-Tower.jpg

I think it says it all about the city of Perth that no one can make a convincing case that it isn't some soul sucking purgatorial meh fest without having to venture out of town to try and claim the whole county.

Very much this. Last week BBC Breakfast were looking at Perth's bid by spending most of the time interviewing some artist in Dunkeld. Bad BBC, bad.

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

You're called BoredumGuy ffs. :lol:

That's rich coming from such a dull, beige poster. The only reason people know you exist  is because you watched your dad getting beat up, didn't do anything, then called out the attackers on here. 

That's rich coming from such a dull, beige poster. The only reason people know you exist  is because you watched your dad getting beat up, didn't do anything, then called out the attackers on here. 

K stalker

He's called RandomGuy, mate.    

I think what you meant to say was........."This is my attempt at edgy wordplay"  "I'm laughing at my own work"  

Absolutely no-ones impressed, c**t.    

Edgy wordplay? :lol: That's his nickname across the board.

What was that meltdown all about where he thought he was impressing folk by, and I use the term loosely, 'trolling' the wrestling thread?

He just went insane in the wasteland forum and was laughing at grown men being into wrestling. Again not a bad thing IMO but a bit of a loose cannon:

4 minutes ago, Tyskie said:

You're laughing at your own work again.  

You're not impressing me, kiddo.   

This thread is a #Perth and #Perthshire love-in.   

Postcode jealousy is a terrible thing.   

#Gleneagles 

My home is in Perth and Kinross. :1eye

Archived