Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Local sausages are far better than mass produced factory stuff, I don't know why anybody is getting in a strop about not getting Tesco/Asda own brand sausages.

(I realise there is more, come here, to this chilled meat fiasco than sausages.)

The Great British Banger (tm)

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I would like to note that I live in the EU, and as a consequence my local import shop no longer has British sausages. Thank f**k therefore that Irish sausages are identical.

I'm stopping a night in Haarlem in October, they better have it sorted by then, Irish sausages are rank. Staying at Grote Markt, any good bars nearby?

On 05/07/2021 at 17:22, Fullerene said:

Yes indeed - and there are all sorts of sausages: Link Sausage, Lorne Sausage, Square Sausage.  The list goes on. 

Somebody could even start a new thread about it all. 😊

I take it that all the Brexit shenanigans wont affect the production of sliced sausage with black pudding in the middle? 😛😋

(Asking for a friend....) 

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I take it that all the Brexit shenanigans wont affect the production of sliced sausage with black pudding in the middle? 😛😋

(Asking for a friend....) 

As long as you don't try to export it to the EU

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Why are you glad? What parts of being in the EU didn’t you like?

The trade deficit. The contribution. The bureaucracy. The plethora of rules and regulations that push up unit costs of goods. The mass migration of cheap labour robbing locals of jobs and driving down wages and benefits. Economic and political integration that erodes the independence and sovereignty of member States. Then the very thought and costs of an EU army. 

Better it had remained as a simple trading bloc and not this socio economic bloc made up of disparate nations shoe horned into one size fits all solution and narcissistic c***s like Macron calling the shots. 

And oh yes, that echo chamber of MEPs that add no value, but plenty of costs. 

The discontent among members as they draw the line against encroachment of their culture and values by the Brussels bureaucrats. 

I give it ten years and it will no longer exist. 

A costly project that has driven up costs and overburdened nation states with debt and stymied civil liberties.

We witnessed the raiding of our state benefits systems and social housing priority given to EU migrants, far less overburdening the NHS and education. A vassal that has engendered wokeness and cancel culture to disadvantage the majority in a blatent attempt at social engineering. 

I have more in common with a Yetti than some anglophobic French or German twat or some fucking crime lord from Albania or Rumania peddling death on our streets unfettered. A burgeoning new crime wave in human trafficking and child prostitution. Murders and rapes committed by the faceless EU migrants. The list goes on. 

Britain was never part of the inner sanctum to its cost and the agenda against us continues today. 

Time Boris grew a spine and gave them the GTF pills. Gun boats in the Channel will suffice. 

As Nicola has also been advised by her own, drop the pretend EU love in. Its costing her votes. An old and misused  SNP tactic that is contradictory to the indy message and tbh no longer neccessary.

I'm not an indy lover myself, but with Boris in power, it doesn't take much to convince anyone that indy maybe the better alternative. 

Edited by BlueBear

31 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Albania being part of the EU for starters. Your post is full of unsubstantiated, hyperbolic, emotive pish though. "Robbing locals of jobs." My word.

Tee hee, can I join in, 'stymied our civil liberties' 🤪.  Has nobody told the Dutch!

Edited by aDONisSheep

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Albania being part of the EU for starters. Your post is full of unsubstantiated, hyperbolic, emotive pish though. "Robbing locals of jobs." My word.

An accession state yah fanny. Given free movement around the EU without a visa, but not entitled to work. Favourite destination the UK. Now we're out, thank f**k they have become the largest stowaways caught at UK ports.

Your denial is amusing right enough.