Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Pretty much every legal expert thinks that the Supreme court will side with the verdict of the English courts on this, simply because of the way the law is interpreted in different countries. 

However, there's no doubt that this has been a significant, humiliating kick in the nads for Johnson, and is a 'dinnae mess with us' reminder of major constitutional fights still to come. 

Read this elswhere -

The UKSC of course sits above the Scottish Court of Session but it can only overturn a judgment where the Court of Session has erred in Scots Law; i.e. the UKSC must apply ScotsLaw when considering an appeal to a judgment of the Scottish Court of Session.
As it stands, I can't see that the judges have wrongly applied Scots Law.

If there's ever a Scottish independence equivalent of the 'Chronicles of the Banter Years' thread, the following can simply be copied and pasted:

11th September 2019:  Any claims that the UK is a "partnership of equals" by Better Together and the UK Government are fully extinguished by England's seething reaction to Scotland's highest civil court unanimously ruling that the UK government has acted unlawfully by falsifying information given to the Queen.  No10 initially claims that the Scottish judges are politically biased, only to double-down on their original suggestions to avoid political meltdown.

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Read this elswhere -

The UKSC of course sits above the Scottish Court of Session but it can only overturn a judgment where the Court of Session has erred in Scots Law; i.e. the UKSC must apply ScotsLaw when considering an appeal to a judgment of the Scottish Court of Session.

It's opening up a legal can of worms, but the appeal of the Gina Miller case will be applied to E&W law whereas the Joanna Cherry case must be heard under Scots law. The remainers have made an error by having Gina Miller take action in England, if only the Cherry case had been heard, then it's almost certain parliament would have to be recalled.

The problem now is that the court will likely rule prorogation is only applicable to English and Welsh MPs. The 59 Scottish MPs may be allowed back in to a nearly empty parliament and the SNP would become the government of the entire UK. Almost certainly some kind of fudge will be put through to avoid this situation.

11 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Read this elswhere -

That is REALLY interesting.

It's opening up a legal can of worms, but the appeal of the Gina Miller case will be applied to E&W law whereas the Joanna Cherry case must be heard under Scots law. The remainers have made an error by having Gina Miller take action in England, if only the Cherry case had been heard, then it's almost certain parliament would have to be recalled.

The problem now is that the court will likely rule prorogation is only applicable to English and Welsh MPs. The 59 Scottish MPs may be allowed back in to a nearly empty parliament and the SNP would become the government of the entire UK. Almost certainly some kind of fudge will be put through to avoid this situation.

The ‘Only Show in Town’ again? Or does that not apply seeing as Eck and Angus got emptied by the Tories?

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm convinced that the Sinn Fein MP's are biding their time, and will turn up in Westminster when parliament unprorogues itself.

That would be magnificent.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

45 post Brexit trade agreements now agreed. Real action by this Government whilst the opposition just delay but offer no solution.

f**k me 😅

I assume that the questions are reviewed beforehand but I'd quite like to ask Boris his opinion on whether his leadership so far has in any way helped hedge funds who are shorting the pound in the People's PMQs at 5 live on facebook and twitter.

Then ask for a list of his financial backers in the Tory leadership race and their links to hedge funds.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Reads like one my work mates who's a serial troll on the Daily Mail comments section. This is good work if it gets a few bites.

Hat's off to your mate. Sounds like quite a challenge.

5 minutes in the Comments section is amusing and entertaining. Any longer just makes you despair.