Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

19 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/07/british-ports-say-they-are-not-ready-for-brexit-customs-checks

British ports say they are not ready for Brexit customs checks
Construction only just started at the key livestock port of Portsmouth, while the facility at Dover is just ‘a muddy field’

*shocked face emoji*

nothing-to-see-here.jpg.f86c1f32b21e80cbf99628e39a042f0d.jpg

@Baxter Parp

Thanks for posting that. Should be posted far and wide. The figures are horrendous. In case anybody doesn't look at the follow-on tweet 

Food industry exports to EU in Jan 2021:

🐟🦐Fish & shellfish exports down 83%

🥩Meat exports down 59%

🧀Dairy exports down 50%

Seafood is the UK’s biggest food export. To be clear, none of that was stockpiled & we haven’t seen that level of fall until Brexit hit.

A horror show.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

UK to depart from GDPR

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/uk-to-depart-from-gdpr/5107685.article

Heaven forfend that data holders have some responsibility, right?

2 hours ago, btb said:

Blue passports and a battery factory to supply Nissan Sunderland, makes it all worthwhile though....:whistle

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Who would have thought that coming out the customs union and single market would have led to anything like this?

Not to worry though, Liz Truss was on TV earlier saying that we're very close to a major deal with the US.

Can I predict here and now that Brexit will prove to be this government's downfall. 

30 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Can I predict here and now that Brexit will prove to be this government's downfall. 

You think their voters will blame them for anything that goes wrong? They'll blame the same people they always blame - foreigners and remoaners.

35 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You think their voters will blame them for anything that goes wrong? They'll blame the same people they always blame - foreigners and remoaners.

They probably will, although it would appear that many seafood/shellfish exporters are now beginning to think that perhaps Brexit wasn't such a good idea after all.

Going out of business wasn't quite what they were promised in the grand scheme of things.

Everything will be blamed on Covid.

Besides the death, the misery caused by restrictions, this is one of the most infuriating things about the timing of the Pandemic. 

Arse fallen out of the economy? - due to Covid19

Yet more ideologically driven austerity? - due to Covid19

Social unrest and division? - due to Covid19

Mental health crisis? - due to Covid19

It's basically going to be played as a 'get out of jail free' card by the incompetent and corrupt scum that orchestrated Brexit, act with total impunity in office then brazen it out when caught, and have the cheek to hail frontline workers as heroes and them offer them nothing but claps and a derisory 1% pay rise for risking life and limb.

The most sickening thing is that if it's wrapped in a union flag, accompanied by a spitfire flypast and some vague references to Churchill and the Blitz, it'll be lapped up and the same idiots who enabled this will re-elect the Tories in yet another astonishingly ignorant act of egregious self-harm.

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They probably will, although it would appear that many seafood/shellfish exporters are now beginning to think that perhaps Brexit wasn't such a good idea after all.

Going out of business wasn't quite what they were promised in the grand scheme of things.

It's a tiny bit of the UK workforce and it's localised to a handful of towns. The supply chain, like the fish factories, is mostly non-UK workers. It's a cold bucket of sick for those involved but the rest will just shrug it off and blame the French.

8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Who would have thought that coming out the customs union and single market would have led to anything like this?

Not to worry though, Liz Truss was on TV earlier saying that we're very close to a major deal with the US.

Celebrations on the way for our cheesemakers? 🧀:king

Liz Truss : We Import 2/3rds of Our Cheese!!! WATCH 👑 THE DIANA CLONE 🌹on AMAZON - YouTube

Exports down 40%.  Great effort, some things you can let go as time passes but I will never forget the stupidity of those that voted for Brexit and of course the manipulative perfidious lying b*****ds that facilitated the whole shameful event.   May they rot in their own piss.

Taking back control...

Exports down 40%.  Great effort, some things you can let go as time passes but I will never forget the stupidity of those that voted for Brexit and of course the manipulative perfidious lying b*****ds that facilitated the whole shameful event.   May they rot in their own piss.
Taking back control...

Absolutely agree. The anger I feel towards the electorate of this country is of a magnitude I've never felt before. The double whammy of brexit and the last GE because we're a massively racist society and Corbyn had a beard respectively have made me question the wisdom of universal suffrage - something I never thought would happen.

Taking back control...

He's talking to you Granny

Absolutely agree. The anger I feel towards the electorate of this country is of a magnitude I've never felt before. The double whammy of brexit and the last GE because we're a massively racist society and Corbyn had a beard respectively have made me question the wisdom of universal suffrage - something I never thought would happen.
Completely agree with this post, but to add the media are scum..anyone who dares to threaten the establishment e.g. Corbyn & Sturgeon is demonized ferociously by the BBC and other state brand. And the British public just lap it up.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Tynierose said:
Taking back control...

He's talking to you Granny

:lol: