Scotland v Lithuania

TheScarf

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

@PAdugout on twitter have a video of it. Jonathan Sutherland proposed asking him questions from the public and Strachan was fairly wankerish in his response.

It's his default setting.  Doesn't mean he's wrong in this particular situation though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might be right not to answer them, but it's his sneering, sarcastic way of doing so that confirms him to be the c**t of a man he is.

If he'd politely declined no one would have batted an eyelid.

@PAdugout on twitter have a video of it. Jonathan Sutherland proposed asking him questions from the public and Strachan was fairly wankerish in his response.

This. Came across as a grumpy, tragic little man. Even if he doesn't want to answer the questions, don't be pathetic about it.

I genuinely can't believe people still get wound up by the fact Strachan, by his nature, is a sarcastic c**t. He's been that way for forty years, whys it still worth mewling over?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I genuinely can't believe people still get wound up by the fact Strachan, by his nature, is a sarcastic c**t. He's been that way for forty years, whys it still worth mewling over?

Exactly.  I have no problems with Strachan refusing to answer questions from the public.  Doesnt mean to say the media shouldnt be asking some of them as he does get a bit of an easy ride.

Back to the match, fully expect us to get a win but it will be tight as Lithuania look to have improved. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

To answer your question people probably care now because he is now the figurehead of Scottish football and comes across as a total fanny. Also, dealing with the media is a big part of his job and why he gets paid a big salary, he still obviously sees it as a hassle rather than realising that he gets paid for it, if he doesn't like it then resign. The main reason I don't like it is because his whole attitude to the press is just a defense mechanism, try and humiliate anyone who asks anything remotely challenging so that when results are poor people are too scared to ask him any serious questions, and in fairness to him it's worked a treat.

He could have just politely refused to answer, saying 'that's just what he's like' isn't an excuse.

Shockingly small thread.

Cannot wait for tomorrow, Sat night at Hampden and in the North Stand, should be fun.

Anyone heard how ticket sales are ?

2-0 Scotland

I'm getting those pre-Scotland game butterflies. More so because it's a Saturday game.

The big question though, is do I go for my '82 (home or away),'86 (home or away), 96', '98 (home or away), or '00 salmon pink top?

It's a big decision. The salmon pink one from 98-2000 is my preferred choice just now because it's quite thick for a night time kick off.

Scotland-Umbro-1999-2000-Away-Shirt-Size-Xl.jpg

Hated this top when it came out but I bloomin' love it now.

82 home or away every time.

To answer your question people probably care now because he is now the figurehead of Scottish football and comes across as a total fanny. Also, dealing with the media is a big part of his job and why he gets paid a big salary, he still obviously sees it as a hassle rather than realising that he gets paid for it, if he doesn't like it then resign. The main reason I don't like it is because his whole attitude to the press is just a defense mechanism, try and humiliate anyone who asks anything remotely challenging so that when results are poor people are too scared to ask him any serious questions, and in fairness to him it's worked a treat.

He could have just politely refused to answer, saying 'that's just what he's like' isn't an excuse.

Big part of his job? Nah.

He could get his cock out in the media room for all I care as long as the results get us qualified.

It's Strachan's attitude that's the problem rather than his refusal to answer the questions. This isn't an isolated incident of him being a belligerent wee dick either. 

Given that the media have been fairly compliant with him as well, I don't see the need for it. 

Archived