Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Romeo said:

What?

Who has cold toast for lunch?

Ruggy.  It's disgusting.  Now that it's been brought to the attention of this thread, I fully expect the crowd at Parkhead tomorrow to put aside almost a century and a half of rivalry and make their feelings on this issue known.

#saynotocoldtoast #handsacrossthecity

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Me. What about it? And it wasn't cold toast, it was a sandwich made with toast.

You absolute abomination. Worse than Hitler type behaviour.

eta A sandwich made with toast (should be hot) is a fucking TOASTIE..

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

Ruggy.  It's disgusting.  Now that it's been brought to the attention of this thread, I fully expect the crowd at Parkhead tomorrow to put aside almost a century and a half of rivalry and make their feelings on this issue known.

#saynotocoldtoast #handsacrossthecity

I'm warning you.

40 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I would not give them £50 of my hard earned money. I would rather have a nice weekend away with my family on Gigha. I am sure you will be able to keep me up to date with how the game is going

So you bought a ticket, gave Celtic your "hard earned money", now you're claiming you wouldn't give Celtic your "hard earned money". :blink:

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No it fucking isn't. Anything Un-brevilled is not a toastie. Ffs

Shut up.....this place is going downhill. I put it to you that anything that consists of 2 slices of HOT toast with a filling, (other than a spread) is a toastie.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Shut up.....this place is going downhill. I put it to you that anything that consists of 2 slices of HOT toast with a filling, (other than a spread) is a toastie.

Don't make me come over there.......

A toasted sandwich is what you are describing. If it doesn't use a toastie machine, it aint a toastie.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

Don't make me come over there.......

A toasted sandwich is what you are describing. If it doesn't use a toastie machine, it aint a toastie.

So if you make toast under a grill, it's not toast? It's grilled bread?

You don't know what you are talking about.

I am interested in this game. I'm going to the game prior to the Thistle game, in the Celtic end (main stand). What's the script for getting there, best way to get there from Exhibition Centre station and best way to get to Firhill afterwards? 

Asking a civil question in this thread could be an error. 

Exhibition centre to Dalmarnock but you'd be coming in through with the Rangers as their buses park round that way. Could get off at Bridgeton too.

Going back to Firhill you can get a 61 bus on the Gallowgate that goes straight up Maryhill Rd, but the bus will have to get through the traffic & then through the city centre so don't expect it to be quick or get you there on time. Might be worthwhile looking at the times for a train to Partick from either the two stations I mentioned then going down stairs to get the subway up to Kelvinbridge.

Just now, Romeo said:

So if you make toast under a grill, it's not toast? It's grilled bread?

You don't know what you are talking about.

No of course toast is toast, whether you toast it using a grill, a toaster or the heat radiating off your red neck.  

A sandwich using toast is a sandwich using toast. A toasted sandwich is a sandwich prepared using ordinary bread, which is then grilled, with the filling inside. A toastie, is a sandwich, with the outsides buttered, filled (purists: just cheddar, gluttons: ham and cheese, epicures: ham cheese and pickle) , then placed in a toastie machine. If it isn't heated, compressed into little triangles and with those lovely fatty crispy bits at the edges then it is Not. A. Fucking. Toastie.

If celtic fans are unable to grasp the simple nomenclature to differentiate between alternative preparations of bread + filling +/- heating, than one can hardly surprised at their shambolic and clumsy intervention in the Middle East peace process.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

mple nomenclature to differentiate between alternative preparations of bread + filling +/- heating, than one can hardly surprised at their shambolic and clumsy intervention in the Middle East peace process.

Listen you...

I often stick 2 slices of bread, with cheese (occasionally ham if it's giro week) in my toaster, and toast it, so it's a fucking toastie....whether or not the edges are crimped is besides the fucking point.

So stfu

14 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

If Griffiths is out for the game on Saturday, I'm not sure whether we should go with Dembele up front or stick Sinclair through the middle with Forrest and Roberts out wide.  

If Griff is injured Dembele will play. Sinclair will play, I just hope he plays Roberts instead of Forrest :unsure:

Archived