Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Said it before, will day it again.  Any Labour MPs who facilitate May should be kicked out immediately particularly given that facilitation will lead to someone like Johnson becoming PM.

Boris Johnson leaves 1922 meeting smiling ear to ear but no comment

Said it before, will day it again.  Any Labour MPs who facilitate May should be kicked out immediately particularly given that facilitation will lead to someone like Johnson becoming PM.

It’s likely to go that way now. May’s Deal as a gateway into absolutely savage Brexiteering.

12 minutes ago, tintax said:

Imagine after over 2 years of negotiating, your deal is so bad that you have to offer up your resignation to get your deal through. 

Imagine calling it a deal, this shit should have been done and dusted a long while ago, to me a deal should contain the facts and figures that business requires to navigate their way through the next 5 or 10 years, even if we leave loads of us won't live long enough to see how good or bad our final arrangement with the EU actually is.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

It’s likely to go that way now. May’s Deal as a gateway into absolutely savage Brexiteering.

Most Tory MPs hate Boris, they might find a way to stop him getting in the first two who go out to the membership. Split the vote between an even more dickhead brexiteer that the membership don't like and a likeable moderate. Not sure who.

Apologies if I'm being a bit slow on the uptake here,  but if Bercow has said the govt can't have MV3 , how does May offering to step down help her "deal" get to a vote?

1 minute ago, akredz said:

Apologies if I'm being a bit slow on the uptake here,  but if Bercow has said the govt can't have MV3 , how does May offering to step down help her "deal" get to a vote?

The Speaker has to follow the will of the House so if it looks like a majority for her deal he'd have to let it go ahead. Although all the normal rules have been turned upside down, so anything is possible.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The Speaker has to follow the will of the House so if it looks like a majority for her deal he'd have to let it go ahead. Although all the normal rules have been turned upside down, so anything is possible.

If he refuses the motion and any attendant motions it will get really interesting.  Constitutional crisis?

Mind you it’s been a while since a speaker was beheaded.  :lol:

So we’ve seen May toadying to the DUP now we’ve got her ultimate toadying to the ERG.  Strong and stable?  Gutless and humiliated more like.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If he refuses the motion and any attendant motions it will get really interesting.  Constitutional crisis?

Mind you it’s been a while since a speaker was beheaded.  :lol:

So we’ve seen May toadying to the DUP now we’ve got her ultimate toadying to the ERG.  Strong and stable?  Gutless and humiliated more like.

And she still had a bigger pair than most of the heavyweights of the Tory party a couple of years ago, I'm not even convinced the Boris' of this world would have managed the situation any better.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Thanks.

I'm at a loss to express my disdain for the whole lot of them.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

And she still had a bigger pair than most of the heavyweights of the Tory party a couple of years ago, I'm not even convinced the Boris' of this world would have managed the situation any better.

If you want to fantasise about a transgender May I’m sure there’s more appropriate forums.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Johnson would be a disaster of his own making if he got the PM job.  This isn’t the USA; he would get destroyed by his own words and actions.

Probably be very good for Independence.

"On indicative votes, Ms Morgan says she hopes the nation will see that MPs are "trying to move forwards", but adds, "I'm not sure if we're going to get a result tonight, it might have to happen again on Monday."

Is this little matter of Brexit not kind of important, what with looming deadlines and all.  What happened to Thursday and Friday?

There must be some Remain supporting Tory MPs who are concerned by how things are developing.  It will be interesting to see if/how they react.

BTW has anyone seen Fluffy’s obsequies tweet?  His tongue must still be brown.

"On indicative votes, Ms Morgan says she hopes the nation will see that MPs are "trying to move forwards", but adds, "I'm not sure if we're going to get a result tonight, it might have to happen again on Monday."

Is this little matter of Brexit not kind of important, what with looming deadlines and all.  What happened to Thursday and Friday?

Parliament is not meant to sit this Friday but the Tories are looking to overturn this - not to speed up the process - but to try and railroad her shite deal through at the 3rd attempt.

Part of me seriously wants them to succeed - it just provides extra ammo for a Section 30 order.

It's not just about the preservation of the Tories but May trying to get some sort of legacy for herself - it's vanity politics at its fucking worst. She thinks she's Thatcher - meanwhile Maggie is birling in her grave at the very thought.

There must be some Remain supporting Tory MPs who are concerned by how things are developing.  It will be interesting to see if/how they react.
BTW has anyone seen Fluffy’s obsequies tweet?  His tongue must still be brown.

I hope there is a concerted effort at the next general election to oust the spineless shit.