Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

55 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

They were asking if anyone has changed their mind and the chairwoman of Stoke FC made the same point as a guy who said he had moved from Remain to Leave, i.e. the EU have been nasty therefore we are off in a huff.

'off in a huff' :lol:

The absolute cuckery required to make such realisations about the EUSR, and yet still vote for abuse.

May and Corbyn ffs. Can we not get Miliband and David Cameron back to debate this? Ed's death stare at the camera and Cameron's fake earnest face will be a huge improvement on Corbyn's fence sitting and May's robotic non-answering of questions. 

If a broader church of views isn't possible - which is ridiculous in itself - then we'd be as well not bothering. People can't vote on this deal so the public's view doesn't matter (as we've seen constantly more or less during the entirety of this negotiation) and most of the MPs have already nailed their flags to the mast. 

Genuinely - what is the point?

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

ITV have offered to put the debate on before The I'm A Celeb final.

The BBC originally offered a weeknight and changed to going up against the I'm A Celeb final. Clearly the Tories in No.10/BBC don't want the IAC demographic seeing Corbyn unfiltered.

Couldn't the debate be part of the "I'm a Celebrity Final"

Whatever contestant was able to endure these two the longest would be declared the winner.

1 hour ago, Big Rider said:

I understand what you are saying however my point was on a vox pop they did in Stoke not the rest of the UK.

They were asking if anyone has changed their mind and the chairwoman of Stoke FC made the same point as a guy who said he had moved from Remain to Leave, i.e. the EU have been nasty therefore we are off in a huff.

This was a new narrative to me and came away from the usual “take back control” and “open new markets in Micronesia” stuff from the leavers. I’d be happy to conclude that the 70% leave vote in Stoke will be pretty much unchanged if “the EU is nasty to us” is a new reason to give for having voted leave.

Hopefully once we have left, there will be a clause somewhere stating that we will only do trade deals with nice countries. :)

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

Corbyn has absolutely f**k all to debate with her other than to tell her that her brexit deal is shite. We all understand that part already. 

He'd have to climb down off his ivory fence to pick brexit or remain and either back a people's vote with remain as option or offer a solution to the Irish border if he wants to crack on to appease the gammons. 

Since May and Corbyn are both shitebags they won't want Sturgeon anywhere near it. She'd have enough ammunition to dish out about 3 hours of telts uninterrupted.

May and Corbyn would run a country mile if Nicola ever got anywhere near a TV studio with these two engaged in some kind of a debate..

This will be one completely pointless exercise.

14 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

BREXIT DEBATE UPDATE:

The Tories have made an agreement with the BBC, while Labour would prefer ITV.

We can't even properly negotiate a bloody DEBATE on Brexit.

How utterly, depressingly apt.

Yep...

And we can't even negotiate a debate as to which fucking TV channel the fucking debate should be on.

Presenter- Dear audience, we have laid on some delicious treats for you tonight whilst we await the two biggest political heavyweights available.
Audience- what type of sandwiches.
Presenter - dog shit or if you hate Koreans, you can have cat shit.
Audience- ok.
Presenter- oh wait, Nicola Sturgeon has been allowed to take part in this debate.
Audience- yes, I’ll have the caviar served on warmed Blinis.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Hopefully once we have left, there will be a clause somewhere stating that we will only do trade deals with nice countries. :)

That's going to cut down our options drastically. :lol:

I think we're actually witnessing the beginning of the total breakdown of our society, it's slowly but surely happening and maybe a war is the only thing that will stop it.

Step forward Vlad or Donald ???

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think we're actually witnessing the beginning of the total breakdown of our society, it's slowly but surely happening and maybe a war is the only thing that will stop it.

Step forward Vlad or Donald ???

The words "how convenient" instantly sprung to my mind as the Ukrainian skirmishes escalated this week. Probably not the first opponents May had in mind but we don't have the luxury of a Don King or Barry Hearn making our fights for us. Oh for an invasion of a far off territory by some diddy in arms terms when you need one.

Edited by Billy Jean King

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

The words "how convenient" instantly sprung to my mind as the Ukrainian skirmishes escalated this week. Probably not the first opponents May had in mind but we don't have the luxury of a Don King or Barry Hearn making our fights for us. Oh for an invasion of a far off territory by some daddy in arms terms when you need one.

The worrying thing is that Merkel, Macron and Trump are in the same boat.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

It's already happened. They want NATO ships in the Sea of Azoz.

The Ukrainians might want it but there is zero chance of Nato going in. Most they'll do is step up Black Sea patrols. As the Ukrainians have seen, since the new bridge was built between Crimea and Russia, all they have to do is say "Whoops, an oil tanker has broken down blocking the only passage to the Sea of Azov, what can we do?".

Edited by welshbairn