Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

38 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

She went down to Aldis earlier and picked up 4 bottles of this one which will just about keep me in.
1019051220_Wild-Bills-Ale.jpg.ced657d537cee4f26cdcc4f36f710c57.jpg

Had that quite a few times from Aldi. It's nice and very reasonably priced. Enjoy!!

You and your pigeons have got good taste.

:guinness

18 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I'm not even being flippant when I say airdrop propaganda into the most shit headed towns a la WW2. Just this time it'll be negative. No one's telling me wee baws Farage isn't still seething Scotland told the burd he fancies that he's a two pump chump. He'll take up the fuckwit concern.

Irrelevant, last year 52% of the energy England and Wales imported came from Scotland.  That figure will only rise. England's water needs are set to double by 2050, they are already 25% under resourced.  Guess what we've got lots of?  96% of their oil, 70% of their gas.  £13.50 from every £16 bottle of whisky goes straight to the exchequer, the number one food export of the UK is Scottish salmon, number one drink export is whisky. 

Top four commodities exported are unrefined oil, refined oil, unrefined gas, refined gas.  Where do these come from?  They'll never grant another independence referendum, its out of the question, they simply can't afford to.

The only possibility is a hung parliament where Labour simply can't pass legislation without SNP support in a confidence and supply arrangement.  That's the only scenario in which indyref2 can happen.  The only other would be a supreme court ruling that the Scottish government don't require a section 30 order to hold one, which WOS and others said they should have pursued immediately three years ago when May said now is not the time.  He was correct about that but its too late now, could have had the ruling by now and named the date.

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

So, after the 52:48 result in the 1979 Scottish Devolution referendum, we had a devolved assumbly set up in Edinburgh?

The majority voted for it, after all.

The rules are different for Scotland, the Queen never gives an opinion on political matters, except when it comes to the possibility of Scotland becoming a self-governing entity.

I'm not quoting all that, but tbh it's almost adorable that you think common sense is driving these fucking morons. And I mean the electorate, not the c***s that couldn't give a flying f**k at a rolling doughnut how many people in England live in shit smeared squalor.

58 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This. Millions of people saying “oh just get on with it and GET US OUT BORIS emoji636.png ” with no regard to the repercussions. They are blinded by their rabid desire.

Other than Scottish Independence, my one remaining hope regarding Brexit is trolling the utter f**k out of leave voters when the repercussions start biting them personally and financially. I will absolutely fucking love that. 

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

15.  Upsurge in Scottish nationalism leading to a post-general election independence referendum, which all government polls suggest will result in a majority voting for Scottish independence.  Significant decrease in tax revenues to Westminster suggested to be in the order of ~£30 billion per annum, resulting in cuts to the NHS and armed forces.  Daily Mail readers to over-run cardiology departments as a result with a reduction in readership leading to the closure of this particular media firm, resulting in further job losses.

The Mail going tits up would be good. The readership, however, would find another rag to cling to. There's no shortage of said rags.

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Lads, this is all about me - an idiot who went to Scotland's eighth worst school - being a genius of political theory. Please no more replies unless they're sensible 

Need to run this back. Apparently Forries is now up to 303 of 339, and god bless all those who got 5 highers to bring that up.

Four highers and a year's worth of getting out of their tits at uni in Middlesbrough not good enough for them apparently. DdHDBUq.png

Yellowhammer documents from 2nd August released. Below is some of the highlights.... Welcome to No Deal Brexit.

- 3/4 of all medication comes from europe and supplies could be significantly depleted for 6 months. Additional checks on all medical supplies travelling across border. Not practical to stock pile.
- Decrease in fresh foods and risk of panic buying.
- water supply: failure in the chemical supply chain
- no sharing of law enforcement.
- UK residents travelling in
- 85% of lorries may bot be able to travel. Disruption for the first 3-6 months of at least 2 days.
- significant amounts of civil unrest.
- no ability currently to police uk and scottish fishing waters.

The law enforcement one is one which worries me that perhaps people don’t know the full impact of. For example If someone commits a serious offence in Scotland and fucks off to Spain we won’t have law enforcement co-operation. We also won’t have access to the apparatus which allows us to check european previous convictions, something that is used to remove murderers and sex offenders from europe who are found in the UK. The lack of access to information and cooperation is staggering particularly when you assess the impact on people trafficking and serious and organised crime investigations, that all stops the second we leave the EU because nothing has been agreed. Mental that people think this is a good thing.

I've always stated my reason for voting for Brexit and Yes in IndyRef1 was for less government and being in control of our destiny, Smaller Government, bin off EU parliament, HoC.

So, it would achieve that. Call it taking back control. Possibly we would look to give it back to Brussels though with Indyref2 but if that's what the country decides then I would accept it.

So we leave the EU, financially everyone is significantly worse off. People you know are likely to lose their jobs? The food you eat is going to be more expensive. But thats ok because taking back control? Really?

4 hours ago, zidane's child said:

They’ll still say the usual bollock of “this is scaremongering” and “Whitehall is full of Remoaners.”

You can’t change these people sadly.

Thing is, Whitehall is full of Remoaners.

They're Remoaners because they, more than anyone else, know what's going on and what happens next.

You know those t-shirts that say 'bomb disposal technician - if you see me running try to keep up'? When you see the folk in charge of food imports and exports stockpiling food, it's time to stockpile food.

8 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Our friends down south don't like us anymore.

I have every sympathy with the bloke on the left.  There is definitely a case to be made for a post-Brexit independent Scotland, especially if it has aspirations to join the EU.  The big shame is that the case is being made by a shower of vile xenophobes who are every bit the measure of their loathsome Brexit-voting cousins.

A credible independence movement has got to be uncoupled from the discredited SNP and become pluralistic in character.  Rattling the shortbread tin and screaming, "f**k off you British c**t" just won't cut the mustard.

Edited by The_Kincardine

39 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have every sympathy with the bloke on the left.  There is definitely a case to be made for a post-Brexit independent Scotland, especially if it has aspirations to join the EU.  The big shame is that the case is being made by a shower of vile xenophobes who are every bit the measure of their loathsome Brexit-voting cousins.

A credible independence movement has got to be uncoupled from the discredited SNP and become pluralistic in character.  Rattling the shortbread tin and screaming, "f**k off you British c**t" just won't cut the mustard.

f**k off you British c**t