Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The latest reports from Europe suggest the UK negotiating team have still not offered any concrete alternatives to the backstop.

... and they won't, because there aren't any in this dreadfully thought out process.  The sheer arrogance of "the EU need us and they'll be willing to bend the rules for their exceptional all-important pals" hasn't quite worked as planned.

The DUP now need to opt for one of the two necessary evils; 1) a hard border with ROI, or 2) the backstop that was agreed by the former PM of their precious England-centric union that has dragged them into this mess.  

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Somebody rang 999 when kfc ran out of chicken.It will be fine

Police:  "You are taking the mick aren't you ringing 999 for this?"

Guy who had a referendum vote:  "well, I got told to ring 999 for any emergencies and this is an emergency, is it not?"

Edited by Hedgecutter

Admittedly a bit of a tangent, but I just saw this story on BBC and couldn't help but switch over to a particular media outlet given the backlash to yesterdays events.  Talk about a red rag to a bull:  

Cystic fibrosis patients in England are being DENIED new treatment freely on offer to those in Scotland

sponduli, chester, United Kingdom

The problem is we give money and everything for free to everybody around the world which means there's no money left for us

werfd, Chichester, United Kingdom

They should remember this when they call for their independence. It wont be free then, but maybe we will be able to afford it for our own when were not paying for theirs.

Steve UK taxpayer, hope not EU much longer, United Kingdom

It is becoming ever more apparent that we need England to be independent from the United Kingdom. Being in the UK is holding us back. Why have we no English parliament, or had a referendum on devolution?

eloracbmulp, Manchester, United Kingdom

We ,the ENGLISH taxpayer pay for this. It's outrageous !!!!

red_jeremy_corbyn, Tehran, United Kingdom

No wonder the Scots want to remain part of the UK. Everything paid for by ENGLISH taxpayers

Roger, Portland. Dorset, United Kingdom

So much for a UNITED KINGDOM.

BritLord, Hampshire, United Kingdom

This inequality shouldn't be allowed in the 21st century.

They really do swallow this we subsidise Scotland shite. 

I wonder if they would say the same when they realise that they won't get revenues from oil and whisky etc: when they have to pay for water and energy from Scotland; and when they have to pay for vanity projects like Crossrail and HS2.

Oh - and don't forget having to find somewhere to store the nukes, psy for their replacement as well as the decommissioning costs of our obsolete nuclear sub fleet.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wonder if they would say the same when they realise that they won't get revenues from oil and whiskey etc: when they have to pay for water and energy from Scotland; and when they have to pay for vanity projects like Crossrail and HS2.

Oh - and don't forget having to find somewhere to store the nukes, psy for their replacement as well as the decommissioning costs of our obsolete nuclear sub fleet.

What has whiskey got to do with anything. Ffs. 

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hopefully along with the eccie train there will be a chicken choo choo aswell

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There will certainly be a gravy train for some.

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

And the Laxative Locomotive for the medicine.

Thankfully a majority of our MPs can see we're going down the wrong track.  Hopefully their attempts to derail Brexit will ensure that Boris' plans hit the buffers.

Admittedly a bit of a tangent, but I just saw this story on BBC and couldn't help but switch over to a particular media outlet given the backlash to yesterdays events.  Talk about a red rag to a bull:

Cystic fibrosis patients in England are being DENIED new treatment freely on offer to those in Scotland

sponduli, chester, United Kingdom

The problem is we give money and everything for free to everybody around the world which means there's no money left for us

werfd, Chichester, United Kingdom

They should remember this when they call for their independence. It wont be free then, but maybe we will be able to afford it for our own when were not paying for theirs.

Steve UK taxpayer, hope not EU much longer, United Kingdom

It is becoming ever more apparent that we need England to be independent from the United Kingdom. Being in the UK is holding us back. Why have we no English parliament, or had a referendum on devolution?

eloracbmulp, Manchester, United Kingdom

We ,the ENGLISH taxpayer pay for this. It's outrageous !!!!

red_jeremy_corbyn, Tehran, United Kingdom

No wonder the Scots want to remain part of the UK. Everything paid for by ENGLISH taxpayers

Roger, Portland. Dorset, United Kingdom

So much for a UNITED KINGDOM.

BritLord, Hampshire, United Kingdom

This inequality shouldn't be allowed in the 21st century.

Little Englanders, so naive and moronic.

Do they not realise if it wasn't for Scottish oil their green and pleasant land would resemble Zimbabwe on a financial level

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wonder if they would say the same when they realise that they won't get revenues from oil and whiskey etc: when they have to pay for water and energy from Scotland; and when they have to pay for vanity projects like Crossrail and HS2.

They certainly won't get revenues from that, except from us, of course.

If its "No Deal", will you still get your gear ??

I don’t do gear as I’m not a member of the Conservative Party.

I don’t want to get philosophical, but society has a very thin veneer.  The post-war generation who claim their forefathers fought against tyranny would be the first to throw truth, democracy and the rule of law under the bus if those virtues didn’t support their prejudices.

Anyone who talks about the British Bulldog spirit or bangs on about the Blitz spirit etc would’ve been lining up at Dover to collaborate if the Germans had taken these islands.

22 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

If it wasn't bad enough we now have that evil weasel David Cameron publishing his memoirs to cash in. f**k the lot of those odious c***s. 

It really does beggar belief. I thought Blair's decision to support Bush's war in Iraq was just about the worst political decision made in my lifetime, but Cameron, trying to justify his decision on the referendum......Words fail me.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/10/cameron-to-defend-brexit-referendum-in-documentary

Wonder if he'll be doing any book signing sessions anywhere near me.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have every sympathy with the bloke on the left.  There is definitely a case to be made for a post-Brexit independent Scotland, especially if it has aspirations to join the EU.  The big shame is that the case is being made by a shower of vile xenophobes who are every bit the measure of their loathsome Brexit-voting cousins.

A credible independence movement has got to be uncoupled from the discredited SNP and become pluralistic in character.  Rattling the shortbread tin and screaming, "f**k off you British c**t" just won't cut the mustard.

Some contradictions here. The Indy movement has been uncoupled from the SNP. The AUOB marches have until the last one had very little high profile SNP participation. Most, I'd imagine, come from former Labour-voting backgrounds. We also have the Greens and many more EU citizens joining. A handful of heidcases who shouth 'fck off' at folk can't take away from the diverse nature of the current Indy movement.