Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

For clarity, reporters should substitute the word Brexit with “recession”. Would you like your recession hard? Fast? Soft? It’s the only certainty Brexit guaranteed and it’s being delivered from what I can see in Edinburgh since the end of 2018. Good work Tory toff fellas! 

There were 625 votes last night.  Am I correct in thinking the only regular non-voters are the Speaker, his deputy, the tellers and SF?

If so there must have been some abstentions/absentees.

I know McDonnell and Thornberry missed the Benn vote but I assume they made this one.

There were 625 votes last night.  Am I correct in thinking the only regular non-voters are the Speaker, his deputy, the tellers and SF?
If so there must have been some abstentions/absentees.
I know McDonnell and Thornberry missed the Benn vote but I assume they made this one.

Full turnout would be 634. There are 4 speakers, 4 tellers, 7 Sinn Fein members and 1 vacant seat (Newport West which is having a by-election today)

McDonnell is in the hospital I believe and Thornberry’s kid is in hospital so they were abstaining. Not sure how the other abstainers are.

Its going to be hilarious watching the mental gymnastics of the "RESPECT THE VOTE!" Lot when Corbyn and May come up with the b*****d child of her already shitty, mutated leave deal and claim "THEY KNEW WHAT THEY VOTED FOR!!!!"

The seethe at the predictably complex process we are in and the shite ending thats all but guaranteed simply does not square up with their leave at all costs, no 2nd referendum stance.

No deal is still the default position next week. Any extension is down to the EU agreeing to one.
Is there any school of thought that they will reject and force a no deal?

I know they say they need a reason but surely something is being thrashed out in the background?

24 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So what does last night mean? Is no deal now off the table?
Surely the WA+customs union will fly through now..as it's really the only option

Have the EU agreed to a CU without Free Movement of People?   

The Shinners abstention has been one of the reasons we have not had a majority for a managed Brexit yet. Its not really ironic because there tends to be nothing ironic about the idiocies of them and the DUP. And to be fair to them, its hard to stand out amidst the shitfest of the current parliament, they are really just a footnote of stupidity in the larger scheme of things. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know they say they need a reason but surely something is being thrashed out in the background?

No, I'd imagine the EU would grant an extension. Point I was making is it doesn't matter what Westminster votes on, extensions require the EU agreeing to them.

Watching the TV news media that  seems to be taken for granted just because it's voted by Westminster

Edited by Colkitto

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don’t think it will be outright rejection.  What is possible, and in my opinion desirable, is for the EU to reject a short extension on the basis that it achieves nothing.

This would be a reasonable and consistent EU position.

This would leave Parliament the option of accepting this and participating in the Euro elections; finally accepting May’s deal;  No Deal; or revocation.

I think it would be one of the first two and if it were May’s deal the DUP have said they would then support Labour in a further VOC against the government.