Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Singapore is renowned for money laundering as are some other former British colonies like Cyprus and the Seychelles. The good o!d US of A is no stranger to these kinds of escapades. Puerto Rico's pseudo-colonial status has its uses for America's 1% just as Jersey and the Cayman Islands do for the UK's.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Are west coast creelers OK out of this? WTO was going to destroy the industry, can they export without vet checks etc?

My father in law is still trying to find out exactly what is going to be happening. There will be more paperwork, but hopeful the vet sign off might not be necessary. The devil is in the detail.

Are west coast creelers OK out of this? WTO was going to destroy the industry, can they export without vet checks etc?
Was asking my family still involved this very question. Simple answer is that they need actual expert analysis of the "deal" document. In principle you would think it will still allow for at least a period of unfettered access to their main markets but the devil will be in the detail.

The more immediate issue is C19 closing restaurants across Europe and hence very little demand. They need reopening on a Europe wide basis come the spring or they are screwed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/27/boris-johnson-admits-brexit-deal-falls-short-for-financial-services

All through Christmas Eve's universal positivity about the deal, the question left unanswered was which side was trying to sell a pig in a poke to its citizens. Lo and behold, it turns out to be Gammonland. An absolutely humiliating fold if they can't even make it work for the city of London's interests, while welching on their beloved fishermen.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/27/boris-johnson-admits-brexit-deal-falls-short-for-financial-services

All through Christmas Eve's universal positivity about the deal, the question left unanswered was which side was trying to sell a pig in a poke to its citizens. Lo and behold, it turns out to be Gammonland. An absolutely humiliating fold if they can't even make it work for the city of London's interests, while welching on their beloved fishermen.

I like Johnson letting the Tory masterplan out of the bag here:

"All that’s really saying is the UK won’t immediately send children up chimneys or pour raw sewage all over its beaches,”

My "not immediately sending children  up chimneys" t-shirt is prompting a lot of questions already answered by my shirt
That is absolutely a case of someone opening their big fat stupid mouth and saying far more than intended. His hyperbole simply made my mind go immediately to the erosion of workers rights and environmental commitments, and him going for the extreme end of those pretty much confirms to me that everything up until those is fair game.

Cue gammon idiots responding to such concerns with "but he has already said he wouldnt....."

What a shame that England getting exactly what they deserve has to radiate so strongly onto us.