England v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was the outcome i feared would happen ..Scoreline looks pretty convincing but the only positive is we never camped in our own half and let them have all the possession ( with the same or worse outcome)..Effort can only get you so far but until we have Scottish players getting a start for teams at the highest club level theres always going to be a gulf..New manager ?? Aye ok ,,neeeeext...

England had 68% possession.

Strachan should go now, that result in performance in Slovakia and the last 15 minutes suggest the players have chucked it.

some of his decisions are baffling. For me if we bring in someone else we still have time to turn this group around. Stick with him and there is no chance 

6 hours ago, Contra said:

Forrest was far the better player than Snodgrass tonight though. Its not even debatable. 

"Apologists" 

Says it all.

Forrest runs around like a wee fairy doing f**k all

6 hours ago, Contra said:

Forrest was far the better player than Snodgrass tonight though. Its not even debatable. 

"Apologists" 

Says it all.

7 hours ago, Contra said:

For what its worth, I think if we play like that for the rest of the campaign we'll finish second.

Teams don't finish 2nd in a league losing 3-0 every game m8.

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Too much 'Snodgrass delivers great balls at set-pieces' chat on this thread...
Yes, he does, but we've absolutely nobody to get on the end of them, and other than a couple of hit and hope balls into the box he was fucking woeful last night.

Are you saying that Grant Hanley is a nobody ?   Surely not.  He even closes his eyes when he is heading the ball , the useless b*****d!!!  8)

Snodgrass was woeful for the last double header too but for some strange reason people like him. 

Hanley is an absolute bomb scare, the ball just ricochets off any corner of his massive square napper! Hasn't started for Newcastle since early august so why deemed match sharp to play international football? Absolute madness and until that defence is sorted we'll always struggle 

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

People praising Anya and Wallace?

We lost 2 goals to crosses which decent "full backs" could and should have prevented. Hence IMHO they were both poor.

Is that OK Benny? Nothing to do with Wallace playing for the dark side

It obviously is to do with his team, adding Enya to your post makes no difference.

7 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Rangers fans in the local boozer openly celebrating England goals. Why do these c***s bother waving the Union Flag, why not just wear the St. George's cross and cut out the embarrassing saltire that offends them so much.

And it took you how long after the game to mention this?

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

People seriously trying to suggest Forrest was better than Snodgrass last night :lol:

Morons.

Not having a neck must make it hard for him to see what's going on at times.

Last night was just awful. Our defence is a shambles
Why do we insist on right backs that dont either play for their club on a regular basis (hutton) or a makeshift rightback that doesnt play for club often (anya) over the rightback who plays regularly for a team near top of scots premiership?
What was the deal with hanley on attacks? Freekick and hes either offside or pulling shirts. And when he was in the right place , his 50p shaped heid knocked it high into the stands.
Berra... was just berra. About sums it up.
Wallace... apart from losing his man a few times and trying to play it out from the back when launching it would have been the better option... i dont think he had that bad a game. No wait. He was a shambles as well.
Midfield:
Brown might have stayed retired. Passes behind the players. Seemed to get in the way and do sideways passes. Think hes done (as i have the last few internationals)
Fletcher. God loves a trier.
Forrest. Too much for him. Hopelessly lightweight and couldnt use pace to good effect.
Morrison. Tried. Failed.
Snodgrass. Probably our best player. Had a go chased down. A few decent freekicks (shame about hanley giving away free kicks during) lost our pep when he went off.
Griffiths. Had a go. Had a couple of chances. Is a greedy b*****d.
Still made good foil for snodgrass.

I left out gordon. Not much to do. 3 goals his defence were woeful for

People will defend him on the basis that we SHOULD have scored several times, and that it would have been a different game had we scored. Whislt both are undoubtedly true it conveniently leaves out the fact that our atrocious defence still would have conceded the number of soft goals needed to lose the game

If we had scored it would just have enabled the press to pedal that tired 'glorious defeat' narrative again.

Watching the game at work last night with a mix of 50/50 Scottish English. Couple of England fans were raging at how shite they played, and they still pumped us.

Decent cash on England -1 and England -2 made up for the performance. If they'd scored a 4th it would have been an even better night, as I had a bit on -3 as well.

Just to echo what else has already been said - that was as poor an England team as I've seen for quite a while and they won the game comfortably whilst being completely bog ordinary.

For the first goal, Forrest was caught ball-watching which allowed Walker all the time to get the ball over. From memory, Hanley was in no man's land and Berra left his man to try to close Sturridge too late. Second goal, I thought Wallace was slightly caught out by Lallana's run from out wide. And for the third...I don't know, stopped really watching after the second.

I thought Strachan should have left at the end of the last campaign and I certainly think his time is up now. I do have sympathy for him in a certain respect; he's very limited with regards to the personnel he can choose from especially defensively but no more so than other countries of similar size who are outperforming us on a regular basis. Scotland remind me of Thistle teams of the recent past who were tidy on the ball, relatively pleasing on the eye at times but soft-centred and wasteful bordering on impotent in front of goal.

Positives were few and far between but I thought Griffiths did a reasonable job on his tod up front, for the first half at least; really should have played Snodgrass in though. Wallace was decent enough going forward and was on the whole probably one of our better performers. Brown brought tenacity but not a great deal more, and I suspect will slope off back into retirement especially if Strachan leaves.

Time to stick a pin in Darren Fletcher. Brings increasingly little to the party and we've got a more dynamic, better performing option sitting on the bench in McArthur.

A final word for that neanderthal Hanley. Only Mike Ashley could sanction anyone spending £6 million on that fucking heed-the-baw. The only million that should be associated with him is the number of miles he's away from another call-up.

Archived