FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Larbert_Par said:

Still very popular with away fans.
It has seen better days, absolutely, hence why the club have been looking to move for at least a decade.
If/when they do, hopefully it won't be a huge, open spaced bowl like West Ham have. It doesn't look like a brilliant place to watch football.
Though for the home crowd, that's probably a good thing given how woeful their team have been.

Goodison is by far and away my favourite ground in the EPL. Very few like it are left, sadly. 

I'll be gutted if/when Everton move.

12 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Im just accepting things as they've turned out. Ideally expanding UP to 60K would have been ideal but was never going to happen unless the council bulldozed several streets..........which wouldn't have been a great loss right enough.

I don't see why Liverpool and Everton couldn't share a state of the art stadium as it seems to work elsewhere and would benefit both clubs.

The same Goodison argument has been made on here for years about Somerset Park in Ayr......that's another crumbling dump which should've been demolished decades ago.

Now you've taken it too far Jimmy ... Somerset Park is a classic :) 

You are a brave man saying on here that bulldozing several streets wouldn't have been a great loss after the outpouring of grief on here about a few houses left on Lothair Road. 

From a Liverpool perspective a groundshare was never an option many fans were very strongly against it. 

5 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Goodison is by far and away my favourite ground in the EPL. Very few like it are left, sadly. 

I'll be gutted if/when Everton move.

Especially if their new American owners are 'Tories':blink:

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Now you've taken it too far Jimmy ... Somerset Park is a classic :) 

You are a brave man saying on here that bulldozing several streets wouldn't have been a great loss after the outpouring of grief on here about a few houses left on Lothair Road. 

From a Liverpool perspective a groundshare was never an option many fans were very strongly against it. 

I'm a 5 minute drive from Somerset...........some folks like it.....I don't mind it the odd time but would prefer not to be in the same league!!

The houses near UP wouldn't be WH fans so no loss there......aherm.

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Absolutely fair play to Liverpool and any other club who have the finances and the space to expand their clubs to the capacity where they believe they can move onwards and upwards. If you look at Google maps you'll see WH had no posibility of expanding beyond the capacity of 35,000.

I thought when West Ham built their new Main Stand the reason for building it where it was rather than simply replacing the old one was that the pitch was going to get moved 15-20 metres away from the old Chicken Run side,  so that another big stand could go up in its place? It could have easily been able to hold 35-40,000 maybe more and with the best will in the world, there's no real need for any 60,000 ground to "push to the next level" or whatever corporate speak the club use.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Bayern and 1860 seem to manage quite well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allianz_Arena

Aren't 1860 looking to move out? It's a great stadium right enough. Well worth a stadium tour.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I thought when West Ham built their new Main Stand the reason for building it where it was rather than simply replacing the old one was that the pitch was going to get moved 15-20 metres away from the old Chicken Run side,  so that another big stand could go up in its place? It could have easily been able to hold 35-40,000 maybe more and with the best will in the world, there's no real need for any 60,000 ground to "push to the next level" or whatever corporate speak the club use.

Aren't 1860 looking to move out? It's a great stadium right enough. Well worth a stadium tour.

I'd read 1860 we're thinking of moving back the Olympic stadium.

West Ham at the Olympic reminds me of Juve at the Stadio Del Alpi. They will continue to stagnate there as long as they remain there. Only alternative option is to do a mass bulldoze and rebuild and it just ain't gonna happen.

Archived