Match of the Day Thread 16/17

nelsjfc

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Barton thing was hilariously bad - hope Dyche nails him to the wall for that. And regarding Sean Dyche, I thought he was very decent in his post match interview (as he usually is - I don't get all the dislike for him on P&B).

I enjoyed the (short lived) scenes when Oxford scored two in a minute to go back to 2-2.

• 4 weeks later...

Surprised by how many people are saying Huddlestone's red shouldn't have been a red. Marco Silva, Koeman, and one of the match of the day pundits all saying it shouldn't have been a red. Hull City are my English team, but to me that looked a pretty cut and dry red card. I can understand Silva being angry, as it was probably the turning point from being a competitive game and being a walkover, but it looked a clear red to me.

Surprised by how many people are saying Huddlestone's red shouldn't have been a red. Marco Silva, Koeman, and one of the match of the day pundits all saying it shouldn't have been a red. Hull City are my English team, but to me that looked a pretty cut and dry red card. I can understand Silva being angry, as it was probably the turning point from being a competitive game and being a walkover, but it looked a clear red to me.

Not a red for me either.

There's no excessive force, it's not two footed or scissors motion. He doesn't leave the floor.

Is it not just a clumsy, ill-timed tackle? Yellow card.

Funny how they glossed over Wilfred Zaha pretty much punching an opposition player on the back of the head. If that had been a foreign player, Costa for example, they would have talked about it for ages!! The English bias strikes again!! (I'm aware Zaha represents Ivory Coast before someone says it!)

Well now I'm unhappy I'm not watching. What did he say?

Murphy was banging on about how poor Aguero had been this season. Shearer simply said "How many goals has he got? 25." That shut him up completely .

Murphy was banging on about how poor Aguero had been this season. Shearer simply said "How many goals has he got? 25." That shut him up completely .

Being schooled by Alan shearer is surely the dictionary definition of minter.

On 20/03/2017 at 09:48, dogmc said:

Being schooled by Alan shearer is surely the dictionary definition of minter.

you ever noticed a lot of pundits but more often than not shearer say words that mean the same thing in a sentence, h ementioned on saturday about arsenal having "no fight and desire" that's basically the same thing being said twice

1 hour ago, DanMc99 said:

you ever noticed a lot of pundits but more often than not shearer say words that mean the same thing in a sentence, h ementioned on saturday about arsenal having "no fight and desire" that's basically the same thing being said twice

It's because they only speak in football cliches.  Nobody speaks like them in day today conversations, with the possible exception of EPL fanboys who think that the English Premier League is the be all and end all of football, and who's only exposure to it is via MOTD and SSN.

See also: Pundits who use the phrase "ever so well".  No one has ever used that in a normal sentence.  Yes, Neil McCann, I'm looking at you.

Archived