Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Do us a favour, wee man - sit down and shut the fúck up while the grown-ups are talking, OK?

Shut up norman you old fool. Go back to the BRALT where your types belong. 

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There is if you're willing to actually think about it, rather than relying on Laura k, Peston and the Heil to tell you what to think. We're not turning Kent into a lorry park because of Covid, for example.

When i said convincingly, i meant it literally. In actuality, people won't be convinced, despite the evidence.

There will be plenty of robust statistical work peer reviewed and the like, but that won't persuade people who want their own views confirmed. 

I'm sure the great Kent lorry famine will be spun as a price worth paying for whatever the supposed benefit of this shitshow is. Sovereignty or some nebulous shite. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

When i said convincingly, i meant it literally. In actuality, people won't be convinced, despite the evidence.

There will be plenty of robust statistical work peer reviewed and the like, but that won't persuade people who want their own views confirmed. 

I'm sure the great Kent lorry famine will be spun as a price worth paying for whatever the supposed benefit of this shitshow is. Sovereignty or some nebulous shite. 

And there's my point. There is no way in hell that you can blame the backed up transport on Covid - or anything else other than our collective act of economic self-harm. And anyone who could spin that as a "price worth paying" could have convinced a jury to not only acquit Fred West, but also to award the poor fúcker compensation for disrupting his gardening.

I've been waiting for all these benefits of Brexit to arrive. W're days away from the cliff-edge and nothing, repeat nothing, has materialised. And it's got fúck all to do with Covid-19.

Letting anybody, from the cúnt in No. 10 to the lad in the canteen at work, get away with this shite is just unacceptable. I've lost patience with the whole fucking debacle. You don't want my life to get better, but yours is going to improve? OK, you're a Tory, and I've dealt with shitstains like you all my life. Your life is getting demonstrably worse as a result of your sudden decision to get involved with the democratic process, and you still think you "won"? Sorry, no. Fúck your feelings. You were stupid enough to believe that, even though there may well have been positive reasons for leaving the EU, the Conservative Party  were going to act in the interests of the country, rather than themselves - and not only were you fucking stupid, you won't admit you got it wrong even now. You've ruined the future for tens of millions of your compatriots (and yourself) because either you treated the referendum like the X-Factor, you don't like brown people, or both. And you need calling out for it.

12 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

And there's my point. There is no way in hell that you can blame the backed up transport on Covid - or anything else other than our collective act of economic self-harm. And anyone who could spin that as a "price worth paying" could have convinced a jury to not only acquit Fred West, but also to award the poor fúcker compensation for disrupting his gardening.

I've been waiting for all these benefits of Brexit to arrive. W're days away from the cliff-edge and nothing, repeat nothing, has materialised. And it's got fúck all to do with Covid-19.

Letting anybody, from the cúnt in No. 10 to the lad in the canteen at work, get away with this shite is just unacceptable. I've lost patience with the whole fucking debacle. You don't want my life to get better, but yours is going to improve? OK, you're a Tory, and I've dealt with shitstains like you all my life. Your life is getting demonstrably worse as a result of your sudden decision to get involved with the democratic process, and you still think you "won"? Sorry, no. Fúck your feelings. You were stupid enough to believe that, even though there may well have been positive reasons for leaving the EU, the Conservative Party  were going to act in the interests of the country, rather than themselves - and not only were you fucking stupid, you won't admit you got it wrong even now. You've ruined the future for tens of millions of your compatriots (and yourself) because either you treated the referendum like the X-Factor, you don't like brown people, or both. And you need calling out for it.

Typical remoaner. Just jolly well get on with it. Blitz spirit, what? 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 minutes ago, coprolite said:
Typical remoaner. Just jolly well get on with it. Blitz spirit, what? 

If there is No Deal, I wonder if BJ will actually mention the Blitz spirit.. Must be evens?

Oh, we do rather like to muddle through, we Brits, what? 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

99% of economist will be able to model the effects of brexit but they will probably come up with a range, say 5-15%of GDP. 

You're being hugely optimistic here. It will be incredibly easy for economists to make models that produce results that fit with their own biases. 

26 minutes ago, bendan said:

You're being hugely optimistic here. It will be incredibly easy for economists to make models that produce results that fit with their own biases. 

Yes, but only a handful support Brexit. Largely because they understand the damage it will do. 

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Some people supporting an independent Scotand don't view sovereignty as a shitshow or some nebulous shite. That's a case of: ours is a justifiable aspiration theirs is some nebulous shite. 

42 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Some people supporting an independent Scotand don't view sovereignty as a shitshow or some nebulous shite. That's a case of: ours is a justifiable aspiration theirs is some nebulous shite. 

I'm not "some people" though. I think that the concept of "Nation" and therefore the Nation-State should have no place in the future of the world*. 

Sovereignty for Scotland is equally as nebulous and shite as sovereignty for the UK. 

I think that Scottish independence would on balance benefit Scotland at this exact moment and probably for the near future. Mainly because the EU is a better Union to be in. But I don't support Scottish Independence mainly through self interest because I live in Wales and it would condemn rUK to Tories more often. 

*except when it comes to sport where tribalism is required to make it fun. 

If there is No Deal, I wonder if BJ will actually mention the Blitz spirit.. Must be evens?
I'm sure the fishing fleet will rejoice in the news that not a jot will change on 1 January. We have these "preventions" being proposed for no deal like the 1 year "as you are" extension to fishing rules. This suggests a no deal is more of a remain for the fishing industry. A year might elapse and there appears to have to be "agreement ", the UK can't just unilaterally claim the waters as their own even after 1 January. I abhor the thought of Brexit but that surely can't be right.

Taking back control indeed. Fatty Buchan will be choking on his bloater !

28 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Big fucking deal.  So what if the financial sector which supports hundreds of thousands of (usually highly paid) jobs and contributes significant in taxes (including income tax and NI from said highly paid jobs) suffers if we can protect and industry that comprises 0.1% of GDP?

Where’s your patriotism?

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Big fucking deal.  So what if the financial sector which supports hundreds of thousands of (usually highly paid) jobs and contributes significant in taxes (including income tax and NI from said highly paid jobs) suffers if we can protect and industry that comprises 0.1% of GDP?

Where’s your patriotism?

Jesus, changed days.  Financial services now the darling of the UK economy.  

We're told we should listen to the banks and be guided by what they tell us. The banks? THE BANKS? By Christ people must have short memories.