The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 17/07/2024 at 20:44, ekok said:

The  SFA accepted the latest audited accounts as meeting the Bronze Licence requirements,  so probably shoosh. 

Accept we are not everyone's favourite other team. We will try to play in a positive,  forward manner, where it gets us time will tell.

There is so much going on within the Club, I am proud to be part of this, even if others see my comments as s####. 

But - the accounts published on Companies House are clearly stated as being unaudited.

So EK have submitted audited accounts to SFA to gain the Bronze licence but chosen not to submit these accounts to Companies House for publication.

What’s the point of that ?

EK guys on here said last season budget was in the same ballpark as it always is, so people can't have it both ways when they assert a cardboard box could win the LL with EK budget when they have failed to win it quite often in recent years prior to Kennedy's arrival.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Kennedy is never out the papers but he never speaks about his businesses or how he made his money. I'm not accusing him of anything on a public board that I have no evidence of but I reckon anyone with a brain can make their own conclusions here. 

Well, I don't read the kind of papers that pay attention to Kennedy, but I read here about his pre-Aberdeen match speech, which was widely considered cringeworthy. That's all I know about him, other than that Talbot fans hate him. Which quite frankly I'm inclined to take as a recommendation. More sensible folk cast aspersions as to his ability to manage without a huge budget, I understand that. 

No loss , absolutely off form at end of season.  Misses  in play offs beyond belief.  This season not at all all at it. Probably our  worse player. Touch poor, passing  % about 10, bullied on Saturday and Tuesday.  Seems a nice lad, wish him well, we need better. 

36 minutes ago, ekok said:

No loss , absolutely off form at end of season.  Misses  in play offs beyond belief.  This season not at all all at it. Probably our  worse player. Touch poor, passing  % about 10, bullied on Saturday and Tuesday.  Seems a nice lad, wish him well, we need better. 

Always thought he was a cracking player, too good for the Lowland really, you guys have probably sucked the joy out of his football.

Players know there deals r never gonnie last 1 bad game and mk panics n sells ye. Would love 2 c how many players he uses over a season. Sponsor a player must take up about 4 pages in the match day programme lol

Mon the papers

9 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Players know there deals r never gonnie last 1 bad game and mk panics n sells ye. Would love 2 c how many players he uses over a season. Sponsor a player must take up about 4 pages in the match day programme lol

Mon the papers

Gretna actually used more players than EK last year according to TransferMarkt. Don't know how accurate it is though but they're normally pretty spot on.

Screenshot_20240720_085115_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, JCScouting said:

Gretna actually used more players than EK last year according to TransferMarkt. Don't know how accurate it is though but they're normally pretty spot on.

Screenshot_20240720_085115_Chrome.jpg

42 players in one season is pretty wild. I get they had their problems on the park but still an incredible amount of players in and out in a year.

Might be over in the cup thread, but how many tickets did Aberdeen get for today's match? Must have been difficult to get one.

On 19/07/2024 at 11:39, Brazilianlex said:

But - the accounts published on Companies House are clearly stated as being unaudited.

So EK have submitted audited accounts to SFA to gain the Bronze licence but chosen not to submit these accounts to Companies House for publication.

What’s the point of that ?

That is the normal approach clubs adopt - they deliver what is required to both parties.  The 2 sets of accounts are based on the same figures so it’s quite simple to do 

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Might be over in the cup thread, but how many tickets did Aberdeen get for today's match? Must have been difficult to get one.

I think there must have been nearly 300 Aberdeen fans there today.

Aberdeen never came out of 2nd gear. Some of their one touch play and control was outstanding.

East Kilbride by comparison were ok for the first 25 mins.

Our goalkeeper is terrible and we're desperately needing a striker.

7 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I know he had injury issues last season but always thought Truesdale was a decent keeper. Why do they keep playing Wilson? 

26 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

I know he had injury issues last season but always thought Truesdale was a decent keeper. Why do they keep playing Wilson? 

I don't think truesdale is fully fit.

Wilson is more suited to 5 a side size goals 

Wilson has obviously signed but as I said previously he never saves anything. Takes to many chances. We need a midfielder that can run Spence and Leitch are decent footballers but no legs  

2 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I think there must have been nearly 300 Aberdeen fans there today.

Aberdeen never came out of 2nd gear. Some of their one touch play and control was outstanding.

East Kilbride by comparison were ok for the first 25 mins.

You've got a decent striker in Samson. .

56 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Wilson has obviously signed but as I said previously he never saves anything. Takes to many chances. We need a midfielder that can run Spence and Leitch are decent footballers but no legs  

Wilson is exactly the replacement we need for Truesdale in goal.The style we play demands that. By definition needs to take chances,  would say he gets that right 95% of time, will do for me.

Yes could have more legs and strength in  midfield,  remember we have been playing superior opposition,  trust will be good enough in Lowland. 

By far, by a million times is we need at least one  more up front through the middle.  We don't hold the ball up,  we don't bring midfield into play, we don't  bother defenders,  we don't create chances and we don't score the goals our general play deserves. 

Surely we can sort this.