Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

So labour are saying the deal doesn't meet their 'six tests' and they'll be voting against it.

That'll be the ardent Tory remainers and leavers, the bulk of labour, the DUP, PC, the green MP and the SNP all voting against it now. I think Labour whipping a vote was their last chance of getting this through. I'm not sure this will even make it as far as Parliamentary vote.

This deal brexit mess is actually fantastic for Scottish independence, for all those who talk about hard borders etc the UK are now committed to be rule takers (and will be in any reasonable brexit scenario) one such condition of them being rule takers with Scotland as equal partners of the EU is that any trade deal could be negotiated on favourable terms for us now and not them. Its patently clear, now is exactly the time for indyref2, now is the time for Scotland :)

This deal brexit mess is actually fantastic for Scottish independence, for all those who talk about hard borders etc the UK are now committed to be rule takers (and will be in any reasonable brexit scenario) one such condition of them being rule takers with Scotland as equal partners of the EU is that any trade deal could be negotiated on favourable terms for us now and not them. Its patently clear, now is exactly the time for indyref2, now is the time for Scotland [emoji4]

Any sane person that isn’t a swivel-eyed Nat won’t want to go through yet another shitstorm, especially while the Brexit mess is far from over.

44 minutes ago, HTG said:

This is nothing to do with integrity.  I'll be very surprised if they're not resigning now because they know that sufficient numbers of letters have gone in to force a no confidence vote in May. They don't mind collective responsibility as long as they can save their own skin by not being collectively tied to May.

That too

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So you are against democracy?

Some things are too important and complex to put to the population and this is one of them. Those paid to deal with this should have dealt with it. Complete shambles and  some in my family who voted Leave on the basis of one narrow topic have contributed massively to this situation.

2 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Any sane person that isn’t a swivel-eyed Nat won’t want to go through yet another shitstorm, especially while the Brexit mess is far from over.

But it's your mob that have given us this "shitstorm", hence the reason any sane person would want to break away from these deluded, incompetent and self serving fools...................

1 minute ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Some things are too important and complex to put to the population and this is one of them. Those paid to deal with this should have dealt with it. Complete shambles and  some in my family who voted Leave on the basis of one narrow topic have contributed massively to this situation.

It’s very easy to move from that position to denying people, or certain groups of people, the right to vote at all.  Very easy.

Whilst I share your frustration I totally reject the idea that referenda such as this should not be repeated.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This deal brexit mess is actually fantastic for Scottish independence, for all those who talk about hard borders etc the UK are now committed to be rule takers (and will be in any reasonable brexit scenario) one such condition of them being rule takers with Scotland as equal partners of the EU is that any trade deal could be negotiated on favourable terms for us now and not them. Its patently clear, now is exactly the time for indyref2, now is the time for Scotland :)

So you have learned nothing from this then? Do you expect Nicola and her troops to do a better job of extricating themselves from the UK and then finding the money for all their promises?  To my earlier point about not letting numb nuts vote.