FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

6 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Upton Park was the perfect size. It was full just about every week regardless of who the opposition were and how important the game was. It was still busy even for run of the mill Championship games against the likes of Barnsley and Doncaster.

Can't imagine the corporate types or tourists rushing to watch such games in Stratford should another relegation occur in the near future - not too difficult to imagine with the way things have been going this season.

Do you think WH would've been able to progress while staying at UP while the other big London clubs are aspiring to 60,000 seater stadiums? We are led to believe there are tens of thousands on the waiting list for season tickets so tourists and corporates shouldn't really be an issue.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Do you think WH would've been able to progress while staying at UP while the other big London clubs are aspiring to 60,000 seater stadiums? We are led to believe there are tens of thousands on the waiting list for season tickets so tourists and corporates shouldn't really be an issue.

And of course they get the stadium for a steal of a rent, paid for by tax payers. Shed no tears if they go down.

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Stadium moves don't kill clubs. It's never going to be the same as Upton Park but it's not the reason that Payet wants to leave, the defence is rubbish (barring Winston Reid) and the team can't seem to manage a pass to a teammate.

By all accounts the atmosphere is improving and the place is sold out most weeks - that's hardly a bad position to be in. The whole 'bad stadium' thing seems to be something that someone once said and that the commentators have got hold of and are just tanning the arse out of it.

No, Football these days is full of new money buying Mc Stadiums with no character. No sense of individuality and no thought to the future.

A bowl with 3 tiers is all the human race can imagine right now.

8 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Stadium moves don't kill clubs. It's never going to be the same as Upton Park but it's not the reason that Payet wants to leave, the defence is rubbish (barring Winston Reid) and the team can't seem to manage a pass to a teammate.

By all accounts the atmosphere is improving and the place is sold out most weeks - that's hardly a bad position to be in. The whole 'bad stadium' thing seems to be something that someone once said and that the commentators have got hold of and are just tanning the arse out of it.

No, Football these days is full of new money buying Mc Stadiums with no character. No sense of individuality ad no thought to  the future.

A bowl with 3  tiers is all the human race can imagine now.

8 minutes ago, Larbert_Par said:

Few of my mates who follow Everton home and away were sad to see the Boleyn go. For them, it was one of the best aways in the league.
I was watching the Hibs game but that is an abysmal result.

I was in the WH section at Goodison for Moyes last game in charge. Now that stadium is a crumbling dump and needs bulldozed......as does a 5 mile radius with the exception of Wetherspoons.

I was in the WH section at Goodison for Moyes last game in charge. Now that stadium is a crumbling dump and needs bulldozed......as does a 5 mile radius with the exception of Wetherspoons.

Still very popular with away fans.
It has seen better days, absolutely, hence why the club have been looking to move for at least a decade.
If/when they do, hopefully it won't be a huge, open spaced bowl like West Ham have. It doesn't look like a brilliant place to watch football.
Though for the home crowd, that's probably a good thing given how woeful their team have been.

3 minutes ago, Larbert_Par said:

Still very popular with away fans.
It has seen better days, absolutely, hence why the club have been looking to move for at least a decade.
If/when they do, hopefully it won't be a huge, open spaced bowl like West Ham have. It doesn't look like a brilliant place to watch football.
Though for the home crowd, that's probably a good thing given how woeful their team have been.

They should've bit the bullet with Liverpool some years ago and shared a joint new build stadium but that boat has now sailed unfortunately.

Goodison will always be better than your soulless shitehole of an arena.

You've all been fooled into thinking this is the way forward. Just you wait. Once west ham are relegated again the fans will turn their backs and it will be like a scene out of an Italian game. A big Olympic stadium with no fans and no atmosphere. West Ham will end up moving into a different stadium in the end.

Upton Park was the bollocks. I was sad that I never managed to see it. Fair play to Liverpool who have developed their spiritual home and not opted for a classic bowl stadium. Anfield is a great ground and will forever be better than the likes of the fucking Emirates.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

You've all been fooled into thinking this is the way forward. Just you wait. Once west ham are relegated again the fans will turn their backs and it will be like a scene out of an Italian game. A big Olympic stadium with no fans and no atmosphere. West Ham will end up moving into a different stadium in the end.

Upton Park was the bollocks. I was sad that I never managed to see it. Fair play to Liverpool who have developed their spiritual home and not opted for a classic bowl stadium. Anfield is a great ground and will forever be better than the likes of the fucking Emirates.

Yep. Correct. BTW add Hampden to the list of crap bowl grounds.

No, Football these days is full of new money buying Mc Stadiums with no character. No sense of individuality ad no thought to  the future.
A bowl with 3  tiers is all the human race can imagine now.

Yeah it is, fans don't like it - I don't myself so I understand why. Having a ground that's rubbish for watching football in isn't the end of the world though, and I doubt it's the main or only reason West Ham are shit at the moment - it's just lazy from the commentators that they keep going on about it.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Absolutely fair play to Liverpool and any other club who have the finances and the space to expand their clubs to the capacity where they believe they can move onwards and upwards. If you look at Google maps you'll see WH had no posibility of expanding beyond the capacity of 35,000.

Payet came on at 58th minute.

So nearly half an hour he was on before I noticed him. He's not interested any more is he?

Why do the BBC have to be such p.c w****rs when folk pitch invade. Oh let's go to an arial shot while the guys are on the pitch...f**k off you wet blankets

I can understand it when it's some fat hairy-arsed streaker running about with his willy oot, but it was only Spider-Man and his mate tonight.

4581479727a852ffe8f6d3ffedf31de6.jpg

11 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Absolutely fair play to Liverpool and any other club who have the finances and the space to expand their clubs to the capacity where they believe they can move onwards and upwards. If you look at Google maps you'll see WH had no posibility of expanding beyond the capacity of 35,000.

Things that get on your nerves...people that say "fair play".

18 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah it is, fans don't like it - I don't myself so I understand why. Having a ground that's rubbish for watching football in isn't the end of the world though, and I doubt it's the main or only reason West Ham are shit at the moment - it's just lazy from the commentators that they keep going on about it.

Horrible club, nasty fans, cuntish owners.........

Sorry Jimmy I can't agree with you here and while I appreciate that a new build is the most viable way forward for a lot of clubs you can't beat the traditional. 

Liverpool dodged a big bullet when the spade never made into the ground on Stanley Park and they were able to build the new main stand. 

Goodison is my favourite away trip of the season and while there may be some poor views it is a great old fashioned ground. 

I've yet to get to the Olympic Stadium but expect it to be like Arsenal where give me Highbury over the Emirates anyday. 

3 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Sorry Jimmy I can't agree with you here and while I appreciate that a new build is the most viable way forward for a lot of clubs you can't beat the traditional. 

Liverpool dodged a big bullet when the spade never made into the ground on Stanley Park and they were able to build the new main stand. 

Goodison is my favourite away trip of the season and while there may be some poor views it is a great old fashioned ground. 

I've yet to get to the Olympic Stadium but expect it to be like Arsenal where give me Highbury over the Emirates anyday. 

Im just accepting things as they've turned out. Ideally expanding UP to 60K would have been ideal but was never going to happen unless the council bulldozed several streets..........which wouldn't have been a great loss right enough.

I don't see why Liverpool and Everton couldn't share a state of the art stadium as it seems to work elsewhere and would benefit both clubs.

The same Goodison argument has been made on here for years about Somerset Park in Ayr......that's another crumbling dump which should've been demolished decades ago.

Archived