Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Mixed race people in Japan refer to themselves as hafu and don't resent the term. It's just a description. 

Does it make it correct?

Nah, what they really need is a white European to go over and teach them how they're all disgusting racists.

Surely a culture where you can acknowledge that someone is a different race without it carrying any loaded baggage/prejudice/hate whatever, it is just an observation, is something to aspire to?

Quite interesting how many people are leaping to the fact this is offensive because of how toxic it's become here.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely a culture where you can acknowledge that someone is a different race without it carrying any loaded baggage/prejudice/hate whatever, it is just an observation, is something to aspire to?

Quite interesting how many people are leaping to the fact this is offensive because of how toxic it's become here.

"language is innate, or in other words, we are born with a capacity for language. Language is so complex, with an unlimited combination of sounds, words, and phrases, that environmental learning is not able to account for language acquisition alone."

Noem Chomsky1065350001_images(20).jpeg.ce79ab38af1c53ac572a0bf7896f9ec6.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Japanese guy called me English once when I was over there. Unbelievable racism from the lad. This was before Twitter was big though.

It's the language barrier, mate. He ment "c**t" so he was half right......

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely half cast type patter is offensive here because over centuries our society has villified mixed race relationships.

Maybe the Japanese haven't and this means pointing out someones mixed race represents nothing more than that?

Are you kidding me?! Japan was closed to the entire World until 1860. Mixed marriages definitely have a taboo history.

Therefore "hafu" definitely has been used in detrimental terms.......but not in the instances regarding my daughter.

Edited by sjc

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely half cast type patter is offensive here because over centuries our society has villified mixed race relationships.

Maybe the Japanese haven't and this means pointing out someones mixed race represents nothing more than that?

I'm sure if enough Japanese people combine hafu with a pejorative term it would become unacceptable on its own, like "Paki" was probably ok to use here until it got combined with "b*****d" by racists.

Being against racism isn’t weird in civilisation my man.

Indeed, but I’d suggest as opposed to being genuine, you’re just an attention deprived, perma-hurting wee diddy who’s only getting on their high-horse about it for cheap likes off some other perma-hurt dross on P&B.

That's the Chinese these days. Are you suggesting they all look alike?!

Mitsubishi and Sony are definitely Japanese you Japanese hating animal!! [emoji14]

Japanese ladies and Chinese ladies definitely don't look alike. One nation I find generally attractive, the other, not so much. Does that make me racist as well?...

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mitsubishi and Sony are definitely Japanese you Japanese hating animal!! emoji14.png

Japanese ladies and Chinese ladies definitely don't look alike. One nation I find generally attractive, the other, not so much. Does that make me racist as well?...

Indeed it does, bigot. 

Mitsubishi and Sony are definitely Japanese you Japanese hating animal!! [emoji14] 

You're basically Justin Trudeau x3 m8

41 minutes ago, sjc said:

"language is innate, or in other words, we are born with a capacity for language. Language is so complex, with an unlimited combination of sounds, words, and phrases, that environmental learning is not able to account for language acquisition alone."

Noem Chomsky1065350001_images(20).jpeg.ce79ab38af1c53ac572a0bf7896f9ec6.jpeg

That’s a wonderful quote by a highly intelligent man.

However it actually runs counter to the point you’re attempting, and failing, to make.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mitsubishi and Sony are definitely Japanese you Japanese hating animal!! emoji14.png

^^^racist 😉

Just now, Granny Danger said:

That’s a wonderful quote by a highly intelligent man.

However it actually runs counter to the point you’re attempting, and failing, to make.

Combine the two quotes and it's very relevant.

Language is just words without context. Political correctness is a form of limiting the spectrum of language regardless of its context. That's the point I'm making although I thought a smart guy like you would have picked that up.