FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

You must agree with the latter 3 though?

Decent club.......absolutely proper fans with no glory hunters obviously........the stadium is what it is to allow progression (in the fullness of time of course).......committed owners spending there own millions (on players).....Stratford is no worse than some places i've been.

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Decent club.......absolutely proper fans with no glory hunters obviously........the stadium is what it is to allow progression (in the fullness of time of course).......committed owners spending there own millions (on players).....Stratford is no worse than some places i've been.

The stadium has been an absolute disaster. It's killing the club.

The owners are Tory scum.

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Their old ground was one of the best I've ever been to. Different stands, character, built up over time and loads of history. 

Glory hunters.....1966?????

The less said about the owners the better.

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

There is no going back on the stadium obviously so everyone just has to get on board and make the best of it.

I couldn't care less about the political persuasion of the owners.

Upton Park was the perfect size. It was full just about every week regardless of who the opposition were and how important the game was. It was still busy even for run of the mill Championship games against the likes of Barnsley and Doncaster.

Can't imagine the corporate types or tourists rushing to watch such games in Stratford should another relegation occur in the near future - not too difficult to imagine with the way things have been going this season.

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

There is no going back on the stadium obviously so everyone just has to get on board and make the best of it.

I couldn't care less about the political persuasion of the owners.

It's their politics that are killing the club and driving away the real fans.

Pure Tory greed.

7 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Their old ground was one of the best I've ever been to. Different stands, character, built up over time and loads of history. 

Glory hunters.....1966?????

The less said about the owners the better.

The Boleyn was good in it's day but not for a club striving to the next level as Spuds and Chelsea are going for.

Few of my mates who follow Everton home and away were sad to see the Boleyn go. For them, it was one of the best aways in the league.
I was watching the Hibs game but that is an abysmal result.

Stadium moves don't kill clubs. It's never going to be the same as Upton Park but it's not the reason that Payet wants to leave, the defence is rubbish (barring Winston Reid) and the team can't seem to manage a pass to a teammate.

By all accounts the atmosphere is improving and the place is sold out most weeks - that's hardly a bad position to be in. The whole 'bad stadium' thing seems to be something that someone once said and that the commentators have got hold of and are just tanning the arse out of it.

Archived