• Created
  • Last Reply

Drop the shite from last nights game and thus;

Marshall

Tierney Martin Berra Robertson

McArthur Bannan

Maloney Burke Snodgrass

Fletcher

I think Martin and Forrest will start, which should be a laugh on here. If Darren Fletcher is fit I think the team will be the same back 4, Bannan, Fletcher and McArthur in midfield, Snodgrass and either Ritchie or Forrest out wide, with Martin up front.

I'd have more or less that line-up except with Ritchie over Forrest, and Fletcher up front.

Goram

S.Jardine A.Mcleish W.Miller E.Caldow

G.Souness  J.Baxter  Dave McKay

K.Dalglish, D.Law, D.Cooper

We can all dream.

No McGrain???

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

No McGrain???

I thought about him - he would have been on the bench. Both he and Caldow were accomplished RBs,

No doubt someone from Dundee will come on and say I should have gone for Malpas. 

Guest DAVIDB69

We need to move away from Darren Fletcher he offers zero playing for Scotland .

How many decent games has Fletcher ever had for Scotland incidentally , i remember he played well in the Netherlands play off we won at home all those years ago

5 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We need to move away from Darren Fletcher he offers zero playing for Scotland .

How many decent games has Fletcher ever had for Scotland incidentally , i remember he played well in the Netherlands play off we won at home all those years ago

He was the best player on the pitch in the 2 - 2 draw with the Czech Republic at Hampden when they got a dodgy penalty

Strachan will pick exactly the same side as the Lithuania game. His arrogance/stubbornness continues to kill us. 

He said yesterday that they'll "mix it up". I reckon Forrest will play instead of Burke and providing he's not able to play, McArthur for Fletcher. Also think Morrison will come in for Bannan.

Fitness permitting, I would probably be most content with this line-up: Marshall; Paterson, Martin, Berra, Robertson; Fletcher, McArthur; Snodgrass, Burke, Ritchie; Fletcher. 

If the injury that forced Fletcher off at half-time does rule him out, I would have Bannan alongside McArthur. I would have no complaints if Griffiths played, and perhaps he deserves the chance, but my gut feeling is that Fletcher should start up top. Strachan's glowing review of Martin's performance would suggest that he probably did enough yesterday in Strachan's eyes to retain his starting place, though. I had anticipated possibly favouring Tierney over Robertson at left-back for this one, but it would be tricky to justify making that switch given the consensus that Robertson was our best performer last night (and hasn't really done anything worthy of being dropped regardless).

Archived