Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:
1 hour ago, GordonD said:
Particularly by thick Hibbies who can't tell the difference between Hearts and Meadowbank supporters. Or were your eyes still watering?

Fair enough, never seen who you supported on the app.

Okay, never seen the layout other than on a laptop so didn't realise my team didn't show up.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Particularly by thick Hibbies who can't tell the difference between Hearts and Meadowbank supporters. Or were your eyes still watering?

Gordon, dontcha know they're all hard men ? Austinho's avatar, Lebowski's bravado etc.  The rest of the tag team like to indulge in a bit of nudge-nudge, wink-wink I used to hang out with the casuals bollocks.

Gordon, dontcha know they're all hard men ? Austinho's avatar, Lebowski's bravado etc.  The rest of the tag team like to indulge in a bit of nudge-nudge, wink-wink I used to hang out with the casuals bollocks.
"Wibble" would have been more concise and got your message over the exact same.

33 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Leave me out of this please. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

4 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Never been involved with the casuals at all other than a few beers with them on occasion. Have ended up skelping some jambos who've attacked me on a couple of occasions though.

How about you, been battered off Hibbies a few times aye?

Fwiw I was in the terracing the day of that game, if anyone had sung that song to me I'd have knocked them out. Legitimately terrifying. A year before Hillsborough and a stupidly big crowd. I was pinned to the end of a crush barrier for a few seconds and only was able to move after some boy braced himself away from it to let me get off it. Mate I was with broke his ankle after tripping in the crush to get out and being trampled.

Get off this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:50, ah-dee said:
On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:47, Flybhoy said:
The main stand at St Mirren's Love Street sometime in the 1990's 
FB_IMG_1535190985739.thumb.jpg.af78f31ab7c29d4f20061dbbc68ff1df.jpg

i used to love a day out at the old love street. a proper stadium with a proper atmosphere unlike St Mirren park

Likewise, was a much better away day.

Especially when the away fans got half the North Bank.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:47, Flybhoy said:

The main stand at St Mirren's Love Street sometime in the 1990's 

FB_IMG_1535190985739.jpg

On my only visit to Love Street watching Meadowbank me and another fan stood in the paddock to the right of the stand. Cue wee neds saying "Yer getting murdered" and coins and stones being thrown from the home terrace which went over the head of an oblivious polis standing by the corner flag. One coin hit the other fan on the napper (I had to supress a chuckle as I didn't really like him. It wasn't GordonD- he usually got hit on the head with coins when he dropped them).

Meadowbank won though.

28db02e31e14858eff04b71b3c93e225.jpg

942a92_c7e86f0af9ac48d7996cd7638e7e553d~mv2.jpg

methode-times-prod-web-bin-06fc0f9a-c703-11e6-89fb-efb68b0c62ff.jpg

The Main Stand entrance at Easter Road before and after. A stand that no doubt boasts one of the most incredible stories in sporting history.

When renovation works were being carried out at Hibernian's Easter Road Stadium in the 1950s, a harp crest symbolising the club's Irish roots on display at the stadium was removed and subsequently did not reappear when work had finished. It is alleged an Irish gypsy woman therefore placed a curse upon the club until the harp returned. Hibs went on to endure one of sports longest hoodoos - losing 10 Scottish Cup Finals over a period of 114 years.

During the 2015-16 season, Hibs' modern day badge (which includes the harp) was placed upon the facade of the main stand (pictured). Incredibly, Hibs went on to end their Scottish Cup drought at the first time of asking, only eight months after the harp had been reinstated back onto the walls of Easter Road.

Edited by Austinho

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:08, Pet Jeden said:

Don't make them angry, we'll all suffer.

Sob 

58 minutes ago, Austinho said:

The Main Stand entrance at Easter Road before and after. A stand that no doubt boasts one of the most incredible stories in sporting history.

When renovation works were being carried out at Hibernian's Easter Road Stadium in the 1950s, a harp crest symbolising the club's Irish roots on display at the stadium was removed and subsequently did not reappear when work had finished. It is alleged an Irish gypsy woman therefore placed a curse upon the club until the harp returned. Hibs went on to endure one of sports longest hoodoos - losing 10 Scottish Cup Finals over a period of 114 years.

During the 2015-16 season, Hibs' modern day badge (which includes the harp) was placed upon the facade of the main stand (pictured). Incredibly, Hibs went on to end their Scottish Cup drought at the first time of asking, only eight months after the harp had been reinstated back onto the walls of Easter Road.

So what was the excuse for no cup wins between 1902 and 1950-whatever when the harp was still there?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Pittodrie in the 1920's 

FB_IMG_1539017181532.jpg

Brilliant photo! Thanks for that. (I’m not one of those who says that you only post Celtic related stuff, although I suppose it could be Celtic on the pitch with AFC)

On 28/08/2018 at 13:00, tamthebam said:

On my only visit to Love Street watching Meadowbank me and another fan stood in the paddock to the right of the stand. Cue wee neds saying "Yer getting murdered" and coins and stones being thrown from the home terrace which went over the head of an oblivious polis standing by the corner flag. One coin hit the other fan on the napper (I had to supress a chuckle as I didn't really like him. It wasn't GordonD- he usually got hit on the head with coins when he dropped them).

Meadowbank won though.

Did the Ferranti/Meadowbank fans keep following on to Livingston?

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Pittodrie in the 1920's 

FB_IMG_1539017181532.jpg

Happily say the Beach End pre dodgy wooden benches and segregation was on par with the various Kop’s south of the border for atmosphere. Blackpool came close on a holiday weekend.