Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

They bullied him into holding a referendum. They bullied him to run a lousy campaign and ultimately they beat him. Reading about his sour grapes does not excuse all the mistakes he made or make me think better of him. A truly weak leader.

Totally lacking in self awareness as well.

Q. Why do you want to be PM -  A. Because I'd be rather good at it.  :unsure:

39 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The gammons are having a go at the RNLI for spending money overseas teaching people how not to drown emoji23.png

30 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

There will be a significant number of these folk who will describe themselves as Christian.

Is nobody, nobody AT ALL going to pick La Swinson up on her delusion of what she's going to do WHEN THE LIBDEMS FORM THE NEXT GOVERNMENT?

I'd be quite surprised if, even after grabbing a few Southern Tory seats, these chancers don't end up with a net loss in the next GE. Umunna and Lee, for a start, are going to get a rude awakening. As will Queen Jo, if she doesn't get her arse into whatever passes for a safe seat for this lot.

46 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Is nobody, nobody AT ALL going to pick La Swinson up on her delusion of what she's going to do WHEN THE LIBDEMS FORM THE NEXT GOVERNMENT?

I'd be quite surprised if, even after grabbing a few Southern Tory seats, these chancers don't end up with a net loss in the next GE. Umunna and Lee, for a start, are going to get a rude awakening. As will Queen Jo, if she doesn't get her arse into whatever passes for a safe seat for this lot.

Agreed. She may actually lose some voters who believe that the referendum result must be overturned in a 'democratic' fashion. i.e. another ref.

For many, voting LibDem as a way of seeming to be democratic would be a step too far. It would enrage the leavers if it were simply cancelled , which probably would cause a bit of civil unrest.  {even if tear gas, plastic bullets, [maybe real ones if the Paras involved] batons  and water cannon* hitting the leavers would be nice to watch).

*I know, the cannon have been sold.

15 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Agreed. She may actually lose some voters who believe that the referendum result must be overturned in a 'democratic' fashion. i.e. another ref.

For many, voting LibDem as a way of seeming to be democratic would be a step too far. It would enrage the leavers if it were simply cancelled , which probably would cause a bit of civil unrest.  {even if tear gas, plastic bullets, [maybe real ones if the Paras involved] batons  and water cannon* hitting the leavers would be nice to watch).

*I know, the cannon have been sold.

We've still got ours. Then again, they might be needed here.

36 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

We've still got ours. Then again, they might be needed here.

I was going to ask, but you seem to have confirmed it. Fine for the Irish, not acceptable on the mainland. Yet another way the province is treated differently. No doubt Arlene will be having a pop about that, as well as abortion and those bloody gobby gays...