Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The medicine thing seems like complete nonsense to me.

The Berlin airlift kept West Berlin supplied with everything for 11 months. The idea that the government can't coordinate with Pharma companies to get medicine over the channel is absolutely absurd. They clearly have the resources to do that.

Unless you live beside an airport, problem solved:

drone.jpg

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Berlin airlift kept West Berlin supplied with everything for 11 months. The idea that the government can't coordinate with Pharma companies to get medicine over the channel is absolutely absurd. They clearly have the resources to do that.

I'm sure everything is possible at a price but what a fucking waste.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

There's a story running now about a father's fear for his daughter who's life-saving medicine for helping her body deal with her new kidney after a transplant ran out at the hospital he goes to collect from, so ended up going to Bristol to source the medication there. The concern that the likes of hospitals are not stocked with supplies ready for the possibility of a no deal exit. My opinion - saving money, budget etc.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/brexit-fears-dad-after-being-16907787

It's poor now and has been for years and it could get worse. It's an example of the problems many people could face from the possibility of a brexigeddon.

After my recent regular check-up and refill at the local hospital, two of my five prescription items were out of stock, and had to be collected two days later. While I was waiting for what they did have, four other patients were given "IOUs" rather than the medication they obviously need.

The drugs I'm on now aren't particularly heavy duty, so I'm just slightly inconvenienced. If this shitstorm was coming over the horizon when I was undergoing my cancer treatment, I would have been properly apprehensive.

Airdropping in medicine like they do in 3rd world countries is the best idea we’ve got.

Brexit is well on track.

But....but......we’ve got The Failing Grayling Ferry Line for this sort of thing, don’t we ???
☹️

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

operation P{lainfare/Vittles, with planes arriving sometimes at  rate of more than one a minute, brought in 4500 or so tons a day. The Raf currently has around 130 transport aircraft - and more than half of those are the smaller payload, slower choppers. The airlift supplied all sorts, we'd just need meds. But rather than the less than two million population localised in a very small area, we'd need these drugs to be dispersed to almost forty times as many people living all over the islands. I can't be arsed working out where all the fucking fuel is going to come from.

Still, at least we've moved on from WWII references to the Cold War. Some kind of progress, I suppose.

Oh, and BLLLLUUUUUEEEEEEPAAAAAASSSSSPOOOOORRRTS!

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I find it interesting and disturbing how even the central and moderate right wingers of politics are being removed from the government, like a purge and the far right are slowly grasping power within the chaos, shutting down democracy and creating a power vacuum which can leave few or just one alternative. Interesting and disturbing because something similar happened in Germany during the late 20's and 30's.

Interesting that the supposedly rabidly right wing BBC is showing series stuffed full of analogies and parallels at the moment called The Rise of the Nazis. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Interesting that the supposedly rabidly right wing BBC is showing series stuffed full of analogies and parallels at the moment called The Rise of the Nazis. 

That's just to soften us up...

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I have already explained the issues with drug supply. We don't produce many drugs in the UK. Pharmaceuticals are highly regulated with tightly controlled and documented supply lines. There are major worldwide issues with counterfeit drugs, some of which have made it into the UK, despite the regulations. Supply chains must ensure the drugs are appropriately stored at appropriate temperatures and that this is recorded. Many drugs cannot be stockpiled. We have current shortages of key drugs, a weak pound will encourage speculators to buy drugs in the UK for export abroad. Guaranteeing quality and reliability of supply is going to be a significant challenge, given we follow EU regulations currently.

Edited by Cyclizine

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
47 minutes ago, Detournement said:

t.

operation P{lainfare/Vittles, with planes arriving sometimes at  rate of more than one a minute, brought in 4500 or so tons a day. The Raf currently has around 130 transport aircraft - and more than half of those are the smaller payload, slower choppers. The airlift supplied all sorts, we'd just need meds. But rather than the less than two million population localised in a very small area, we'd need these drugs to be dispersed to a

The government could use boats as well as planes or put on special medicine trains to go through the tunnel.

Medicines already get distributed throughout the country so that's a non issue.

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The government could use boats as well as planes or put on special medicine trains to go through the tunnel.

Medicines already get distributed throughout the country so that's a non issue.

We managed during the Blitz, we can get through this by Jiminy! Why we would voluntarily create this mess and huge expense is beyond me though.

Edited by welshbairn