Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
3 hours ago, Sooky said:
FWIW, I think this Common Market 2.0 motion laid by Nick Boles is the proposal that is fairest in recognising the fact that the nation voted leave by a margin of 52/48.

IMG_6583.thumb.jpg.c6be7db9d8e8cb72e0f5b2af2acdf8e4.jpg

We leave the EU, but maintain close alignment. I’m pretty sure a Norway type deal like this means leaving the Common Agricultural Policy, Fisheries Policy, and the Court of Justice.

After almost three years of omnishambles that 52/48 margin is well past its sell-by date.

As the PM at the time said this is a once in a Generation Vote.

Three years is not once in a Generation.

This we were promised. We hold tgem to it.

As the PM at the time said this is a once in a Generation Vote.
Three years is not once in a Generation.
This we were promised. We hold tgem to it.
You really are a piss poor troll.

Or you really are that thick that you can't understand that being out of the EU is not the same as being out of the Single Market and Customs Union.

Probably the latter going by the racist gammons I've met.

I've checked with the time lords and it just so happens that February 2019 was the end of the last generation and March 2019 was the start of the new one. That's a relief, because otherwise (as a nation) we were going to self-harm based upon an (apparently legally binding) vague term used in a leaflet. 

Edited by The OP

I've checked with the time lords and it just so happens that February 2019 was the end of the last generation and March 2019 was the start of the new one. That's a relief, because otherwise (as a nation) we were going to self-harm based upon an (apparently legally binding) vague term used in a leaflet. 
Too late, as a nation we self harmed in 2014

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s being reported in the Independent that Labour will support a confirmatory referendum.  Huge news if true.

Barry Gardiner says they don’t support it, Tom Watson says they do, Labour HQ say no decision taken yet.

Useless.

21 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Barry Gardiner says they don’t support it, Tom Watson says they do, Labour HQ say no decision taken yet.

Useless.

That's what's called keeping your options open...

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s being reported in the Independent that Labour will support a confirmatory referendum.  Huge news if true.

I notice the proposal doesn't mention May's deal, that might get a little bit more support.

There's 62 votes for it with SNP + Plaid + Lib Dems + Independent Group. 320 needed for a majority so you'd really need the entirety of Labour's 245 votes and then 13 rebel Tories.

I think that even if the Labour leadership back it, it's a tough ask to get over the line as the odds are that they won't have control over their own MPs and Tories will be worried about ending their career by attaching their name to it.

The only way I think it can pass is if MPs are encouraged to abstain instead of voting against.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

The amount of times this may happen is now on par with fluffy resigning

I am living in hope that at some point Labour will a) finally realise that they have to do something; and b) realise what the vast majority of their supporters and members want.

Whilst the Tories might be all over the place on Brexit the majority of their MPs are doing what they think Tory voters want.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I notice the proposal doesn't mention May's deal, that might get a little bit more support.

There's 62 votes for it with SNP + Plaid + Lib Dems + Independent Group. 320 needed for a majority so you'd really need the entirety of Labour's 245 votes and then 13 rebel Tories.

I think that even if the Labour leadership back it, it's a tough ask to get over the line as the odds are that they won't have control over their own MPs and Tories will be worried about ending their career by attaching their name to it.

The only way I think it can pass is if MPs are encouraged to abstain instead of voting against.

I think you’re right and this is going to come down to the likes of Hoey, Mann, et al who will f**k things up with a smile on their faces.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The Tories might be more likely to go for it if Labour don't whip it.