Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I was genuinely terrified there for a second. Not gonna lie.

You might have a point. According to an renowned expert, we import two-thirds of our cheese. THAT IS A DISGRACE.

Not sure about pineapples. We've probably got a big plantation on the Hebrides, or something.

8 hours ago, HTG said:

In the case of Ghana, she's trumpeted the deal as worth £1.2bn. In fact it's a rollover of the EU deal and is worth no more than the value of what existed within the EU. What's actually happened is that it prevents the loss of £1.2bn of trade. She's a duplicitous halfwit. 

I thought because, you know we brought civilisation to them and we're all Commonwealth buddies and Her Majesty and that, the UK might actually have got a better deal with Ghana than the EU.

Rees Mogg should dispatch a gunboat.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/eu-vows-legal-response-to-u-k-violation-of-irish-brexit-accord-1.1571761

EU Vows Legal Response to U.K. Violation of Irish Brexit Accord

The British announcement that it will take unilateral action on trade rules relating to Northern Ireland marks the second time Prime Minister Boris Johnson has declared he intends to breach international law, Sefcovic said Wednesday.

Oh dear.

Sefcovic is from Slovakia, a small country that, when it separated from a richer neighbour, pundits said would struggle economically and here it is a member of the EU with one of their own representatives getting it up the oh so mighty UK.

Hmm...

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/eu-vows-legal-response-to-u-k-violation-of-irish-brexit-accord-1.1571761

EU Vows Legal Response to U.K. Violation of Irish Brexit Accord

The British announcement that it will take unilateral action on trade rules relating to Northern Ireland marks the second time Prime Minister Boris Johnson has declared he intends to breach international law, Sefcovic said Wednesday.

Oh dear.

I wonder what the EU will actually do.  I think their problem is that the only options they have are nuclear ones that they would be reluctant to use, that said if they do nothing that will be interpreted as impotence.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I wonder what the EU will actually do.  I think their problem is that the only options they have are nuclear ones that they would be reluctant to use, that said if they do nothing that will be interpreted as impotence.

Fart in our general direction?

There's a Sun story for you.

"Brit scientists are speculating that a cloud of smog currently crossing the English Channel may be made of FARTS floated over by angry Frenchies. Our Gallic neighbours are apparently FURIOUS about Boris' plan to outfox disgruntled EU chiefs by breaking unfair trade agreements FORCED upon Britain"

Anyone got a headline to include? I bet they'd pay upwards of £5 for this shite.

19 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Good news today in that the US has lifted tariffs on Scotch whisky and other products.

Especially helpful to Scotland.

A Brexit plus.

Suspended, but yes, a plus point for brexit. 

Brexit currently trailing by several thousand points to two. 

On 04/03/2021 at 00:14, BFTD said:

There's a Sun story for you.

"Brit scientists are speculating that a cloud of smog currently crossing the English Channel may be made of FARTS floated over by angry Frenchies. Our Gallic neighbours are apparently FURIOUS about Boris' plan to outfox disgruntled EU chiefs by breaking unfair trade agreements FORCED upon Britain"

Anyone got a headline to include? I bet they'd pay upwards of £5 for this shite.

"Sacre PHEW"

I claim my five nicker

45 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

"Sacre PHEW"

I claim my five nicker

Tremendous work.

Stick with me, kid, and I'll make you a star. And by star, I mean a minimum wage jobber in a dying industry.

There is a deliberate and concerted effort by the Tory government to invoke a response from the EU.  In hindsight a move like this on the back of a cobbled together disaster of a deal was probably inevitable.

If the EU fail to respond in a quick and appropriate manner their credibility is fucked.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-56294309

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/07/british-ports-say-they-are-not-ready-for-brexit-customs-checks

British ports say they are not ready for Brexit customs checks
Construction only just started at the key livestock port of Portsmouth, while the facility at Dover is just ‘a muddy field’

*shocked face emoji*