Paige Docherty Murder trial

peasy23

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

It's just so puzzling, no-one really knows what happened.  It's clear his explanation is a pack of lies.

Usually when you get horrific murders like this the perpetrator has a history of criminality or at least some hint of deviance.  There doesn't seem to be any in this case.

Judge's sentencing remarks

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/8/1669/HMA--V--JOHN-LEATHAM

The comments mention that he claimed to have panicked when the victim said she would say he had touched her because his twin brother had been accused of being a sex offender.  The Crown didn't accept this though.

It's just so puzzling, no-one really knows what happened.  It's clear his explanation is a pack of lies.

Usually when you get horrific murders like this the perpetrator has a history of criminality or at least some hint of deviance.  There doesn't seem to be any in this case.

Aye the explanation of it just makes no sense.

Folk saying it's strange how he opened the shop up again after murdering her, I don't think it is. If you'd murdered someone and didn't want to bring any attention to yourself then going about your day as normal is exactly what to do. He might have gone the extra mile and got rid of the CCTV in his shop rather than leaving hard evidence for the police to scoop up once they inevitably realise the lassie has entered his shop or dropped het body somewhere a bit less out in the open than beside the main road into Glasgow, but the decision to act as if nothing has happened seems fairly normal to me.

Taken from the BBC story...

Paige Doherty's mother Pamela posted in the "Pout for Paige" Facebook group on Tuesday night.

Pout for Paige? Was that really the best name they could think of for the Facebook group? If I ever get murdered, I hope someone sets up a Retch for Richielieu page. 

The thing that really freaks me out is just how kind of low effort his attempt to cover up the crime was, he only took the body a handful of miles away, he didn't destroy the cctv tape that was in his shop, I don't get it. If he really wanted to get away with it he would have destroyed the tapes and dumped the body a considerable distance away. Either he realised he was going to the prime suspect and thought putting in real effort to hide the body was futile or he was insane enough to pretend no one was going to notice the crime had ever happened.

The motives for her murder will be known to family and police im sure. For her to be subject to such a vicious and sustained attack would clearly indicate the relationship between victim and murderer was a bit deeper than ever will be made public.

The job interview gone wrong story is obviously a red herring. 

1 hour ago, paddymcp said:

The motives for her murder will be known to family and police im sure. For her to be subject to such a vicious and sustained attack would clearly indicate the relationship between victim and murderer was a bit deeper than ever will be made public.

The job interview gone wrong story is obviously a red herring. 

Not ruling it out or anything, but I'm pretty sure in the past people have brutally murdered people to whom they were hitherto strangers. Alexander Pacteau being a recent Scottish example.

A terrible case really. No point delving into the rumours that were circulating shortly after Leatham was arrested, it's hardly going to make any difference now.

I just cannot understand how a seemingly normal bloke could act in such a callous manner. I know that many of us see red when something goes wrong in life, but to act in such a reprehensible way, taking the life of a young girl, is just unbelievable really.

Archived