Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Some of the hard line Brexiteers saying they would/could support May`s deal if the DUP do.
Marching from Europe led by a gaggle of right wingers to the tunes of a flute band. 
FFS :thumbsdown

Folk throwing their excuses in early so that they can blame the DUP as the ones to push it across the line and protect their own hides?

Yep pretty much that.

Mogg saying now he will back May’s deal IF the DUP back it.

He might be a popular constituency MP but I’m sure there will be some of his constituents concerned that his position on this historic issue is being determined by the NI Dinosaur Party.

DUP statement soon. Not backing it still or rolling over after a bung?

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Shitebags trying to get the indicative votes cancelled.

Utter fucking scum.

Majority for it increased by 17. They're haemorrhaging power all the time. 

Edited by Spain

The arch Brexiteers are looking like the plucky English team in Europe now, holding on through hoofing it long and set pieces before  absolutely shitebagging it at the last minute.

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Bercow saying he'll not be given Mays folly his backing no vote unless it's changed.

Also saying he won't let them have a paving motion setting aside the convention. Astonishing power he has.

Edited by welshbairn

8 amendments to go to indicative votes:

No Deal (B) – John Baron (Conservative) - Agrees to leave the EU on 12 April without a deal.

Common market 2.0 (D) – Nick Boles (Conservative) - Government joins the European Economic Area (EEA) through the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), and negotiates a temporary customs union until alternative arrangements can be found.

EFTA and EEA (H) – George Eustice (Conservative)  - Remains in the European Economic Area (EEA), and applies to re-join the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).  Declines to form a customs union but seeks “agreement on new protocols relating to the Northern Ireland border and agri-food trade”.

Customs union (J) – Ken Clarke (Conservative) - Enshrine the objective to form a customs union in primary legislation.

Labour’s alternative plan (K) – Jeremy Corbyn - Negotiate changes to the withdrawal agreement and the political declaration to secure Labour’s position, and pass these objectives into law.

Revocation to avoid no deal (L) – Joanna Cherry (SNP) - If the Withdrawal (Agreement) Bill has not been passed before exit day, the government will ask MPs to approve no deal. If this does not pass, the government will revoke Article 50.

Confirmatory public vote (M) – Margaret Beckett (Labour) - Government cannot implement or ratify the withdrawal agreement and the political declaration unless and until they have been approved in a referendum.

Contingent preferential arrangements (O) – Marcus Fysh (Conservative) - Malthouse Plan B: The UK makes its budgetary contributions to the EU to the end of 2020 and agrees with the EU a period of two years in which UK goods have full access to the EU.

Speaker says understands government may bring MV3 on Brexit deal tomorrow or Friday - and expects government to meet test of change he set out (paving motion WON’T BE ACCEPTED).

"In order that there should be no misunderstanding, I do expect the government to meet the test of change," he says.

The government "should not seek to circumvent my ruling", he says.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Also saying he won't let them have a paving motion setting aside the convention. Astonishing power he has.

I think it would be very interesting if, theoretically, enough Tory MPs came out in favour of the deal so that it would pass if it went to a vote (with DUP abstaining as I’ve seen mentioned) to see what he would do.

Would he still block it even though it is a way out of the current impasse and an escape from a possible no-deal?

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

I think it would be very interesting if, theoretically, enough Tory MPs came out in favour of the deal so that it would pass if it went to a vote (with DUP abstaining as I’ve seen mentioned) to see what he would do.

Would he still block it even though it is a way out of the current impasse and an escape from a possible no-deal?

His overriding duty is follow the will of the House, so it appears that there is a majority for it I think he'd have to allow another vote.

:lol:  It’s just as well that I don’t give a flying f**k what you think, but thanks for going to the trouble of letting me know.

Yes, you are quite correct in not giving a flying f**k of what I think, on a Scottish football sounding board.
Unfortunately, your decision had real consequences in 2016.
I accept that you’ve now realised the error, but please don’t come across as, the now, authority on how MPs should vote.
You fucked up.