Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Have you bothered to register with any of the online pollsters?

Political polling companies use online respondents or telephone polls. 

Clipboard interviewers are usually working for commercial clients.

It was my attempt at a joke.
I'm as deaf as the proverbial door-nail so if any of them make a move in my direction I shout at them tae f**k off.
Up tae now it's worked.

Likewise the telephone.
Me being deaf I only use it in emergencies.

Online political polling.
I thought that was whit P&B political forum was :whistle

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There were only 519 in the SNP sample. That's what counts. When you break down a sample into smaller categories the margin of error rises.

23 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not on a two option(Leave/Remain) question.

12 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Based on the number of national SNP voters, that sample size would give you a margin of error of around 4%. 

Good to see you admitting you just make shit up.

Just now, Wee Willie said:

It was my attempt at a joke.
I'm as deaf as the proverbial door-nail so if any of them make a move in my direction I shout at them tae f**k off.
Up tae now it's worked.

Likewise the telephone.
Me being deaf I only use it in emergencies.

Online political polling.
I thought that was whit P&B political forum was :whistle

:lol: I ask if they're willing to pay for my opinions before telling them to take a hike.

But how do you know that they're pollsters rather than e.g, charity workers?

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Clause relates to post-Brexit deals. All the Gibraltar issues will be covered in the main Brexit deal. Large parts of Spain depend on British tourist and ex-pat spending. British holiday bookings are up around 40% compared to 18 months ago and hotel companies raised their prices by around a quarter.  Spain would be crazy to use the EU to pick a needless fight over Gibraltar. 

Holiday bookings are up since people are hesitant about going to Turkey due to various bomb attacks.

As regards raised prices, is that in actual euros, or the fact that the pound has lost a fair bit of value against the euro since the Brexit vote. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Good to see you admitting you just make shit up.

Not at all. 1% is not a significant difference in an opinion poll. 

It does not change the fact that around a third of SNP voters want to Leave the EU.

And that uncomfortable truth makes a lot of SNP supporters on here very angry. :thumsup2

36 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

:lol:

Do you seriously think there were only the 519 SNP voters in the Scottish sample?

The sample size in Scotland was 1102, similar to a national Scottish or British opinion poll. 

The margin of error would therefore be the same as an typical opinion poll.

Got it?

32 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not on a two option(Leave/Remain) question.

Nuff said.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Holiday bookings are up since people are hesitant about going to Turkey due to various bomb attacks.

As regards raised prices, is that in actual euros, or the fact that the pound has lost a fair bit of value against the euro since the Brexit vote. 

Both. The Pound was lower against the Euro in 2008-9.

The margin for error for a sample size of 500 is still only 4%.

I'm an SNP member, but more than happy to show up a few fellow Yes when they don't understand how statistics work

Tend to agree but would have to check the 500 sample was fairly representative of all SNP voters, no?

You would, but whatever way you look at it, a significant percentage (likely 30%+) of SNP voters voted Brexit. The important question is, what % view being part of the UK but outside EU as being favourable to being independent and in the EU

My whole family voted brexit apart from me and everyone of them has stated they will vote yes,my polling sample was 11 not including me

Just to add that includes nephews/nieces etc

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

My whole family voted brexit apart from me and everyone of them has stated they will vote yes,my polling sample was 11 not including me

Just to add that includes nephews/nieces etc

What was the margin for error?

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The final Brexit deal will need to be ratified by all the Member States and the European Parliament. Clause 22 in the EU's draft guidelines is an unnecessary and provocative gesture by Tusk. His re-election is being opposed by Poland's governing Law & Justice Party which is part of the Tories' group in the European Parliament. It's better to get childish ego trips and pettiness over quickly and let Barnier and Davis get on with the serious negotiations.

Do keep up. President Tusk was re-elected a couple of weeks ago, despite Poland's objections. Pretty stonking majority too.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/09/donald-tusk-re-elected-as-european-council-president-despite-polish-opposition

Edited by Theo Snelders

54 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

:lol: I ask if they're willing to pay for my opinions before telling them to take a hike.

But how do you know that they're pollsters rather than e.g, charity workers?

I dinnae but if you see how I'm dressed then they should be handin' me charity instead of the ither way roond.
Onyway maist o' the clipboard lot deliberately ignore me.
If ye can picture Albert Steptoe then that's me except I'm better looking and still got 18 o' my ain teeth :lol: