Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

And lending her support to keep Alistair Campbell high up in People's Vote dooms it to failure.

I think this is where the Remain campaign comes unstuck.

Nigel Farage had no problem campaigning with George Galloway or anyone else who wanted to leave the EU, even if he had no common ground with them on anything else.

By comparison if Tony Blair, Alistair Campbell, John Major, Change UK or even the Liberal Democrats say anything sensible about the EU, there is an immediate shaking of fists and screams of "but I disagree with you on other things".

I think we should remain in the EU.  I am sure there are lots of odious people who also think we should stay in - maybe for completely different reasons.  I don't care.

It is ridiculous to narrow your campaign to only people who agree with you on everything.

50 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I think this is where the Remain campaign comes unstuck.

Nigel Farage had no problem campaigning with George Galloway or anyone else who wanted to leave the EU, even if he had no common ground with them on anything else.

By comparison if Tony Blair, Alistair Campbell, John Major, Change UK or even the Liberal Democrats say anything sensible about the EU, there is an immediate shaking of fists and screams of "but I disagree with you on other things".

I think we should remain in the EU.  I am sure there are lots of odious people who also think we should stay in - maybe for completely different reasons.  I don't care.

It is ridiculous to narrow your campaign to only people who agree with you on everything.

Sure, but having Blair, Mandelson and Campbell behind the campaign, and even calling it The People's Vote ffs, was an almighty strategic error. Quite a few voted Leave just because they wanted to take the smug smiles off Cameron and Osborne. People like that aren't going to listen to the message, it's just the way it is. I would vote remain if the campaign was run by Peter Sutcliffe and Katie Hopkins, most people aren't like that.

Edited by welshbairn

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sure, but having Blair, Mandelson and Campbell behind the campaign, and even calling it The People's Vote ffs, was an almighty strategic error. Quite a few voted Leave just because they wanted to take the smug smiles off Cameron and Osborne. People like that aren't going to listen to the message, it's just the way it is. I would vote remain if the campaign was run by Peter Sutcliffe and Katie Hopkins, most people aren't like that.

FTFY

11 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Scotland's "Liberal Democrats".

trtr.png

Maybe if we rename indyref2 a “people’s vote” they’ll support it. They appear to think that renaming second referendums will somehow trick the thick proles into thinking they’re not second referendums.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

Maybe if we rename indyref2 a “people’s vote” they’ll support it. They appear to think that renaming second referendums will somehow trick the thick proles into thinking they’re not second referendums.

Or we could rebrand indyref2 "the eurounification vote" That could get the fibbing shape shifters on board.

Probably not. Them and liebour will continue to be the enablers of all this Britannic proto fascist madness on Scotland.

And they continue to wonder what went wrong with their Scottish shoe in votes......

Or we could rebrand indyref2 "the eurounification vote" That could get the fibbing shape shifters on board.
Probably not. Them and liebour will continue to be the enablers of all this Britannic proto fascist madness on Scotland.
And they continue to wonder what went wrong with their Scottish shoe in votes......

Or we could make the question,
‘Do you wish to be part of a political union where Scotland is an equal and respected party regardless of population/economy of said unions other partners?’
Then following a yes vote we see which union that’ll be....

Another 4,500 jobs going from the high street.

But don't worry, everything in the economy is GREAT and there's nothing to see here......................................

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Another 4,500 jobs going from the high street.

But don't worry, everything in the economy is GREAT and there's nothing to see here......................................

Dosen't appear to have much to do with economy.

14 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Dosen't appear to have much to do with economy.

It has everything to do with the economy. If we have yet another 4,500 people on the buroo then that's another 4,500 who can't pay bills or have the disposable income that they had previously.

We're also going through a period where short termism is driving culture change where split shifts, zero hours and lower wages are becoming the norm in our society to the detriment of the employee. We also have much of our business in the hands of private equity and hedgefunds which is horrendous in terms of expansion and longevity as the majority are just asset stripping for quick profit.

Make no mistake, we're heading for a major recession and with it mass unemployment and frankly I can't see any way out of this one.

Is this Brexit related ? not entirely, however the uncertainty doesn't help and it will only exacerbate the situation and make us even more vulnerable than we would have been as part of the EU trading bloc.

We're Doomed I tell you..................

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It has everything to do with the economy. If we have yet another 4,500 people on the buroo then that's another 4,500 who can't pay bills or have the disposable income that they had previously.

We're also going through a period where short termism is driving culture change where split shifts, zero hours and lower wages are becoming the norm in our society to the detriment of the employee. We also have much of our business in the hands of private equity and hedgefunds which is horrendous in terms of expansion and longevity as the majority are just asset stripping for quick profit.

Make no mistake, we're heading for a major recession and with it mass unemployment and frankly I can't see any way out of this one.

Is this Brexit related ? not entirely, however the uncertainty doesn't help and it will only exacerbate the situation and make us even more vulnerable than we would have been as part of the EU trading bloc.

We're Doomed I tell you..................

It affects the economy but it's not due to the economy or Brexit, IMO companies should be taking action like this when their customers behaviour changes, better to have X minus 4500 jobs than no jobs, as for Brexit, it'll be what it'll be.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It affects the economy but it's not due to the economy or Brexit, IMO companies should be taking action like this when their customers behaviour changes, better to have X minus 4500 jobs than no jobs, as for Brexit, it'll be what it'll be.

Big business is responsible for driving customer change and they don't do it for anyone other than themselves.

High street Banks being another example of screwing the customer by closing branches and having their most vulnerable customers having to travel ridiculous distances to access a branch or speak to a member of staff.

I suppose in many ways it's similar to our new ticketing operation at Somerset, ok it may suit some of us better who don't carry cash, however for the older supporter and those who aren't as tech savvy it's a step backwards and definitely more inconvenient by not having a cash turnstile.

All these things may not be cost effective, however neither is people living on islands or in rural areas of the country but there's times when you need to subsidise loss making enterprises for the greater good and sadly this generation seem to have completely lost sight of all of that...........

Guest Bob Mahelp

It increasingly seems that the UK's future....whatever it may be....is in the hands of the un-elected Dominic Cummings.

He's certainly the new champion of the right-wing newspapers. 

Always interesting to have a look back at what these c***s said then and what they're saying now. The UK is leaving Europe and is determined to pursue an aggressive policy on immigration. But the UK will never implement a hard border in Ireland - creating a potential landing place. 

But back in 2014 ...

Screenshot_2019-08-06-09-48-47.png

Screenshot_2019-08-06-09-47-42.png

Edited by HTG

At last, some sense is spoken by the former US Treasury Secretary, Larry Summers,

Even if the two countries could come to an agreement, Mr Summers said the UK is in a weak negotiating position.

"Britain has much less to give than Europe as a whole did, therefore less reason for the United States to make concessions.

"You make more concessions dealing with a wealthy man than you do dealing with a poor man."

"Britain has no leverage, Britain is desperate, Britain has nothing else, it needs an agreement very soon.

"When you have a desperate partner, that's when you strike the hardest bargain."