Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The superstructure is gone now sadly as can be seen in this youtube club from a French dude who decided to get in amongst the Grants and Sneddons during the cup tie against Arbroath:

Yeah, I've got my own photos of it, in fact I was at the Arbroath game. That's bizarre though. Surely it's not that different from other countries that he does a David Attenborough on us :lol:

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Filming a lad peeing behind the enclosure! emoji23.png

Assuming Rangers must've been at home that day or he'd also have managed to get one of the home fans flinging some shite around.

I'm wrong, but you agree with me???

zpjhojL.gif

If you read my posts properly you would read that I have no issue with pillars, its with that Main Stand wall that blocks the view of the far side of the pitch. Stop fixating on the pillars please, you'll get no sympathy. And that isn't a pillar in the stand at Ibroke its a large no smoking sign, they need telt and reminded. You can get a small view of the away section opposite in that photo, looks like the only thing that could be blocking a view of the pitch is the line of stewards making sure the hundred or so away fans behave with 40k or so Rangers fans on all sides of them. There has been one football ground where the bloody stewards get in the way of your view of the pitch, can you guess where?

Yes you're wrong to suggest our fans don't have to experience the view. Also I did read your post correctly but if you read mine correctly, I made it clear I wasn't confining this argument to just the away section or what actually causes the restricted view. A restricted view is a restricted view.

Daviebhoys utter refusal to accept the blatant fucking fact that the away fans at Celtic Park have an utterly brutal view is infuriating. Stop trying to argue with folk who actually have to suffer the fucking thing.

More lies. Read back & you'll see that I recognise there are some poor restricted view seats & empathise with anyone who gets one of those seats but cut the crap that every seat in the away section is a poor one. It quite clearly isn't the case.

Agreed that it seems they do it out of spite, but bizarrely, on our last two visits they've moved us along. I know it was especially small crowds on both days, but there must've been other games with similar crowds that I can't remember seeing away fans moved for their benefit.

League Cup Celtic.jpe

Scottish Cup Celtic.jpg

It's not out of spite. That section is where our family section is & there are things set up for the kids down below there. Obviously the season tickets for that section aren't valid for cup games so it's easier to relocate them for one game but trust me, we don't usually get the same number of away fans that you see in that picture, so not worth the while.

31 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Yes you're wrong to suggest our fans don't have to experience the view. Also I did read your post correctly but if you read mine correctly, I made it clear I wasn't confining this argument to just the away section or what actually causes the restricted view. A restricted view is a restricted view.

So yet again I'm wrong but you still agree with me. When will this end? :lol:

What is the point in your argument and protests towards fans of other clubs having to put up with the shite view from the away end at Celtic Park? Looks to me like you're picking an argument for arguments sake. Can you see why the crap view from the away end puts of supporters from other clubs coming to your ground. I have in the past seen more Aberdeen and more Dundee Utd fans in the way end at Inverness than at Celtic Park for a league game, that says a lot.

So yet again I'm wrong but you still agree with me. When will this end? :lol:

No, I agreed partly with one of your points but disagreed with your claim that our own fans don't experience it which is not true. Which part of that is it you're struggling with?

What is the point in your argument and protests towards fans of other clubs having to put up with the shite view from the away end at Celtic Park? Looks to me like you're picking an argument for arguments sake. Can you see why the crap view from the away end puts of supporters from other clubs coming to your ground. I have in the past seen more Aberdeen and more Dundee Utd fans in the way end at Inverness than at Celtic Park for a league game, that says a lot.

The only protest is the hypocrisy of the fans who quite happily sit in restricted views in their own ground for 19 games a season but who spend all season whinging on here about the restricted view at Celtic Park. It's highly hypocritical.

I do understand why some fans choose not to go but the simple solution is to buy the tickets that don't offer a restricted view. There are plenty of them.

This has been a pretty good thread but the arguing back and forth about wither or not the away end at Celtic Park is awful is getting boring. I don’t think it can be argued that it’s not a great view from that area of the ground but the ground is pretty much identical in the South West corner, I’ve sat there for a couple of European games with a mate, the view wasn’t great either so home fans do experience it. Also why do fans take other fans complaining about the view/price of tickets so personally? The board/higher ups decide these things, not the fans. I’m not sure but I think Dunfermline are charging away fans for “big’ games more this season, I agree this is shite but it’s not like I can change it so why defend it so vigorously.

Back to the point of the thread, not necessarily a  quirk as such, but how many grounds in Scotland back onto or are very close to cemeteries? Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few

2 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

No, I agreed partly with one of your points but disagreed with your claim that our own fans don't experience it which is not true. Which part of that is it you're struggling with?

The only protest is the hypocrisy of the fans who quite happily sit in restricted views in their own ground for 19 games a season but who spend all season whinging on here about the restricted view at Celtic Park. It's highly hypocritical.

I do understand why some fans choose not to go but the simple solution is to buy the tickets that don't offer a restricted view. There are plenty of them.

You are determined to derail this thread aren't you?

Are you talking about a handful of Celtic fans or every Celtic supporter has sat in that away section? So if a few Celtic fans including yourself have restricted viewing then you should be sympathetic to away fans that come to Celtic Park and can't see the whole pitch, but then also you had the choice to move seats. We are held in a small narrow area and we can't all sit in the same seat. I'm struggling to see why you are going on and on about this.

Which grounds in the Premiership are you talking about and who are you talking about?. And how do you know which fans sit in stands with what you regard as restrictive viewing who also visit Celtic Park and then complain about it? You can't mean Random Guy and myself, surely not??

2 minutes ago, Torpar said:

This has been a pretty good thread but the arguing back and forth about wither or not the away end at Celtic Park is awful is getting boring. I don’t think it can be argued that it’s not a great view from that area of the ground but the ground is pretty much identical in the South West corner, I’ve sat there for a couple of European games with a mate, the view wasn’t great either so home fans do experience it. Also why do fans take other fans complaining about the view/price of tickets so personally? The board/higher ups decide these things, not the fans. I’m not sure but I think Dunfermline are charging away fans for “big’ games more this season, I agree this is shite but it’s not like I can change it so why defend it so vigorously.

Back to the point of the thread, not necessarily a  quirk as such, but how many grounds in Scotland back onto or are very close to cemeteries? Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few

This is a shoe in for an Ibrox joke.

15 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Apart from the obvious Celtic and Brechin, I have Wick Academy