Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The reason remain didn't win the referendum is that they couldn't find a bus big enough and a font small enough to fit all the downsides of Brexit on it.

ETA: Every single current interview with a Brexiter should involve the question: "Why wasn't that on the side of the fucking bus, you fucking arsehole?".

Anything short of that is not fulfilling a journalistic duty.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

14 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

philyerboots has got a hold of sureiknow's log in details, and he's forgotten that we're only interested in the dogs.

I was thinking sureiknow had seen the light, every other country evolving towards Galactic cooperation and Britain still stuck in 19th Century delusions of nation state led empires.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was thinking sureiknow had seen the light, every other country evolving towards Galactic cooperation and Britain still stuck in 19th Century delusions of nation state led empires.

Unfortunately having been adulterated by a brain slug, he thinks it's better to be shitting in outside toilets, eating whelks for dinner, and having Arthur Atkinson for entertainment than coming up with the Genesis project.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Just watching the Newsnight paper review. The reviewing cretins are still yacking on about Boris might have lied to the Queen like it was the crime of the century.

When you consider the fucking mess this country is in right now, and yet somehow lying to the Queen is the only thing that seems to matter. 

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

philyerboots has got a hold of sureiknow's log in details, and he's forgotten that we're only interested in the dogs.

Here's a dog for everyone:

Image result for simpsons dog suspicious

Cats Kid. I like Cats not Doggies. 

Doggies are Remainers where as Cats have more sense!

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

but what about Meghan Markle isn't she more worthy of front page news ahead of Brexigeddon?

Just about to watch Sophy Ride with the Sky News paper review.  I'll get back to you if Meghan gets a mention - think she might be overshadowed by David Cameron - the genius who came up with the idea of the referendum and who is now blaming everyone else for all that has gone wrong with it.

Just now, Snafu said:

Yeah, David Cameron is haunted everyday over the consequences of the vote and what could happen after and you can read it in his memoirs which are due to be published next week, not that he is into promoting this book for any self gain.

I don't think he'll be holding many book signing sessions.

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

Yeah, David Cameron is haunted everyday over the consequences of the vote and what could happen after and you can read it in his memoirs which are due to be published next week, not that he is into promoting this book for any self gain.

What is the name of the book? "A big boy did it and ran away (Yeah that was me)"?

Was thinking about this and wondered if there could be a different route to remaining in the EU that would honour the referendum result.

I had forgotten all about Article 49 which could allow us to to swiftly rejoin (but without any of the opt-outs we currently have).

Let an amended May deal through (or Boris gets No Deal by winding the clock down)

The UK formally leaves the EU (although there still needs to be further negotiations be it with getting a trade deal or an amended May deal finalised) - the referendum has therefore been honoured.

Then have a second referendum - not Leave vs Remain but to continue the negotiations on the amended May deal (or EU trade deal) vs invoking Article 49 to rejoin the EU.

Thoughts?

36 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

What is the name of the book? "A big boy did it and ran away (Yeah that was me)"?

Cameron is a c**t but I’m quite happy to see him putting the boot into Johnson and Gove.

”My enemy’s enemy...” and all that.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Was thinking about this and wondered if there could be a different route to remaining in the EU that would honour the referendum result.

I had forgotten all about Article 49 which could allow us to to swiftly rejoin (but without any of the opt-outs we currently have).

Let an amended May deal through (or Boris gets No Deal by winding the clock down)

The UK formally leaves the EU (although there still needs to be further negotiations be it with getting a trade deal or an amended May deal finalised) - the referendum has therefore been honoured.

Then have a second referendum - not Leave vs Remain but to continue the negotiations on the amended May deal (or EU trade deal) vs invoking Article 49 to rejoin the EU.

Thoughts?

The idea of 'honouring' the referendum would stop that line of criticism from the brexiters but I'd rather have another ref which overrules the first just to make things simpler. If we DO go out, then it's a possible route back in. (if all that you say is actually possible)

Of course we may end up with a Labour government and 'original leaver' Corbyn may push to stay out. 

15 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just watching the Newsnight paper review. The reviewing cretins are still yacking on about Boris might have lied to the Queen like it was the crime of the century.

When you consider the fucking mess this country is in right now, and yet somehow lying to the Queen is the only thing that seems to matter. 

Maybe he didn't lie to the queen.  Maybe he (or JRM ?) just told her straight - "this is just to mug-off these anti-democratic Remainiac b*****ds" and HM replied "fair enough - there you go"

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Maybe he didn't lie to the queen.  Maybe he (or JRM ?) just told her straight - "this is just to mug-off these anti-democratic Remainiac b*****ds" and HM replied "fair enough - there you go"

You obviously know her better than I do.