The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

29 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

EK celebrating their league win with another signing? Farcical club. The transfer window is going to utterly wreck their season next year if they do manage to go up

Dry yer eyes .

15 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Think it's actually 650k

Surely not.  Me thinks you are being sarcastic. I was thinking more about £400k. A poor league 2 budget is £300k to £400k. Well done anyway.

Edited by PELE

I don’t mind saying well done to East Kilbride, if I won Euromillions next week, I’d chuck money at Cowdenbeath to get out the Lowland League as well, so congrats and enjoy the weekend.

Please do us a favour though and make sure you win the play offs and clear off out of here. 😀

1 hour ago, bigwullieac said:

EK celebrating their league win with another signing? Farcical club. The transfer window is going to utterly wreck their season next year if they do manage to go up

Been done a peach there big wull🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by johnmc80

32 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t mind saying well done to East Kilbride, if I won Euromillions next week, I’d chuck money at Cowdenbeath to get out the Lowland League as well, so congrats and enjoy the weekend.

Please do us a favour though and make sure you win the play offs and clear off out of here. 😀

Thanks fella.  I'm really nervous about the play offs.  I'm not sure we have what it takes mentality wise. 

Today was a real struggle against a well organised Berwick side and our keeper is an absolute rocket 

15 hours ago, PELE said:

Surely not.  Me thinks you are being sarcastic. I was thinking more about £400k. A poor league 2 budget is £300k to £400k. Well done anyway.

£650k is close to what we were told a couple of weeks ago.

Be interesting to see how MK handles this now in his attempt to follow Calum Elliot into the SPFL.

Resting players now that the league is won is tempting but then they have to come back and play in high intensity games and it’s not easy to do that.

What are the thoughts of EK fans if the club fail in the play offs? Would Mick and co. be moved on and someone else given the chance, or would they be trusted with another big wedge by the club’s benefactors to try all over again?

9 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

£650k is close to what we were told a couple of weeks ago.

End of the day every single club without doubt would welcome that sort of investment so no point in being the jealous type just is what it is at every level of football 

Well done East Kilbride 

12 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

End of the day every single club without doubt would welcome that sort of investment so no point in being the jealous type just is what it is at every level of football 

Well done East Kilbride 

All depends if its loans by benefactors who may eventually want it back.

Hi Cowdie, what a talent you have for spinning all things into a negative. What are we thinking about failing in the Playoffs, will we go bust. Sorry to disappoint, totally focused on the positives of at last makingit  to the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

What are the thoughts of EK fans if the club fail in the play offs? Would Mick and co. be moved on and someone else given the chance, or would they be trusted with another big wedge by the club’s benefactors to try all over again?

They have failed in play offs before, as im sure you know. (Still stings)

Ek will go again. Im not sure if mk would be there for a 2nd go at it right enough.

All guess work though and hopefully club can get over the line this time and push on.

My worry is we might still be a bit light this year. Thankfully the pre play off window should allow us to get another couple in before first leg.

Mon the kilby!

7 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

They have failed in play offs before, as im sure you know. (Still stings)

Ek will go again. Im not sure if mk would be there for a 2nd go at it right enough.

All guess work though and hopefully club can get over the line this time and push on.

My worry is we might still be a bit light this year. Thankfully the pre play off window should allow us to get another couple in before first leg.

Mon the kilby!

There is no pre play off window 

Congratulations East Kilbride and to MK, his coaching team and to the players involved.

People can point to the money and the conveyor belt of signings all they want, however the league still actually has to be won.

Good luck in the Play Offs!