Team for Tuesday

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Martin is a fucking Carthorse who is shite at both but yet still gets picked. Is he shagging Strachans daughter?

No but I'm pretty sure that Bardsley and Rhodes are!!

15 hours ago, Myview said:

I felt before the match Martin was the wrong choice. See my previous post. Martin is more a box striker. He has strength in the air but not vastly skilful. Martin is fine at holding the ball up. I think Strachan thought that we would be in the last third with crosses coming in to the penalty box much much more. He may also have felt that there was little space in the central area. I would also assume Strachan saw their weakness and our strength was down the flanks therefore it was more about a striker in the box than one running the channels or getting in behind them. Fair enough but I would still have played Griffiths a prolific goal scorer. Martin has not scored since last April in the Champoinship. McArthur may well start. Maybe in the future but I'm not at present a Burke fan. I've already given several reasons why. I don't know anything about the opposition however if it suits the game plan, could Robertson and Tierney play on the left side leaving Ritchie to play in his favoured right side. We don't know what Strachan really thinks of some of the players for example Forrest who has been on fire for Celtic. 

To be fair, he probably did play Martin because of crosses into the box.  He probably thought that Matt Ritchie might have managed to play at least one given how well he played against Malta.

Is Ritchie's best side not the left anyway?  Or does he prefer to play on the right and cut in?  He looked far more effective against Malta being able to play passes and crosses in.

38 minutes ago, jailend-chapper said:

Marshall

Patterson Martin Hanley Robertson

Snoddy McArthur Fletcher Anya

Fletcher Griffiths

I'd say that's pretty much spot on. Id maybe try and fit in Steven Naismith who for some reason is being ignored by Strachan. He will never move from his 4-2-3-1- formation, which a blind man can see does not work.

Archived