Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I wonder when some of the people who voted Leave to improve their lives are going to say "Okay then, where is the improvement?"

They won't, they'll just find some other scapegoat. I.e. Scottish nationalists, Ireland, the BBC, the Guardian or somebody else who doesn't share their whiny worldview. 

4 hours ago, bendan said:

Part of the problem is that a lot of Remainers so massively over-egged the pudding of economic Armageddon...

Three days of Dover being closed and Boris caved on the negotiations over goods to give the EU pretty much everything it wanted. Armageddon was the No Deal scenario that Nigel Farage and co wanted.

Sorry if this has been posted already but given that he voted for Brexit, this did make me laugh
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11698/12178242/sam-allardyce-west-brom-transfer-plans-hit-by-brexit-regulations
Especially since he is clearly scrabbling around for groundwork excuses for inevitably losing his reputation as the guy who dorsnt get relegated. Actually wouldnt be surprised to see him slither away before the maths confirms it

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Sorry if this has been posted already but given that he voted for Brexit, this did make me laugh

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11698/12178242/sam-allardyce-west-brom-transfer-plans-hit-by-brexit-regulations

A bit like the government pledging to recruit 50,000 additional nurses, not realising that brexit changes to free movement/immigration might make that figure difficult to realise.

On 27/12/2020 at 09:54, MixuFruit said:

Are west coast creelers OK out of this? WTO was going to destroy the industry, can they export without vet checks etc?

On 27/12/2020 at 11:50, Billy Jean King said:
On 27/12/2020 at 11:32, Cyclizine said:
My father in law is still trying to find out exactly what is going to be happening. There will be more paperwork, but hopeful the vet sign off might not be necessary. The devil is in the detail.

Beat me to it mate, sounds like we have had very similar family conversations

As far as I can make out from my in laws, there has been an issue with IT on the French side, which has affected some exporters, although not them personally as they're holding off at the moment hoping things might settle down a bit over the next few weeks. Those that were affected had to use another port which added delays, which is an issue with live catch.

The big issue they think will be that you can't easily export multiple species of shellfish in one shipment now, they need separate consignments, each with their own paperwork which is already a lot. So no lobsters and langoustines on one lorry without a load of certificates. Any mistake and turned back with tens of thousands worth of catch.