Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

In the examples I saw it was the airlines refusing to carry them despite the passenger presenting with the residency documentation approved by Spain. 

The passengers are right to complain and hopefully will be compensated by the airlines. 

Denied Boarding, they are still entitled to EU261 protection.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 minutes ago, strichener said:
Denied Boarding, they are still entitled to EU261 protection.

Maybe I'm being whoosed here but I'll bite. Surely not as UK citizens they aren't?

No you're not being wooshed.  Two things here - firstly EU261 applies to all flights into the EU on an EU airline and also the withdrawal act stated that all EU legislation in force on the day we withdraw would be automatically incorporated into domestic legislation.

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Twitter is full of Brit gammon demanding airline refunds through EU261 going back several months.

The airlines completely ignoring them is outstanding.

Airlines have tried to do this for years.  Ultimately they are breaking the law which is not to be lauded.  Hopefully you find yourself in a similar situation with a company and they tell you to GTF, if it was an EU based company, so much the better!

That's been rumbling along for years and isn't really Brexit connected per se. Ireland have disputed the waters around Rockall and the sovereignty of the rock itself for yonks.
Well it is Brexit related but it shouldn't be. Ireland should be allowed to fish there as it's international waters. However in 1955 I think, the UK stuck a flag in it and claimed it as British. This claim has absolutely no standing in international law as the rock is uninhabited and tiny. International law does not recognise it.
Now the UK has left the EU it is being claimed that any fishing within 12 nautical miles from the rock is off limits to non UK vessels. I appreciate that there have been issues before but these were resolved in 2019 but are being enforced again due to Brexit.
So I reiterate this recent escalation is Brexit related but is bullshit as it's clearly international waters

VAT is now being collected at the point of sale rather than at the point of importation.

This essentially means that overseas retailers sending goods to the UK are expected to register for UK VAT and account for it to HMRC if the sale value is less than €150 (£135).

EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes

46 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Well it is Brexit related but it shouldn't be. Ireland should be allowed to fish there as it's international waters. However in 1955 I think, the UK stuck a flag in it and claimed it as British. This claim has absolutely no standing in international law as the rock is uninhabited and tiny. International law does not recognise it.
Now the UK has left the EU it is being claimed that any fishing within 12 nautical miles from the rock is off limits to non UK vessels. I appreciate that there have been issues before but these were resolved in 2019 but are being enforced again due to Brexit.
So I reiterate this recent escalation is Brexit related but is bullshit as it's clearly international waters

It's ours and they can get their own rock. We need to put a gun battery on the top and stop fucking about.