Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, hearthammer said:

There are parallels between these "insider" manoeuvres by de pfeffellllll during brexit and bush and close cohorts pre-9/11.   As the man says, "follow the money".

Senor Miguel Sanchez.  You red-dotted me, which is your prerogative of course.  This i have no problem with.  However, can you please clarify where i am wrong or the point(s) in the original publication incorrect ??   I was merely using the parallels of the establishment feeding their own and not giving a flying about the general population.  Did you read and/or view the publication/video ??  Or was it that the dot was for what you would consider a shit photo of New York ??

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

One of the biggest issues for me is that not many trust MP’s, thinking they all lie and are self serving bullshitters.
The just get on with it brigade just don’t believe any of the damaging information out there. They should set up another referendum a week after, go for full blown no deal and watch the landslide remain vote when the gammons can’t get their blood pressure meds or a cheap can of Stella.

The doctor was telling me this morning they are having problems getting their quota of flu vaccine delivered. (Mind you, it was the same last year.) It may, or may not, be Brexit related.

42 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Please don’t judge the whole Scottish nation by the sort of person who sprays insults anonymously on the politics thread of a football forum!

I do aways like to see your cricket and rugby and football teams get gubbed though.

I am not judging the whole Scottish nation, just the Scottish nationalists on here. 

I am Scottish and support our football and rugby teams. 

Norway seems a strange arrangement to name-check as the way forward?

I suspect I'm being trolled.

For the record, Norway;

1.  Pays the EU for access to it's market

2.  Accepts the 'four freedoms' which for emphasis includes the free movement of labour

3.  Is a rule taker

Of course despite this, it doesn't have a say at the EU itself, so I can see why a Brexiteer would be all for it!

Yours

aDONis

This would be worse than remaining. Far better to remain and be a decision maker than leave with this model in place.

6 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

One of the biggest issues for me is that not many trust MP’s, thinking they all lie and are self serving bullshitters.
The just get on with it brigade just don’t believe any of the damaging information out there. They should set up another referendum a week after, go for full blown no deal and watch the landslide remain vote when the gammons can’t get their blood pressure meds or a cheap can of Stella.

I think it's naïve to presume that they would regret their decision even if the worst possibilities came true. They will just blame everyone else as usual, and most especially they'll blame our neighbours and the EU. 

5 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Senor Miguel Sanchez.  You red-dotted me, which is your prerogative of course.  This i have no problem with.  However, can you please clarify where i am wrong or the point(s) in the original publication incorrect ??   I was merely using the parallels of the establishment feeding their own and not giving a flying about the general population.  Did you read and/or view the publication/video ??  Or was it that the dot was for what you would consider a shit photo of New York ??

Cheers

Stop trying to sidetrack the thread with obviously off-topic pish. I know that Pat Jeden has won the thread by pointing out that only in half a century will we know if Brexit was a good idea but f**k off and start your own thread nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

I am not judging the whole Scottish nation, just the Scottish nationalists on here. 

I am Scottish and support our football and rugby teams. 

You're accusing Scotland, or pro-independence people, of being characteristically xenophobic on the basis of a very small number of roasters on the internet?

Really?

48 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It might also be because Welsh people favour brexit. 

My Welsh hairdresser says it's a good idea because it's about time someone sorted out the Muslims. 

Is blaming the English for Brexit qualitatively different from the xenophobia of blaming Europeans for the Uk's ills? 

You have to wonder at the wisdom of setting up a referendum aimed at letting the people decide whether or not they wish to remain in the EU - given that even now, so many simply do not understand what the EU is responsible for, and not responsible for.

26 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Have a read of the Hibs thread every now and then.

Yes, that’s a good place to go if you crave the reassurance of group-think delusion and the validation of like-minded “individuals” giving each other big.....erm....ticks. Don’t go for a debate though.

Edited by Pet Jeden

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He must be a really good hairdresser for you keep going back despite the rampant racism.

The boy that cuts my hair is from Tunisia and has never mentioned politics.

She's one of 6 that works at the local barbers. I am not walking an extra 10 minutes for a pc haircut and she has massive tits. 

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Was the Scottish judgement not based on the background reasons of the prorogation (ie to avoid scrutiny, etc,) rather than questioning the concept and legality of the prorogation itself ??

Eh?   Oh, err, um...

Ah dinnae ken.

23 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Why?

We don't know what the reasons are yet but in the short statement yesterday they seemed to be referring to vague constitutional principles which aren't codified anywhere.

We don't have a written constitution so there's no place here for US style judicial interpretations.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

We don't know what the reasons are yet but in the short statement yesterday they seemed to be referring to vague constitutional principles which aren't codified anywhere.

We don't have a written constitution so there's no place here for US style judicial interpretations.

Surely as we haven't a written constitution, that's all the more reason to have judicial interpretations?

17 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Was the Scottish judgement not based on the background reasons of the prorogation (ie to avoid scrutiny, etc,) rather than questioning the concept and legality of the prorogation itself ??

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I know the COS is going to publish more on their verdict tomorrow which should be interesting.

Would it be fair to assume the Supreme Court will throw the whole thing out?