The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

The idea of FFP is to stop clubs being unsustainable as well.  Once the poultry kid fucks off (and we all know he will) EK are gubbed.  Edinburgh have shown the way, Kelty and Cove have stalled and likely the only way for them is down from here.

Some clubs will have more than others, usually through a larger fan base.  It’s far too easy for anyone with a few quid to buy success at this level in Scotland and it makes a mockery of any kind of integrity.

This post sums up the pish that is spouted on this thread to a tee. Opinions with little facts.
Folk are so wrapped up in the mick kennedy show that all other facts go out the window. The bottom line is, the guys that own east kilbride could buy and sell mick kennedy for fun. The club are in no way reliant on any funding from mick. He could go in the morning and someone else would be in his place.

This league(and most leagues) for that matter, have teams who are cash rich. And what???? Get over it. I’d  bet if any of your clubs came into money yous would be loving it. The main problem people seem to have here is michael kennedy. For whatever reason that may be. 
Im still to be fully convinced on him myself. But one thing i am sure of is ek will be there long after he is gone for better or worse.

5 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

Yet another ridiculous signing. If EK dont go up at this stage you've got to question the fairness of next campaign considering the amount theyve spent this year. I doesnt just disadvantage the rest of the LL, their resources far outstrip any HL team and whoever Team 42 turn out to be. For all of MK's chat of sporting integrity recently re: the B teams, it really is shocking how EK have conducted this campaign.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣i for one am shocked🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Has the begging bowl out for a players injury rehab but happy to fling cash at signings. No offence to the posters in here who seem decent but I'd be embarrassed.

This is bang on. The begging bowl out  for a player under contract with a serious injury was shocking. Especially with the money being flung at other players. Didn’t sit well with me at all.

4 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

At this point surely EK, Kennedy & Co have to be brought in to the sportswashing conversation? Are they backed by a murderous dictator?

Holly smokes. I hope this is a wooooosh.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is the issue, as an East Kilbride fan, not that you're going to get absolutely fucked by all this long term when Kennedy inevitably just dumps and runs if/when a desperate side (like Clyde) offer him a job in the hope he takes his money there?

Feels like his previous clubs are just rungs on a ladder to him, and once hes moved on he doesn't bother looking down again to see what mess hes left.

No. Simply no.

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

What a joke outfit, how many players have they used this season? It’s almost as bad for the integrity of the league as b-teams, when you’ve got a club loaning players from 3 tiers above and signing guys at will after every poor result.

I’m sure the SPFL are rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a financially doped basket case, playing out of a 5s cage and with 50 fans joining the ranks.

Yous will be down here soon. Maybe we can discuss it then if we are still here. Will yous have a home by then??? You can share our 5s cage if you want? At a price of course. 

Oh and integrity and clyde dont mix well pal. Just saying.

5 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

No. Simply no.

*shrugs*

We'll see eventually, i guess, but youre acting almost exactly like Kelty Hearts fan were when their spending was questioned. They also claimed the entire backroom structure meant the money would never stop.

Then the entire thing jumped ship to Raith and theyre selling players to you.

The issue is theres f**k all money at the level youre chucking money at reaching. Those putting money into you know fine well it can never be recouped through club achievements so its all about boosting their CV to get involved at a bigger club.

8 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

What a joke outfit, how many players have they used this season? It’s almost as bad for the integrity of the league as b-teams, when you’ve got a club loaning players from 3 tiers above and signing guys at will after every poor result.

I’m sure the SPFL are rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a financially doped basket case, playing out of a 5s cage and with 50 fans joining the ranks.

Aye, stick with Clyde, the established, longstanding basket case.

10 hours ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

What I don’t understand is why so many people are triggered by it?! 

For me it's the Kennedy love in that triggers me. You have his pals in the media and some posters on here making out as if his success hasn't been as a result of the massive financial advantages he has. There was some maniac Darvel supporter on here giving it some "players want to join because of him" pish. If they called it for what it is I wouldn't really care. But to make out the guy is a good manager because of who he is is utterly ridiculous. 

It'll be interesting to see where the LMA Manager goes next if EK are promoted and he can't continually buy players when it's not working. 

6 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

This post sums up the pish that is spouted on this thread to a tee. Opinions with little facts.
Folk are so wrapped up in the mick kennedy show that all other facts go out the window. The bottom line is, the guys that own east kilbride could buy and sell mick kennedy for fun. The club are in no way reliant on any funding from mick. He could go in the morning and someone else would be in his place.

This league(and most leagues) for that matter, have teams who are cash rich. And what???? Get over it. I’d  bet if any of your clubs came into money yous would be loving it. The main problem people seem to have here is michael kennedy. For whatever reason that may be. 
Im still to be fully convinced on him myself. But one thing i am sure of is ek will be there long after he is gone for better or worse.

So the money will last forever then?  The same as it has for every financially doped club there's ever been in the country? 

I'll never understand the ability of money men to convince football fans the good times will go on and on, or the stupidity of the fans that actually believe them.

EK may well exist without financial doping but certainly not at the level you're aspiring to.

30 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So the money will last forever then?  The same as it has for every financially doped club there's ever been in the country? 

I'll never understand the ability of money men to convince football fans the good times will go on and on, or the stupidity of the fans that actually believe them.

EK may well exist without financial doping but certainly not at the level you're aspiring to.

Im not silly enough to think that the money will last for ever. But the guys imvesting in club are there for the long haul. They are trying desperatley to get through the leagues. In the hope it will raise the profile and get fans turning up in numbers to make the club sustainable. 

3 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Im not silly enough to think that the money will last for ever. But the guys imvesting in club are there for the long haul. They are trying desperatley to get through the leagues. In the hope it will raise the profile and get fans turning up in numbers to make the club sustainable

Genius idea.  I'm amazed no other club has ever had that as part of their ambitious plan...

I think every Club would want a sugar daddy but Kean hasn’t plowed so much money before into EK until Kennedy rocked up.

There are two stories going about and everyone has their own opinion.

One is that the long time investor Kean is plowing money in and every time MK comes calling, he gets another wad to buy the next big thing.

Or is it that MK has a wad of cash from unknown sources to finance the purchases.

54 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I think every Club would want a sugar daddy but Kean hasn’t plowed so much money before into EK until Kennedy rocked up.

There are two stories going about and everyone has their own opinion.

One is that the long time investor Kean is plowing money in and every time MK comes calling, he gets another wad to buy the next big thing.

Or is it that MK has a wad of cash from unknown sources to finance the purchases.

Sweetie wife chat thread for this please.

3 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Should they just wrap it up then? Not bother trying? Why are you offended by an other club?

Who's offended?  I don't have a dog in this fight (other than my wider interest in Scottish football) and the actions of the EK money men have no impact on me.

I'm pointing out that you're spouting the party lines that have been trotted out by other clubs before (many times).  Why do you seem to think EK will succeed where others have failed?  What are they doing differently?  From the outside looking in it does seem to be a case of seen this movie before.

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Who's offended?  I don't have a dog in this fight (other than my wider interest in Scottish football) and the actions of the EK money men have no impact on me.

I'm pointing out that you're spouting the party lines that have been trotted out by other clubs before (many times).  Why do you seem to think EK will succeed where others have failed?  What are they doing differently?  From the outside looking in it does seem to be a case of seen this movie before.

At no point have i ever said ek were going to succeed. Never at any point. Probably have always leaned to the pessimistic side over the years after watching them try and fail to get up. But it’s my local team. Who i would like to see doing well. Thats about the size of my take on the situation.

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

The guys at EK could buy and sell Mick but couldn't muster the cash to help Johnny Lyon in his recovery.

Sound like a decent bunch. 

Robertson, Thomson and Daramola are ridiculous signings for a tier 5 club. You know what? Fair play to them. None of us would be crying unfair playing field/money bags etc. if our club were in their position. They are obviously flinging the kitchen sink at going up this year. Time will tell if the scattergun approach of recruitment and outgoings pays any real dividend in the long run. I think it's quite obvious that clubs that chase that 'dream' so intently eventually hit a ceiling where the only way is down. As many have said, that may come slightly quicker once Kennedy is out the picture. I genuinely think them getting up and out of the Lowland as soon as possible is best for everyone at this stage (though MK has previous of bottling a promotion decider as massive favourites...)