Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I know the COS is going to publish more on their verdict tomorrow which should be interesting.

Would it be fair to assume the Supreme Court will throw the whole thing out?

That's what my money would be on.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

The doctor was telling me this morning they are having problems getting their quota of flu vaccine delivered. (Mind you, it was the same last year.) It may, or may not, be Brexit related.

There was a piece last week somewhere saying that Australia has had its worst year for  flu for many years  - this is where "this year's model" tends to start, with us getting similar strains later in the year.

A particularly virulent strain of flu, coupled with shortages of medication, coupled with this year's NHS Crisis..

The only slight glimmer of hope there is the demographic that are going to cash in their chips. Yep, I've become the guy who now view the impending deaths of tens of thousands of human beings in terms of electoral impact. What the fúck is happening to us?

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You have to wonder at the wisdom of setting up a referendum aimed at letting the people decide whether or not they wish to remain in the EU - given that even now, so many simply do not understand what the EU is responsible for, and not responsible for.

This is the problem in a nutshell. I like to think I pay attention - tediously so according to Mrs WRK - and I had to choose a least worst option. Nobodywith a modicum of common sense would argue that the EU was the best of all possible situations. Equally, no-one with a functioning brain would think that by cutting all ties (not just trade) the UK would become Utopia.

Unfortunately, common sense and a functioning brain are not required to qualify to vote.

I see Universal Suffrage as one of the greatest marks of a civilisation, but some of these first-and-only-time-voter mouthbreathers make me seriously question whether there should be some sort of qualifying measure introduced.

12 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

If i were a betting man, i'm with you on that.  If they don't, it will open up another Scotland - England stooshie, the likes of which was displayed yesterday.

You can see it already:

So a the real court has shown that those haggis munchers were WRONG!!!!  now get back in your tartan shortbread box

How can they expect to run a country by themselves if they cant get this right.  Let them sink I say.

biased scots purposely wasting time.  Epic fail.

hAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! tHIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOURE COUNTRY IS RUN BY DRUNKS

Half of them wont live long enough to see brexit happen... which will finally be next month, lol.

Scotland thought it had some relevance for a few days.  Bless. 

You really think they won’t find a way to cooperate post Brexit? How does Norway cope btw?
On the plus side, maybe we’ll be spared European Arrest Warrant requests for Catalan politicians who have committed the horrendous crime of holding a referendum.

No I dont think without a negotiated deal we would get anything other than interpol assistance requests and even then these are not always prioritised. There is absolutely no way the information will continue to flow in the absence of some kind of agreement.

The English Meeja this morning seem to be obsessed with the fact that BoJo might have lied to the Queen.
It's like all his other lies have now become insignificant.
I mean lying to the Queen? Are there any worse crimes in humanity than that?
If found guilty, what should happen to him?

I think the only fair response is to have him executed. Since his own cabinet seems in favour of the death penalty.

30 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There was a piece last week somewhere saying that Australia has had its worst year for  flu for many years  - this is where "this year's model" tends to start, with us getting similar strains later in the year.

A particularly virulent strain of flu, coupled with shortages of medication, coupled with this year's NHS Crisis..

The only slight glimmer of hope there is the demographic that are going to cash in their chips. Yep, I've become the guy who now view the impending deaths of tens of thousands of human beings in terms of electoral impact. What the fúck is happening to us?

Once the flu hits and I haven't logged on for a couple of weeks, your wish will be becoming true...

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

There's a story running now about a father's fear for his daughter who's life-saving medicine for helping her body deal with her new kidney after a transplant ran out at the hospital he goes to collect from, so ended up going to Bristol to source the medication there. The concern that the likes of hospitals are not stocked with supplies ready for the possibility of a no deal exit. My opinion - saving money, budget etc.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/brexit-fears-dad-after-being-16907787

It's poor now and has been for years and it could get worse. It's an example of the problems many people could face from the possibility of a brexigeddon.

If the drug in question is ciclosporin, which is used as an immunosuppresant and assists patients' bodies from rejecting the new organ(s), then this is a big problem for the girl.  It treats a variety of illnesses, so its not just organ recipients who will potentially suffer.  Hope she gets whatever drug it is.

If only we knew someone who could put £350m a week into the NHS, then problem solved.   

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The Spectator's Graham Gudgin raises some observations about Yellowhammer.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/yellowhammer-is-yet-another-part-of-project-fear/

I get the impression Yellowhammer can be debunked with a few facts.

If this had have been issued prior to the Scottish Independence Referendum by the (British) government, it would be getting debunked on here as Project Fear. 

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The Spectator's Graham Gudgin raises some observations about Yellowhammer.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/yellowhammer-is-yet-another-part-of-project-fear/

I get the impression Yellowhammer can be debunked with a few facts.

He runs a pro Brexit website, so isn't entirely neutral.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/

Anyone who does not agree with you Scottish nationalists are trolling, thick as f**k, British c***s and get called minter or the latest for me bendonover. Very mature.
Fucking lovely open, friendly,welcoming people.

Didn’t you admit to marrying a complete thicko, before saying she was the more intelligent out of the two?

55 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

You can see it already:

So a the real court has shown that those haggis munchers were WRONG!!!!  now get back in your tartan shortbread box

How can they expect to run a country by themselves if they cant get this right.  Let them sink I say.

biased scots purposely wasting time.  Epic fail.

hAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! tHIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOURE COUNTRY IS RUN BY DRUNKS

Half of them wont live long enough to see brexit happen... which will finally be next month, lol.

Scotland thought it had some relevance for a few days.  Bless.

Do you receive payment from the Daily Mail for filling their comments section or do you do it for nothing for the sheer entertainment value of making us think that people really think like that?...

Astonishingly accurate portrayal of things.

50 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think the only fair response is to have him executed. Since his own cabinet seems in favour of the death penalty.

On the face of it execution is a bit harsh, however if we shoot him dead and leave him in a ditch it’s win win.

The medicine thing seems like complete nonsense to me.

The Berlin airlift kept West Berlin supplied with everything for 11 months. The idea that the government can't coordinate with Pharma companies to get medicine over the channel is absolutely absurd. They clearly have the resources to do that.