Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Once you go down the leagues, there are quite a number of old style grounds about. Ayr is one that, apart from the segregation fence, doesn’t appear to have changed at all since my first visit in 1970.

Absolutely true.

Apart from the ones who have moved, many haven't changed a great deal.  Some like Stranraer or Brechin or even Queens, have a new structure somewhere.  Plenty don't even have that though.

We bizarrely enough, now boast the biggest covered terracing in the country. 

53 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Absolutely true.

Apart from the ones who have moved, many haven't changed a great deal.  Some like Stranraer or Brechin or even Queens, have a new structure somewhere.  Plenty don't even have that though.

We bizarrely enough, now boast the biggest covered terracing in the country. 

In our defence we did extend the stand in the early nineties and added the hospitality boxes about a decade later. The click of the old turnstiles is still the same though, marvellous!

Edited by paulbrucerick

8 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

In our defence we did extend the stand in the early nineties and added the hospitality boxes about a decade later. The click of the old turnstiles is still the same though, marvellous!

I wasn’t saying it’s a bad thing that your ground has barely changed in 48 years.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I wasn’t saying it’s a bad thing that your ground has barely changed in 48 years.

Yeah, I know mate. Somerset is an easy target, sometimes deservedly so. When there is a decent crowd in it though, it's hard to beat. For me anyway!

6 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Yeah, I know mate. Somerset is an easy target, sometimes deservedly so. When there is a decent crowd in it though, it's hard to beat. For me anyway!

Are all four sides at Somerset always open?

I love Palmerston dearly.  I get the logic of why it makes little economic sense for us to open the Terregles Street terracing unless we're expecting a big visiting support.  I do think however that the ground loses a Hell of a lot by usually being three sided.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Are all four sides at Somerset always open?

I love Palmerston dearly.  I get the logic of why it makes little economic sense for us to open the Terregles Street terracing unless we're expecting a big visiting support.  I do think however that the ground loses a Hell of a lot by usually being three sided.

They will be this season I would imagine. Last season away fans were put in the stand/enclosure due to low numbers just like the Terregles Street situation.

All away fans so far this season have had the Railway End.

Edited by paulbrucerick

42 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic still dish out a few free ST's to parishes for various priests etc to use.

I thought they had stopped that backward bullshit years ago.  

Perhaps an all inclusive club like Celtic now ensure that free ST get sent to all local religious groups.

On 19/10/2018 at 21:40, Radford said:

That image from South Inch Terrace is incredible. Would definitely like to see the club/council do something to try and preserve it.

You're probably safer not pointing it out to them tbh

12 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I thought they had stopped that backward bullshit years ago.  

Perhaps an all inclusive club like Celtic now ensure that free ST get sent to all local religious groups.

image.jpeg.894f0bde456d9f67b993db9597b545d3.jpeg

No Pyro, No Pagans, No Party

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)