La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

Delighted Barca and Real have been pumped out. Get it up them.

I’ll be rooting for the second division side Mirandes who have never made it to a final before. Failing that, I hope one time finalists Granada win the trophy. Two time winners Sociedad haven’t won it since 1987 and Bilbao have a whopping record of 23 wins, second in the rankings overall ahead of Real Madrid. Bilbao haven’t won it since 1984.

Going to be interesting whoever makes the final, I may tune in for once.

Good night for the Basque Region with Bilbao and Sociedad knocking the Catalan Kit Stealers and Franco's XI, respectively, out of the cup.

The Copa del Rey has been much better this year with the removal of tedious two leg matches until the semi-final stage. No doubt the authorities will change it back now seeing as their chosen twosome have failed to win it. 🙄

I've a soft spot for Athletic as their supporters were great when they played Villa in the nineties. Hopefully they avoid bogey side Real Sociedad and win the cup.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Delighted Barca and Real have been pumped out. Get it up them.

I’ll be rooting for the second division side Mirandes who have never made it to a final before. Failing that, I hope one time finalists Granada win the trophy. Two time winners Sociedad haven’t won it since 1987 and Bilbao have a whopping record of 23 wins, second in the rankings overall ahead of Real Madrid. Bilbao haven’t won it since 1984.

Going to be interesting whoever makes the final, I may tune in for once.
Some feat by Mirandes considering their size as they've only had 6 seasons in the 2nd tier all coming in the past 10 years.

The Copa del Rey has been amazing this year. Hope Sociedad win it, they've been fantastic to watch all season long. 

Atletico struggled to a 1-0 win over Granada last night to put them back into 4th. Injuries meant that somehow, they started up front with Vitolo and Correa with Carrasco coming off the bench to play as a lone striker in the last half hour. They badly miss Morata, Felix and Costa for some sort of focal point. 

However, Correa has probably been Atleti's best player this season and got the only goal after some good play from Koke. Koke being fit and well is another boost.

You have to worry what Liverpool are going to do to them in a couple if weeks, especially if Gimenez, Morata and Felix are out. Could get ugly.

20200208_204000.jpg

20200208_203020.jpg

Amazing evening of football. Absolute scenes as Vigo score a beautiful counter attacking injury time winner against Sevilla then five goals and two red cards in the Betis-Barca match.

Yeah absolutely loved my day watching it all with a couple beers. Every game packed with drama

Barcelona to trigger €20m release clause of Leganes striker Martin Braithwaite as emergency February signing, but Leganes will not be able to sign a replacement yet they are fighting for relegation?
This is bullshit

I think it’s one of the most stupid rules I’ve ever seen. A team with them resources should be capable of building a squad to deal with injuries, and if not, tough.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Barcelona to trigger €20m release clause of Leganes striker Martin Braithwaite as emergency February signing, but Leganes will not be able to sign a replacement yet they are fighting for relegation?
This is bullshit

Its a ridiculous rule clearly just to benefit the big two.  And a shite signing, Bartomeu's reign has been an utter shambles.

I'm not sure if the player they sign will be eligible for the CL maybe someone can confrim

Its a ridiculous rule clearly just to benefit the big two.  And a shite signing, Bartomeu's reign has been an utter shambles.
I'm not sure if the player they sign will be eligible for the CL maybe someone can confrim

Heard on a podcast today that he can only be signed from a spanish club and can only play in spanish competitions

On 17/02/2020 at 23:04, G_Man1985 said:

This is bullshit

That's it confirmed. We moan about Scottish football being corrupt, but Spain is another level entirely.

Barcelona are a complete mess, their signing policy is utterly abysmal. 

Its not just available to the big clubs (and Alvero Romero on the Totally Football Show podcast was saying it has been used in the past) but it seems a total cop out. Whatever happened to the fabled B team? Surely if a club has an emergency and needs a player they should have to go to their B team first, if they have one.

17 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

It's just bullshit. Fucks the point when the big teams can do f**k they want

Yup, inevitably itll screw someone further down the ladder regardless of who uses it. Seems totally unfair Leganes now cant sign someone.

14 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Its not just available to the big clubs (and Alvero Romero on the Totally Football Show podcast was saying it has been used in the past) but it seems a total cop out. Whatever happened to the fabled B team? Surely if a club has an emergency and needs a player they should have to go to their B team first, if they have one.

They have International forwards in their B team. Hiroki Abe plays for Japan, and Rey Manaj has Albania caps, and has already played senior games for Inter Milan.

It's not as if they couldnt sign anyone in the window aswell. Suarez's injury was announced on Jan 12th, and Dembele hasnt played due to injuries since November, why theyve suddenly decided its some emergency situation that's snuck up on them, and the authorities have agreed, is just baffling.