Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tbf they come from a place with a historical gene pool so stupid they hung a monkey thinking it was French. Hartlepool being wiped out by brexit would be a positive.

Maybe if we just had a ban on monkeys that would sort them out. 

Actually, come to think of it, just take them to the zoo and ask them to point out the Germans, Italians, Swedes, Greeks and so on.   This could all be easier than we thought.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tbf they come from a place with a historical gene pool so stupid they hung a monkey thinking it was French. Hartlepool being wiped out by brexit would be a positive.

What nationality was the monkey?

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

After a few ales the monkey spoke to them in a foreign tongue of which those present decided that it must be French since they had never heard such a tongue. And like true noble Brits they acted in fury upon that which they didn't understand as their ancestors had previously burned woman by fire to death for failure of the land and sea harvests. It has to be said that the monkey died a true Frenchman swearing and cursing his protests until the end.

Not convinced.

35 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

What a cunning plan Snafu. And with the helpful provision of this list, the Brexiters can also boycott the Remain-leaning companies. Then, with our joint efforts we can make the whole country 50% poorer. Genius. 

You weren't one of Phil Hammond's SpAds by any chance?

Au contraire, i'm not so sure most people are aware of where allegiances lie with businesses, other than probably the mainstream media and newspapers. However, the publication of who wants what will be circulated quickly but most people will continue to shop or buy what they always do.  Most have their views and feelings about brexit, but not sufficient to change their normal routines.

I, on the other hand, will avoid those on the left on the list to the best of my ability

I don't remember you complaining when the long list of Rangers creditors was released. [emoji1]
A few interesting names in the leave, Wetherspoons, Dixons (who own Currys, PC World + Carphone Warehouse) Reebok and Next and they can all shove a Dyson up their arse.

I haven't set foot in a Wetherspoon's since that p***k Martin introduced his propagandised beermats.

Presume that we are facing three indicative votes (again) next month or whenever the Commons meets again...No Deal, some form of WA that Johnson cobbles together and a 2nd Ref.

Chances are that all three will be voted down (No Deal definitely will be)...so the legal mechanism to force him to ask for an extension kicks in. At that point he is either has to go through with it or resign..if he resigns (doubt it), someone has to still legally ask for an extension. As a GE is then a certainty, presumably the EU will grant one, and back to square one we probably go with a hung parliament.

Assuming a hung parliament following the failed attempt to get consensus on any of the three 'options' is there is a chance that the EU will say at that point 'you have to revoke A50 now'? as with a hung parliament the whole thing just goes round in circles again....vote on No Deal, 2nd Ref  and WA...vote them all down, rinse and repeat ad nauseam. 

If it reaches that sort of gridlock after a GE revocation must surely be a live option........only thing which could change the scene ironically would be a clear Tory majority from the GE and just can't see that.

If he can''t get a WA through next month, I don't think Brexit will ever happen.