Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I think one of the main issues for gammon loving, jazz hating brexiteers is the difficulty people  have admitting they have fucked things up badly and saying they were obviously wrong were wrong.

Takes guts to admit that you've made a mess of things.

8 hours ago, GloryHole said:

That’s a very good bit of journalism. However, to understand how significant (or not) these £8bn short bets are, you need to know the weight of money bet on a Sterling rise, who made the bets and what was their connection, if any, to Theresa May, Jeremy Hunt, Kier Starmer, Macron, Barnier etc

Supreme Court ruling next week is going to be fun. I really, really, can't see them upholding the decision by the Scottish Court.

This will drive another huge wedge in the Union with Scotland and England. We all know why Boris suspended parliament and the English judges still won't back the Scottish judges. This won't go down well.

If they do, then Boris is humiliated and is found to have basically lied to the Queen. He'll then be forced to open parliament again.

It's really a win win for the SNP 

47 minutes ago, The OP said:

They can, but they haven’t. Hence the statements regarding the European arrest warrants are correct.

Plus, eventually agreeing to have something beneficial you already had in the first place seems like a bit of a waste of time.

Whether it turns out to have been a waste of time or not, is something that will only become clear in about half a century. 

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Supreme Court ruling next week is going to be fun. I really, really, can't see them upholding the decision by the Scottish Court.

This will drive another huge wedge in the Union with Scotland and England. We all know why Boris suspended parliament and the English judges still won't back the Scottish judges. This won't go down well.

If they do, then Boris is humiliated and is found to have basically lied to the Queen. He'll then be forced to open parliament again.

It's really a win win for the SNP 

Worth repeating what others have said.  I hope I get this right!

When considering an appeal a Scottish High Court ruling the Supreme Court have to sit as a Scottish Court i.e. apply the law as it would be interpreted in Scotland.

Also they cannot judge the merits of the case but only determine if the High Court applied the law correctly.

So it may be not be cut and dried.

I wonder if @Ad Lib could enlighten us.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That’s a very good bit of journalism. However, to understand how significant (or not) these £8bn short bets are, you need to know the weight of money bet on a Sterling rise, who made the bets and what was their connection, if any, to Theresa May, Jeremy Hunt, Kier Starmer, Macron, Barnier etc

By widening the net and including as many peripheral figures as you can, would this be you perhaps attempting to dilute or minimise the in-your-face direct connection to Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson and his City backers ??   Methinks the man/lady is, like El Kincardino and his alter ego Bendonover, implementing his deflection gatling gun - unfortunately it has jammed chief.  Johnson's is very much embroiled in this scheming manoeuvre.

No doubt you will offer an alternative, if not predictable, escape route for the burlington pig shagger. 

16 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

By widening the net and including as many peripheral figures as you can, would this be you perhaps attempting to dilute or minimise the in-your-face direct connection to Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson and his City backers ??   Methinks the man/lady is, like El Kincardino and his alter ego Bendonover, implementing his deflection gatling gun - unfortunately it has jammed chief.  Johnson's is very much embroiled in this scheming manoeuvre.

No doubt you will offer an alternative, if not predictable, escape route for the burlington pig shagger. 

There’s no denying the connection. But it’s just common sense to say it only means anything if you know the context of any contrary bets held, who made them and who they were connected to. I don’t know if there were or were not any. If there were none, then it is eyebrow- raising. If there were £10bn bets the other way by people connected to remain politicians, then it is a non-story. (except for the moral dubiety about shorting)

11 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

There’s no denying the connection. But it’s just common sense to say it only means anything if you know the context of any contrary bets held, who made them and who they were connected to. I don’t know if there were or were not any. If there were none, then it is eyebrow- raising. If there were £10bn bets the other way by people connected to remain politicians, then it is a non-story. (except for the moral dubiety about shorting)

Difficult to type ??   Once this little englander crusade has been sorted once and for all, then i'm certain the authors of the piece will revisit and examine who made what and when.  These hedge funds stake high and i'm sure their puppet will be loathe to disappoint or let them down.  However, unlike when the 9/11 fiasco was taking place, more savvy commentators have the technology and know-how to carry out immediate analysis of what exactly was going on. 

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Whether it turns out to have been a waste of time or not, is something that will only become clear in about half a century. 

Jesus, you're in a serious state of denial. It might look like a truly awful idea with no upside at the moment, but wait 50 years, it will be great!

I have every sympathy with the bloke on the left.  There is definitely a case to be made for a post-Brexit independent Scotland, especially if it has aspirations to join the EU.  The big shame is that the case is being made by a shower of vile xenophobes who are every bit the measure of their loathsome Brexit-voting cousins.

A credible independence movement has got to be uncoupled from the discredited SNP and become pluralistic in character.  Rattling the shortbread tin and screaming, "f**k off you British c**t" just won't cut the mustard.

Banging the same old drum I see. The Scottish Government are racists, the SNP are racists and by extension a lot of people that vote for them.

Then you always manage to put a party thats been in government for over a decade in the same bracket as UKIP or the Brexit party [emoji23].

I don't know if you've noticed but the actual Prime Minister of the UK and most of his cabinet are out and out xenophobes and you'll still trot along to the polls and put a mark next the most right wing bunch of tossers in living memory.

Basically you post a bunch of complete shite and you're not even trying to troll [emoji23] You're genuinely as thick as pig shit.

45 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Difficult to type ??   Once this little englander crusade has been sorted once and for all, then i'm certain the authors of the piece will revisit and examine who made what and when.  These hedge funds stake high and i'm sure their puppet will be loathe to disappoint or let them down.  However, unlike when the 9/11 fiasco was taking place, more savvy commentators have the technology and know-how to carry out immediate analysis of what exactly was going on. 

Little Englander crusade? 38% of the vote in Scotland was for leave. 33% of SNP Voters. A majority in Wales.

As for your 9/11 conspiracy and your “follow the money” reference, I’ve got a funny feeling I know who you blame for being behind all the worlds ills. Howl on.

Edited by Pet Jeden

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Jesus, you're in a serious state of denial. It might look like a truly awful idea with no upside at the moment, but wait 50 years, it will be great!

Have you ever moved house? (assuming you have left your maw’s spare bedroom). It’s disruptive and stressful in the short term. But sometimes it’s what needs to be done for the long term good. You’d prefer to take major political decisions based on what’s best for the next few years only? Now that is selfish and a betrayal of the young.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Have you ever moved house? (assuming you have left your maw’s spare bedroom). It’s disruptive and stressful in the short term. But sometimes it’s what needs to be done for the long term good. You’d prefer to take major political decisions based on what’s best for the next few years only? Now that is selfish and a betrayal of the young.

I'm sure the young will be grateful for fucking up their prospects and freedoms for an unproven and unexplained theory that things might have picked up by the time they retire.

Edited by welshbairn