Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

When the fig leaf of Covid has gone I wonder what excuses the Brexiteers will come up with.

'Still reeling from the long-term effects of Covid'

They are still blaming stuff on the global crash of 2008, despite the fact that the things the UK is supposedly still experiencing are issues that other countries had fully resolved by 2010.

Anything to deflect from the fact that the UK has been incompetently mismanaged for decades.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
Absolutely agree. The anger I feel towards the electorate of this country is of a magnitude I've never felt before. The double whammy of brexit and the last GE because we're a massively racist society and Corbyn had a beard respectively have made me question the wisdom of universal suffrage - something I never thought would happen.

Completely agree with this post, but to add the media are scum..anyone who dares to threaten the establishment e.g. Corbyn & Sturgeon is demonized ferociously by the BBC and other state brand. And the British public just lap it up.

That'll be the same media that gives Sturgeon a free party political broadcast daily in the guise of a Covid briefing and a supine Scottish press which makes no attempt to question her utterances.

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

That'll be the same media that gives Sturgeon a free party political broadcast daily in the guise of a Covid briefing and a supine Scottish press which makes no attempt to question her utterances.

Look again at the briefing and you'll see that it is the journalists asking the political questions.

The problem for you is that Nicola is the best politician in the uk and gets the better constantly of the Blurt and other party leaders, you really need to find someone of Nicola's calibre otherwise you will remain Also Rans.

Is this satire? The Covid report is apolitical and OFCOM approved while the Scottish press is 90% hostile to Sturgeon and independence.

19 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

UK to depart from GDPR

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/uk-to-depart-from-gdpr/5107685.article

Heaven forfend that data holders have some responsibility, right?

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/internet-connection-records-ip-act 

It's pretty obvious what direction this is heading in. Full scale internet surveillance will allow the government to create profiles of everyone in the country and eventually blacklists of politically undesirable people. 

Social Credit is coming.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/internet-connection-records-ip-act 
It's pretty obvious what direction this is heading in. Full scale internet surveillance will allow the government to create profiles of everyone in the country and eventually blacklists of politically undesirable people. 
Social Credit is coming.

You're just trying too hard now [emoji23]

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Look again at the briefing and you'll see that it is the journalists asking the political questions.

The problem for you is that Nicola is the best politician in the uk and gets the better constantly of the Blurt and other party leaders, you really need to find someone of Nicola's calibre otherwise you will remain Also Rans.

I don't disagree with your point per se but would be less weird and creepy to read if you would call her Sturgeon, NS or even FM.....

I don't disagree with your point per se but would be less weird and creepy to read if you would call her Sturgeon, NS or even FM.....
Yet the vast majority of the UK, including swathes of the media, refer to the cűnt squatting in Number 10 as "Boris", when

A. His given name, and that used socially, is Al(exander), and
B. "That lying, sociopathic Tory bastàrd" would be far more appropriate.

Funny old world, innit?

Does BoJo really go by Al in private?  :lol:

What's up with that weird thing of going by your middle name anyway? I've known so many people who did it, and they've all been from a well-off background.

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Does BoJo really go by Al in private?  :lol:

What's up with that weird thing of going by your middle name anyway? I've known so many people who did it, and they've all been from a well-off background.

Maybe it developed from the aristocratic trend of giving your weans an obscure, ancestral first name, like Peregrine, or Xerxes, or Montague.

You can see why it wouldn’t go down well with the plebs if Nick Raynsford went by “Wyvill Richard Nicholls Raysnford”, and why George “mine’s a line of Peruvian dancing dust” Osborne preferred not to be known as Gideon.

In short, posh inbred mutants beget posh, inbred mutants. But now they try to hide their twattery, the better to gull idiots into giving them power. I can only imagine that Rees-Mogg, however, will insist his children continue to be known as Sixtus and Anselm when, inevitably, they’re ruling over our children and grandchildren.

When you see the Tory hounding of Sturgeon over the minuting of a meeting and then work through this string of lies, deceit and incompetence that underpins how this Tory govt actually works, you have to wonder at the nature of the contortion required by people like Davidson and her ilk. Get us tae f**k away from this lot  

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/14/the-observer-view-on-the-grim-effects-of-brexit-being-impossible-to-hide?__twitter_impression=true

For me Rees-Mogg typifies tories, only conservative voters and the tory party would gladly have him on board and in a senior position, sums it up really.

The man is a fuckin joke as is his boss, they must have a right laugh in Europe at Boris in his unkempt self neglect and the inability to comb his hair, and they must ask if he cannot look after himself how can he look after the country.

If he was standing outside a tube station you would probably toss him a 50p piece.

What is it two weeks ago now that he blatantly misled parliament which you would have thought he would have been taken to task over, do not but papers but certainly seems to have been very quiet about that  to add to his long list of misdemeanours, he needs to be taken to task.  

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

For me Rees-Mogg typifies tories, only conservative voters and the tory party would gladly have him on board and in a senior position, sums it up really.

The man is a fuckin joke as is his boss, they must have a right laugh in Europe at Boris in his unkempt self neglect and the inability to comb his hair, and they must ask if he cannot look after himself how can he look after the country.

If he was standing outside a tube station you would probably toss him a 50p piece.

Rees-Mogg is Leader of the House which is a glorified secretarial job in many ways as the role is to allot government business in the House. It was such an important role the PMs just used to do the role themselves. 

While the Leader of the House sits in Cabinet meetings the post was seen as a bit of a demotion in many ways for those who had previously been Ministers- Geoffrey Howe and Robin Cook being two who were shoved into the post after being Foreign Secretaries. 

No doubt the Conservative Chief Whip and Civil Servants do much of the paperwork and Jacob is kept as far away from buggering anything up as possible. 

Tl:Dr: faux posh empty vessel in non-job makes a lot of noise.

On 13/03/2021 at 20:04, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Yet the vast majority of the UK, including swathes of the media, refer to the cűnt squatting in Number 10 as "Boris", when

A. His given name, and that used socially, is Al(exander), and
B. "That lying, sociopathic Tory bastàrd" would be far more appropriate.

Funny old world, innit?

am not so sure the vast majority; maybe channels such as the DM, Express, Telegraph etc as well as Tory voters on social media - which I concede is a significant number in England. If someone on here was to continually refer to Johnson as Boris whilst defending him in a politics discussion forum, I would find it equally weird (particularly the defending/supporting part).