Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd like to throw in my usual point that I can't believe so many folk (idiots) have been taken in by the 'safe standing' con and indeed continue to be so.

I wouldn't say rail seating is a con, pretty much just a modern version of what almost used to be that leaves enough control with the police and clubs that they can ignore the health and safety angle they used for long enough as a justification for making everything all fucking seater.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The last picture doesn't look genuine.. it's more like a still from an old movie showing a football crowd!

I felt the same about the earlier one with the hooray henry in his plastic mac. They look too good quality for the time and in comparison to others.

4 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

It’s is and here’s the film of the game....

That is magnificent! The quality of the film from 1955 is superb, unlike the pitch which looks like a nightmare to try to play football on. Does anyone know if there is somewhere that you can find other Pathe News matches from that period?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That is magnificent! The quality of the film from 1955 is superb, unlike the pitch which looks like a nightmare to try to play football on. Does anyone know if there is somewhere that you can find other Pathe News matches from that period?

You Tube - search Pathe News S ottish Football.

Emerge about 3 days later..
Screenshot_20181016-174138.jpg

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That East Terracing at Easter Road was fucking huge.

When was it downsized?

Not sure, probably sometime in the 90s.

I remember going to Easter Road in 1982 and they never opened the away end for us, so we had to walk away round the back of that terracing, then come down it to get behind the goals.   We actually ended up in the small enclosure in from of the main stand.  There were only about 50-60 Killie fans there that day as we were  garbage that season and got relegated.

Big D equalised for us about 8 minutes from time, after which a good number of the Hibs "fans"ran round the back of the benches behind the goals and the main stand to "meet" the Killie fans.  Lovely!!

1 hour ago, Ken Fitlike said:

You Tube - search Pathe News S ottish Football.

Emerge about 3 days later..
Screenshot_20181016-174138.jpg

I’ve just watched the Hearts v Celtic Cup Final from 1956. I noticed that a huge amount of fans behind the goal at the East End of the ground celebrated when a Hearts scored their first goal. This led me to wondering when that end of the ground became the exclusive domain of the Celtic support. Does anyone know? Flybhoy?

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just watched the Hearts v Celtic Cup Final from 1956. I noticed that a huge amount of fans behind the goal at the East End of the ground celebrated when a Hearts scored their first goal. This led me to wondering when that end of the ground became the exclusive domain of the Celtic support. Does anyone know? Flybhoy?

Earliest mention is the 1920s at a cup game v Rangers.  More of an ask by the cops than a rule going by what was written in the newspapers of the time.