Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

It used to be easy to put a rational argument for the Union, until England elected a leader backed by the far right fringes of the Tory party with the mantra of "Fuck Business", and pulled us out of the most successful trading bloc on the planet.

The mantra from Raab and co is "its the Eu's fault" in reference to custom checks etc

It used to be easy to put a rational argument for the Union, until England elected a leader backed by the far right fringes of the Tory party with the mantra of "Fuck Business", and pulled us out of the most successful trading bloc on the planet.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A leader, led and guided by this utter moron :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2100656/Video-Dominic-Cummings-snaps-reporter-interviewing-Brexit-night.html

50 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The mantra from Raab and co is "its the Eu's fault" in reference to custom checks etc

I heard him this morning on Marr saying that Tusk was very" Un-European in backing secessionists and separatists" when commenting on Scotland. Is the UK leaving the EU not also "secessionist and separatist"  and his lifetime ambition as a leaver has succeeded? 

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

As someone said, I don't believe 52% of the country are racists. But racists now think 52% of the country agree with them.

And the 52% have done precisely f**k all to disabuse them of that opinion. 

i think essentially people are stupid as f**k and almost completely pliable. History is littered with examples of this. So if you want to get a majority of people to believe say that the earth is flat, if your information sources repeatedly and consistently tell you the earth is flat, eventually that's what a majority of people will believe. 

The media in the UK have done this with foreigners, so I would say at this point a majority of people in the UK, though I'm proud to say not Scotland, are actually racists, at least tacitly. Everyone has a level of unconscious bias and prejudice, this has been played on, cultivated and encouraged by a right wing media, now it is being unleashed on society.  We are genuinely in the early stages of fascism.

5 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

i think essentially people are stupid as f**k and almost completely pliable. History is littered with examples of this. So if you want to get a majority of people to believe say that the earth is flat, if your information sources repeatedly and consistently tell you the earth is flat, eventually that's what a majority of people will believe. 

The media in the UK have done this with foreigners, so I would say at this point a majority of people in the UK, though I'm proud to say not Scotland, are actually racists, at least tacitly. Everyone has a level of unconscious bias and prejudice, this has been played on, cultivated and encouraged by a right wing media, now it is being unleashed on society.  We are genuinely in the early stages of fascism.

How do you explain that? It's the same media.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think the level of uptake of right wing press like the Daily Heil, Express, Telegraph and even Spectator, as well as the influence of figures like Farage, Hartley-Brewer etc is nearly as much up here. Farage is a hero down south, he was literally chased out of Edinburgh the one time he visited.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Anti-intellectualism, promoted by populists, is one of the traits that is driving Westernised democracies to a very dark place.

Whilst social media should be a great equaliser in addressing the misinformation and scaremongering that is encouraging populism and anti-intellectualism it doesn’t seem to be working that way.

Social Media. 

Everyone has an equal voice . . . Hurrah!

Oh f**k . . . 

As someone said, I don't believe 52% of the country are racists. But racists now think 52% of the country agree with them.
And the 52% have done precisely f**k all to disabuse them of that opinion. 

It would be wrong to say that everyone who voted for Brexit is racist. In saying that, if you’re a racist in Britain, I bet you voted for Brexit.

10 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't think people are stupid but they are easily swayed on any issue where they have no real opinion of their own.

This is why film critics have a job.  They express an opinion on a film you haven't seen so you can decide if you want to see it  Similarly all other critics (books, food and so on).

People using TripAdvisor or similar sites look at reviews by other people they have probably never met.

In the case of Europe, I think a lot of people had no real opinion on the EU and that is why they were so impressionable. A hostile press in England played a big part in that.

11 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

11 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't think the level of uptake of right wing press like the Daily Heil, Express, Telegraph and even Spectator, as well as the influence of figures like Farage, Hartley-Brewer etc is nearly as much up here. Farage is a hero down south, he was literally chased out of Edinburgh the one time he visited.

So Scots are brainwashed too, just by a different branch of the media?