Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've always described Brexit like the Ealing film comedy 'Passport To Pimlico'. We are now at the scene where everyone, or in this case the Brexiteers, realise that the game is a bogey, closely followed by The End.

The dreadful irony is that The DUP and The ERG MPs are the ones who have kept us (thankfully) in the EU to date.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:
The dreadful irony is that The DUP and The ERG MPs are the ones who have kept us (thankfully) in the EU to date.

I need to be honest here and say that whilst I have a strong distaste for the DUP and what they stand for, they have maintained their position, something which I'm sure has surprised and disappointed some proponents of Brexit. By their own lights however, to the DUP Brexit represents a clear and present threat to their raison d'etre, the union, which I think a lot of folk on the mainland overlooked.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As pointed out before, it's now obvious that the DUP are more committed to Loyalism than to Brexitism.

They'll be far more interested in Labour's version of Brexit....a custom union which aligns the whole of the UK to the EU....than any of the half arsed Tory plans which could lead to Norn Iron being treated differently.

I'm sure May thinks that was a billion quid well spent.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've always described Brexit like the Ealing film comedy 'Passport To Pimlico'. We are now at the scene where everyone, or in this case the Brexiteers, realise that the game is a bogey, closely followed by The End.

Best Ealing Film was Kind Hearts and Coronets.

I can see Dennis Price bumping off all the EU Commissnioners and taking power.

Bit like what Tony B. Liar wants to do.

Allegory.

4 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Best Ealing Film was Kind Hearts and Coronets.

I can see Dennis Price bumping off all the EU Commissnioners and taking power.

Bit like what Tony B. Liar wants to do.

Allegory.

You're thinking of creepy Dominic Raab and and the Tory Party.

23 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Indeed. There's also Michael Gove, Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees Mogg.... not to mention the penis groper. They all look like a right dodgy bunch tbh.

TM is looking more inviting than any off those.

And i'm a full Brexiter!

Wee fat red faced man promises the UK will wreak havoc in the EU whilst opining that it needs to leave the EU as it holds no power.

Schrodinger's dipshit.

Spoiler

Someone should probably also pull the thick mutant aside and explain to him what "trojan horse" actually means - preferably with illustrations and a claw hammer.

13 hours ago, Rovers2017 said:

Right lads, can someone give me a list of key bullet points on what is happening with this farce as I've not been paying attention lately, and are we leaving on Friday? 

Thanks xoxo

1. See bullet point 4

2. See bullet point 5

3. See bullet point 1

4. See bullet point 2

5. See bullet point 3

HTH

8 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Wee fat red faced man promises the UK will wreak havoc in the EU whilst opining that it needs to leave the EU as it holds no power.

Schrodinger's dipshit.

Reveal hidden contents

Someone should probably also pull the thick mutant aside and explain to him what "trojan horse" actually means - preferably with illustrations and a claw hammer.

Francois needs a punch in the pus.  I don’t think there would be a shortage of volunteers.

Watching the Francois thing was marvellous. So much empty rhetoric and vacuous pish from a genuine cartoon character. 
Granted not often, and this applies to others too, but how can someone get up and go to a polling station specifically to vote for that.

20 hours ago, harry94 said:

Googled that and it's a perfect description.

I remember people looking into her banking background before and finding that the titles she was giving herself were false and her authority was nowhere near what it was stated. Her family were very well powerful and got her jobs after struggling on her degree and they then donated huge amounts of money to get herself selected as an MP.

Her biggest strength is that she's that thick that she's managed to blunder herself up the ladder in politics by being so sure of herself. People like Boris and Farage are opportunistic and know when they are bullshitting but it's unreal how detached from reality she is when she tries to speak about even very simple concepts.

I saw her on Marr on Sunday and when asked about being so much worse off etc if leaving with "no deal", her response was basically a shrug of the shoulders and the old half wits line of, "But we will be taking back control", "We will be in charge of our own destiny".

Honestly, what can you say to that.............

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Watching the Francois thing was marvellous. So much empty rhetoric and vacuous pish from a genuine cartoon character. 

Cartoon character is the perfect description as he does appear to have been spawned from nowhere as a caricature of the insane Hard Brexiteers.

2 hours ago, HTG said:

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Cartoon character is the perfect description as he does appear to have been spawned from nowhere as a caricature of the insane Hard Brexiteers.

In addition to the clichéd "Brexit means Brexit" shite he spouts, the fact that he also looks like Penfold from Danger Mouse really adds to the Cartoon Character vibe:

5cadcd0d7d22c_FrancoisPenfold.png.216937d389c48b2fb058b59f27114eaf.png