Paige Docherty Murder trial

peasy23

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14723285.Paige_Doherty__John_Leathem_pleads_guilty_to_murdering_tragic_schoolgirl_Paige/

John Leathem pleads guilty to her murder, which on the one hand spares her family the anguish of having to sit through a possibly lengthy trial, but on the other hand denies them any answers as to what the scumbags motive was.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37275524

Extremely disturbing case.  It's telling that the QC representing Leathem stated " I don't know if it is true or not, but I am only taking the instructions of the accused for what took place ".  I don't think you stab someone 60+ times without there being more to it than a throwaway comment.  The fact that someone who, as far as we can see, had no previous criminal history, could commit such a horrific murder, attempt to cover it and go about his life, with his family and business, is pretty chilling.

Extremely disturbing case.  It's telling that the QC representing Leathem stated " I don't know if it is true or not, but I am only taking the instructions of the accused for what took place ".  I don't think you stab someone 60+ times without there being more to it than a throwaway comment.  The fact that someone who, as far as we can see, had no previous criminal history, could commit such a horrific murder, attempt to cover it and go about his life, with his family and business, is pretty chilling.

Is there any reason you weren't the OP for this murder related scoop? Standards are slipping.

Re the story, there's obviously more to this. What sort of person stabs someone 61 times? Even if the person was making bogus claims about sexual assault, that's fairly extreme. Obviously people can snap, but snapping over an interview gone wrong seems extreme. I suppose nobody wants to be seen as a nonce as mud sticks. Unless he did try it on with her.

I notice the killer was the same age as the victims mother. Wonder if he knew her.

If someone threatens to accuse you of 'fiddling' I think it makes perfect sense to just kill them (by repeatedly stabbing them in the head no less) because that's clearly not as bad as being accused of rape. 

Poor lassie, disturbing to think how many of these closet nutters we have in our communities.

I can't believe he managed to wrap her body up and put her in the boot of his car with her white socked foot hanging out for all to see in broad daylight and didn't get caught.

Its very chilling that he just carried on his life and went on a day out with his family after doing this as well, obviously ones brain cuts off all human feelings at a time like this as a defence mechanism.

38 minutes ago, throbber said:

I can't believe he managed to wrap her body up and put her in the boot of his car with her white socked foot hanging out for all to see in broad daylight and didn't get caught.

Its very chilling that he just carried on his life and went on a day out with his family after doing this as well, obviously ones brain cuts off all human feelings at a time like this as a defence mechanism.

I was thinking the same, its 8 in the morning, clear day and you can see people in the street. baffling

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Fucking hell, that's brutal. No wonder her parents are struggling.

I can't see that boy surviving his prison sentence. Hopefully his fellow inmates get a hold of him before he tops himself.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Did someone not post on a thread somewhere saying the rumour about the town was that they were involved? Pretty sure this was before he was even officially charged.

A real shame for the family, and he'll rightly get a life sentence.

A mate of mine's relative - niece IIRC - knew her, and according to him there's quite a lot that hasn't come out so far.

Given the guilty plea, it might not now which is probably for the best all round.

20 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

A mate of mine's relative - niece IIRC - knew her, and according to him there's quite a lot that hasn't come out so far.

Given the guilty plea, it might not now which is probably for the best all round.

Well, it's a good thing you're here to publicly post insinuations of rumours based upon such a concrete source as a mate's niece IIRC. 

It takes a certain kind of psycho imo to murder a young girl, hide the body and clean up the crime scene, then go back to serving filled rolls for the rest of the day.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Well, it's a good thing you're here to publicly post insinuations of rumours based upon such a concrete source as a mate's niece IIRC. 

Well said, fortunately he never posted that the good folks of Clydebank and dalmuir have been saying that the beast had been pumping the young girl for a while before he killed her. Scurrilous rumours imo.

Archived